Warlocks need more Demons!

One of my fave alts I am leveling rn is a warlock and I love it… for the most part.

One thing that is really irritating however is the lack of diversity in Warlock pets, each spec is pretty much forced to use a few certain pets to play optimally. I know Warlocks aren’t all about the “special master/pet bond” but it is annoying to see myself running around with the same pets as everyone else. There is an incredible diversity of demons, especially after Legion, give us some more glyphs for a more customized experience!

Instead of an Imp how about a Wyrmtongue?
Instead of a Void Walker how about an Ur’zul?
Instead of a Felguard how about a Mo’arg Brute?

Think of the possibilities!

8 Likes

Yeah I’d like more demons, if they could use a random demon generating system based on type I’d be down with that.

Nether Portal summons 10 different types of demons so it wouldn’t be impossible.

I think the only way to summon different demons is with Glyphs.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to be able to summon a satyr

6 Likes

A Satyr could be a good substitute for the Succubus, being a stealthy melee attacker with CC. Though Succubi are already the demon currently available with the most customization options, having three glyphs for alternate appearances!

My long lasting idea of a system to fill that out without bloating glyphs:

Enslavement System

In major capital cities or in specific Warlock hubs, you can find a vendor that will sell you an [Empty Soul Crystal]. It is an on-use consumable item to trap the soul of a weakened demon inside. The crystal tooltip will acquire the type of the demon you trapped in [Succubus], [Felhunter] etc.

Once you have a trapped demon inside (you can “preview” the demon by shift-clicking the crystal), you can open a page called “Demons” in your character screen. There you can see every demon that the spec can summon, alongside with its abilities and a description. Also there is a place to “socket” the soul crystal besides each demon’s name.

By socketing you make that demon summon assume the form of the demon you trapped in the crystal, essentially letting you have a whole buffet of demons out there to try and get.

You could even get more irreverent skins, like you suggested, a Wyrmtongue for an imp. Or a Mo’arg Brute for a Felguard.

10 Likes

Nah just give us a Demonic Enslavement system. Divide the demons into families, tweak Enslave slightly, let us enslave Demons and Aberrations, our “stables” can be a Grimoire in Dreadscar Rift and/or next to the Warlock trainer in every major city, boom. Let Demonology be able to Enslave elite demons or bosses same way Beastmaster Hunter can tame elite beasts and bosses.

e.g. any spec can enslave Aranasi (the spider demons) or Mo’arg (the engineer hunchbacked demons) or the Satyrs or “common add” Jailer demmons, but then bosses like Supremus from Black Temple or Belac from Tomb of Sargeras or rares like the imp mother Ana-Mouz are Demonology only

7 Likes

Its not that demo needs more demons, but we have access to TONS of named demons we should draw from. Summon an eredar and summoning JARAXXUS ERADAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION definitely feels different.

6 Likes

If we had a demonic enslave system where Demo could enslave bosses:

• Felguard slot = Presume Fel Lords would be in this category, since Felguards are Mo’arg melee and Wrathguards are Eredar melee, so I’d enslave Imonar the Soulhunter from Antorus
  • Voidwalker slot = assuming we could enslave Aberrations (ie Void Monsters, Sha monsters, etc) given Voidwalker is one, maybe enslave Erudax from Grim Batol; if we couldn’t summon Aberrations, maybe Pit Lords/Annihilan could fit this slot, in which case I always liked the Argaloth model from Baradin hold
  • Imp slot = any of the Inquisitor models would be cool in this slot as they’re primarily a caster as an add; alternatively any of the Ered’ruin models (Doomguards, Doomlords) if they don’t become baseline again
  • Succubus slot = as others have said, would be cool to have Satyrs in this slot given tradition um “stereotypes” in terms of Satyr mythsin comparison to Succubus myths hahahaha, maybe the Peroth’arn model
  • Felhunter slot = given the animalistic nature of this slot, maybe the Vilefiends could be given to this slot, e.g. the Blistermaw model; alternatively, given the “watcher” nature of the Observer, maybe give Inquisitors to this slot
  • Infernals = maybe Pit Lords make most sense here
  • Doomguard = assuming baseline CD again, would be cool to maybe replace with an Eredar caster model
3 Likes

We even have our own little personal demonic army in Dreadscar. Surely we could order one of them to follow us, right? Blizz has also already said they don’t want us enslaving powerful demons like Pit Lords, Nathrezim and Eredar… but we already have enslaved Alythess and Sacrolash…

1 Like

Wrathguards are Eredar, so that’s a dub.

Yeah this would be cool.

This would be cool too.

Maybe a minor one, that’s a big demon to have instead of just a felguard. That’d make for a better big CD demon like infernals.

Having inquisitors instead of felhunters/observers would be cool. Minor pit lords instead of an infernal.

I’d love to have a taming system like hunters have. Instead of having a full stables sytem, I’d rather they just cap it at 8 max minor demons you can summon at any time. I find stabling a demon weird. Maybe instead just give us a connection to said demon. It’d be weird not just being able to summon any demon anywhere if you have some sort of a connection with them though. Keep the 4 types thing going on, just make it cosmetic.

As for major demons, maybe give each of the 3 major demons we have right now two extra skins.

Not to be edgy, but “IRL” ceremonial magic, you usually need a very long, complicated ritual to summon a demon, but there are ways to bind it to you and make a “contract” such that you can summon it more easily or have an object that summons it readily without the ritual.

Ergo my “enslave and write into a grimoire” idea that we can go back to and “switch out”.

2 Likes

Okay this is a much better idea than what I had. If we have some sort of grimoire in cities we could click on and choose which demons we “memorize” to summon, that would be much cooler and would fit the theme just as well or possibly even better. Cap it at 4-5 we can have memorized at once.

6 Likes

Well I meant obviously a tiny one, I just think it would aesthetically be cool.

I know there are lots of demons that are too big and powerful to ever feasibly be Warlock pets, but dang it would be cool have some of them aesthetically. Maybe ours could just be minor versions of stronger demons? After all if Hunters can tame bosses and devilsaurs without being lore breaking why can’t we have a tiny Pit Lord?

As for an Infernal reskin I think a Felreaver or an Antaen would be awesome!

1 Like

I feel like the satyr, gan’arg,wyrm tongue are going to be a future race for us to play which is why they are holding back on giving then to warlocks.

I think we should have access to all the models from legion, after all we are supposed to be these powerful warlocks who have conquered countless foes.

2 Likes

I just want an imp motha so impology lock makes sense! Hah.

3 Likes

Yeah I dunno about this. There’s “evil” races in WoW, like forsaken, and ones that aren’t evil but are unorthodox like void elves, but they seem a bit too far gone to be playable. Problems with armor would also be a thing.

Imp mother would be a cool new ability for implosion I think, to buff it, instead of just a skin. Most major demons would make sense as a new ability though, instead of just a skin.

What you going to wheel her around in a shopping cart?

Been asking for more demons for god knows how long, do they listen? No…

I’m pretty sure asking to having demons like hunters have pets goes all the way back to vanilla…

They gave us doomguard and inferno, removed one completely and made the other a 3 min cooldown…, I also think the doom on kill doomguard has never happened in BFA…

1 Like