Warlocks at the bottom of the meters

Similar to mages warlocks are at the bottom of heroic logs dps so far this raid. What ive noticed is that there is a poop ton Of movement heavy fights this raid so we will need to be compensated with a dmg buff in order to be viable.

Mages got a buff today. Will we see the same for locks?

Cant post the link to wow logs.

Demo and destro are at the bottom.

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here

14 Likes

And aff is near the top, where it shines as a very mobile caster spec. They’re not gonna hand out buffs because people aren’t willing to position right or play the better spec.

3 Likes

Looking at the bars I’d describe it as “middle of the pack” instead of “near the top” while probably both is somewhat true :wink:

Now using the term “shine” is a bit too much. Really. Shadow priests “shine”.

Those are the best players in the world shining, you might not be one of them at level 10.

Locks are fine. Affliction Locks are fine.

4 Likes

I’d call that trying to troll threads by making claims without any arguments

How about this then: “Those are the best players in the world parsing 75th-99th percentile and shining - dont worry about it, locks are fine, play your best and you will be the top as a lock with the right affixes, simming, essenses and stat weights, player ability comes with being a great dps’er, if not, re-roll because the sky is falling” - there is that less of a troll.

1 Like

Not sure if you’re still trolling or just ignoring the topic which is relative dps performance.

1 Like

Essences… It’s been written before about various types of special gear but also about gear in general. Destruction scales probably worse than any other dps class/spec in the game (except arcane mages apparently).

Tbh I don’t really mind being the high burst-quick to drop spec but at least make us better in m+.

1 Like

m+ is a completely different thing though, and demo is perfectly viable there. There is also a perfectly viable raid spec atm. No they aren’t the same but we’re not without a spec to play in either situation.

1 Like

What an original contribution to the conversation.

OT: when it comes to Destro, we’ve gone from a raid where Rolling Havoc and Flashpoint were super powerful on pretty much every fight to a raid where… well, they aren’t. To my knowledge the essences didn’t bump us up enough where we would perform well without them, so we’re pretty awful compared to BoD as a result.

1 Like

Ugh, I wish they would help Destro out. Hits like a wet noodle.

Sorry, but Affliction just plain sucks in terms of playability.
I’ve tried it every single expansion in my 13 years of playing, and it just never clicks.
Mainly because too much micro-managing. Blagh.

6 Likes

This expansion is the worst for micro managing

Haunt
Corruption
Agony
Phantom
Siphon
UA x5
Dark Soul
Darkglare
Deathbolt

It’s so awful to play. I tried, and my dps went up,but OMG was I bored. I hate affliction so much right now

13 Likes

People needa chill, not nearly enough parses coming in yet to have a good judge of exactly where we sit, its week 2, early week 2.

2 Likes

This. These rotations aren’t so tedious and unfun.

That is very true, and mythic might differ too. Even though, it’s been a LONG time since aff started this badly hc overall dps stats wise.

1 Like

If you are playing a class/spec that the current lead dev openly said not to play, and you complain about it, that’s on you.

lets all ignore the fact that affliction turns hasted RPPM procs into machine gun nukes with (counting CLF R3) i believe 28% increased damage on everything.

1 Like

Affliction in pve, here we go again.
i’m glad im geared my alts along my warlock this time.

I always hated playing affliction in pve.

Yawn. I’m so tired of seeing this argument.

You should be able to play the spec you like playing in all of the content the game offers. The specs exist to fulfill player fantasy and preference, NOT to fill gaps in optimization.

6 Likes