Warlord’s Deathwheel and the Trading Post

I’m sure if we knew one mount would be gone forever it wouldn’t have changed the outcome. But I can’t remember if it was a vote, if it was though horde would have won either way by population. But if people did know winner would be removed, voting could have been “oh the loser gets to keep their mount in game forever for 100k”. Still, impossible to say how much sway that would have had.

I am also hoping to see as much of the old FOMO items return as blizzard allows. And I think it would be worth needing a few months for some. Imagine the Brutosaur coming back but needing 12000 Tender for it. So based on their current numbers having saved for a year to purchase it.

No currency to save until it launches since it will have it’s own.

I think they said the Brutosaur was going to come to the bmah but that didn’t happen yet. I think removing the brutosaur in the first place was kind of lame.

1 Like

The mount was used to sell the annual pass. Just as the many Blizzcon mounts/pets, I’m pretty sure there are laws in place for that. Unlike the TCG, these promotional items weren’t random.

Irrelevant. The mount is Blizzard property and they are free to do with it as they please. The Deathwheel is an extremely unique case as they had a contract with the American Choppers TV show. The losing bike was whatever and Blizz could use, but the winning bike was an American Chopper design and Blizzard could only use it as agreed upon in the contract, which was just as a one time promotional freebie. In order to use the Deathwheel again, and especially in any way Blizz could profit from it, they require expressed permission from whoever currently owns the rights to the Deathwheel (is American Chopper still going? As an Aussie I have no idea)

Tyreals Charger and all other promotional mounts are entirely in house. Blizzard owns those and are able to use them however they please. It’s no different from the various 6 month sub promotional mounts that are available for purchase, or the pets that were made for charity purposes that can still be bought despite no longer being for charity.

There’s no laws against Blizzard repurposing an old promotional item. It’s just usually more profitable for Blizzard not to because once the illusion of exclusivity is shattered, big promotional products like annual passes become less appealing and less profitable as people know they can just wait and get the mount for cheaper later without having to spend such a large up front payment and without having to lock themselves into WoW for a full year. THAT is the real reason why Tyreals Charger is unlikely to ever come back.

Vroom Vroom

(The sound of my motodeathwheel)

Except there was also a contract associated with the Annual pass. They advertised the mount as being exclusive to the pass. The only time it was ever brought back was for China, because they were never offered the Annual pass, just as the zodiac mounts end up in the store for the US

I think you’re misunderstanding the difference between a contract and a promotional offer. A promotional offer is not a contract and is not legally binding. A contract is an agreement between two parties that is entirely legally binding. The Deathwheel was part of a contract that had the winning bike design be the legal property of American Chopper, with Blizzard being able to use the design as a one time promotional offer. If Blizzard uses the Deathwheel again in any capacity, then they will be breaking the contract and American Chopper will have the rights to sue Blizzard. Blizzard requires expressed legal permission to use it again.

Promotional material is precisely just that. Promotional. There is no legal contracts. Nothing that says it can’t be used again. There are countless promotional goodies across the world that have been repurposed and sold in other non-promotional ways.

Heck if Blizzard wanted to they could go back and start selling old Collectors Edition products.

Bad news Tyreal’s charger is not on the trading post…good news you can now get it on the store.