Warlocks take up less than 1% of the total 2400+ players, why blizz discriminate warlock players

well actually i just got out of a board meeting (my dad is actually the ceo of blizzard) and i laid out my agenda for making warlocks unplayable and it passed easily. all i had to do was show them the average warlock poster

11 Likes

Wut? Can you just… not… post anything?

1 Like

i think surv kinda cranks but its fine

2 Likes

Guys wait for it… lock skill cap is based off their healers in pvp :slight_smile: . Ability to kite and press your 1-2-3 rotation is nowhere near as hard as proper defense cooldown and pet management with your healer.

Many locks will get rolled over, but they still have massive potential the later this season goes. If they can survive this melee train 45 second to 2 minute meta for a month or so shadowplay will rise back up to toxic levels.

Chanimal and Maldiva seem to not give a f about retail wow right now, that would triple these numbers. I assume its Nozomx that is the 1. I am a warlock and am bummed that destro isn’t more versatile. Its good in a couple comps that can peel like frostmage or feral but you don’t get to play otherwise you get locked down so hard. However, I think Chanimal and Cloud 9 will be even more dominant than they were in 9.0 bc Kubzy, Wealthyman, Chanimal, Snutz are a dream team and all their specs got buffs.

destro is easily r1 viable idk

Hey who was the one that asked why people don’t like warlock players? Here ya go

Isn’t there like only 5 people above 2400. 1% seems pretty good.

What is fun to play against?

1 Like

sir pls calm down it’s wednesday we don’t need a body count this high before the weekend even starts

Sorry bro I’m out here actin Chicago

2 Likes

I’m curious how Warlock’s will play once fully geared. They scale incredibly well with gear compared to some other specs. (Ele, Boomy, Spriest also scale very well with gear for example).

Melee always has the advantage in the first few weeks of a season with new weapons adding a nice boost to dps, but that starts to level out on the back end.

This again…

Versatility is our worst stat. Multiplying your worst stat by 1.4 offensively it becomes pretty much everyone’s best secondary stat offensively.

We scale horribly with verse offensively, we’re just forced into it. If it was a 40% buff to mastery then we’d scale incredibly well.

Really curious why people just state this. Like go do a stat weight on simcraft, you’re just factually wrong lol.

And we’re in a meta where lock doesn’t have the passive defensive to benefit greatly from versatility to our heals anyways. While it does effect both demon skin and Dark Pact, it was significantly better in BFA for demon skin to increase passive tankiness, and now we just run Dark Pact. It’s still beneficial, but nowhere near the output of demon skin overall.

7 Likes

Question

Chaos bolt, conflag, immo are boosted by every single secondary compared to say ele where mastery does nothing for lasso/storm keeper/earth shock.

Versa boosts all damage

In this scenario doesnt Destro get more value from every single point of 2ndary stat?

1 Like

We will never use any secondaries in this current patch besides haste and versa.

I have 0 crit rating and 32 mastery (because the only haste/versa boots are from the raid).

Max haste will probably be 25ish percent and only suffer a 10% DR MAX this patch. I have a 230 ring on that will be changed out for as pvp ring eventually most likely.

So will we benefit from the idk, 124ish mastery we’ll have from boots & ring more than others… that’s like less than a couple conduit upgrades matter.

Also, more on this.

It depends for each spell, and it depends on those spells overall damage distribution in a PVP encounter. Generally speaking, classes that scale off versatility only do so because for them, mastery, haste, and crit are not as weighty in the grand scheme of things. This can be for a myriad of reasons. I can give you an idea why Night Fae boomkin in PVE scaled really well off versatility & mastery last patch. Convoke didn’t benefit at all from haste, was a ton of your damage in a very short window, and was already crit amped heavily via Balance of All Things.

Thus, since the vast majority of your damage was that 4 second window, it was enough to make versatility (flat amp) and mastery (flat amp as well) your best stats. Stat weights shift on acquisition of certain stats, at certain thresholds etc.

This is in PVE though. In PVP it’s different. Warlocks will always value haste as one of the most important stats simply because windows for launching chaos bolts are small and haste helps filter them in tremendously. Haste also allows for easier juking of kicks since you can get the cast of quicker, you can double juke faster if needed, or spend less time doing so. Also reduces conflag recharge rate which is our main generator when kiting. Haste also increases immolation shard generation through faster ticks.

Mastery would be great for us defensively and offensively if it had the same stat modifier as versatility of 1.4% from trinket bonus, but without that bonus it is a dead stat. They’re essentially the same thing for destro, just mastery has higher highs and lower lows than versatility does. The average of 20+40 (mastery) is the same as 30 + 30 (versatility). Offensively, mastery currently probably has slightly more offensive value compared to versatility with the 40% multiplier, but it’s very negligible and last time I mathed it out it was around 3% I want to say better offensively, but defensively it wasn’t nearly as good.

Feral currently heals at my current ilvl in pvp for the same amount my vivfy does roughly 4.5k, unlike me who has energy and cast more often, they have 4 casts into oom.

Tell me how it’s so much?

Because Predatory Swiftness reduces mana cost to 0, they have a 100% crit chance on regrowth when talented (hits for 12k on my feral), are able to slot a conduit in for ~20% more regrowth healing on themselves, have access to resto conduits as well if they want for extra swiftmend healing, have passive healing through Ysera’s gift. King of the Jungle increases healing received by 5% per rip stack.

There’s a myriad of reasoning as to why it is so high.

You’re testing outside of pvp combat, my buddy and I test things constantly to make sure we know the limits of our spells.

No… You get gauranteed crits for around 12k+ on a friendly target. It was 7k on myself non-crit, but that’s not really the point.

It’s hitting a friendly for 9k crit in arena. It’s still high.