Warlocks at the bottom of the meters

That did that for awhile, you know what it was called? Homogenization and everyone hated it. Some specs are better at certain things, thats why you can choose between 3 of them.

2 Likes

Ah yes, because a comment about pre-6.2 Demo and its state is absolutely relevant now, 2 expansions and a rework later. Genius reasoning there.

In terms of Heroic data, thereā€™s enough at the moment to draw some reasonable conclusions from it; itā€™s unlikely to diverge a ton from now until farm logs become abundant (and at that point its not as relevant anyhow).

Weā€™re still waiting on more Mythic data which would be more valuable for gauging stuff like this, but I think people would be right to be worried that, for example, Destro makes up the bottom 5 of every fight by a substantial margin outside of the last 3 fights, with one of those barely breaking out of that position.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m more so akin towards the Mythic data, as Iā€™m hoping warlocks migrate a bit higher simply due to things being alive long enough for us to utilize our burst windows more properly, as we have always done better as the tier goes on.

Personally I think the only spec that will likely heavily suffer is demo, due to the amount of movement present on the heroic fights themselves, being amplified immensely on Mythic. While our defensives definitely make it easier on the healers, I feel from a pve perspective they arenā€™t quite strong enough, as their purpose is to basically fill the gap that lack of movement has, by allowing us to eat more incoming damage. However in Mythic the incoming damage is often so strong that it doesnā€™t matter that we have defensives as you need to move regardless, since it will
Still kill you, or cause a bad situation for your raid team.

Personally Iā€™m holding out for more logs of demo with visions and lucid together, to see exactly how much it ramps us up, as if timed right the burst windows are absolutely massive when Decon 15+ imps.

Thatā€™s about 6 ā€œtrack these spellsā€ too many. No thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, it does tend to pan out a little different in Mythic depending on what mechanics are introduced/made more important. As much as I do lament where Destro is atm, some of our power doesnā€™t come up in WL Stats as much as priority damage, so thereā€™s definitely more to it than that one set of rankings, worrying though they are at the moment.

It would probably do wonders for Demo, though I wonder if it would really scale more powerfully than other specs with it (Iā€™ve been pretty out of the loop on Demo since it got nerfed).

Well, from what I see Iā€™m getting like 2 casts off from the tyrant procs, itā€™s more important benefit seems to be the pet extension tbh, as it allows for another set or 2(with lucid proc / conduit coming in clutch)

I think the largest imp sacrifice was at 15 imps, but with lust Iā€™ve seen upwards of 22 or more imps up at one time with some very good procs. Just relying on them for our damage isnā€™t that favorable.

I am waiting on Not to pop up his input on the changes to, LOSS tends to have pretty good information, but hasnā€™t been updated to this tier yet.

Those complaints were that everyone could do everything. Thatā€™s quite a bit different than all these specs here do comparable damage as DPS specs.

Big difference.

1 Like

I completely agree, there just seems to be too much going on with it. I prefer to play demo, but it seems like affliction continues to dominate charts like it did in Legion.

Itā€™s not even dominating right now man. The entire class is underwhelming in the new raid.

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably the only person in this thread that loves Affliction and loves that itā€™s most often the ā€œpremierā€ Warlock spec.

Destro feels like dollar store Mage and Demo never ā€œclickedā€ for me though, so I do sympathize with my fellow Warlocks.

2 Likes

I am not sure what there is to complain about. Warlocks are absolutely everywhere in mythic progression right now, especially in world first raider guilds. Being a warlock has never been about being at the top of the meters. We are self sustaining which means healers have a nice time having us around and we bring lots of versatility to the team with portals hearthstones and extra battle lives.

The classes with the real problems right now in the new raid are demon hunters because of their low single target output and just lack of an overall reason to bring more than one, and DKā€™s who just have a hard time adding anything to raid groups when rogues are almost always going to overshadow them.

1 Like

Thank you for this! I keep trying to come back to my lock and every time I do I get extremely annoyed with the level of micromanagement Affliction in BfA entails. Seeing it written out so concisely helps make it clear why I find it so aggravating to play.

Thank you, it still holds up to this day.

Iā€™ve played Aff since I rolled this Lock but I finally switched to Destro earlier this week. I dunno, I never raid beyond Heroic and I play fairly casually these days, but Aff just felt kind of flat at this moment for the kind of content I was trying to do more of.

no real sinergy with the essences, blizzard really like to kill the fun, now we arent good for pvp, wpvp, m+, and we can add raiding too.

1 Like

LOOOL dick

2 Likes

Only in Heroic, theyā€™re below half in Mythic.

You do realize they have the 3rd highest number of parses right now donā€™t you?

Are you suggesting that there is ever a reason to take more than one DH at high end mythic, because that was my point.

I am not, I am saying they are the 3rd highest parses which means they are one of the most popular classes in high end mythic. There is 1.7 more DH than warriors and almost 2 x more than Ret paliā€™s. So obviously they are being taken and there is probably multiple being taken since there are so many more parses of DH than most other specs.

DHs are very good because they can do everything. In fights with a lot of adds, they can swap to their baseline blind fury/fel barrage/imolation aura build. For most fights, their single target build with felblade/demon blades is equally good.

Thatā€™s the problem with DH, they were designed very well. If the development team spent as much time making sure every class had the options that havoc had, there would be a lot less complaints. Instead, if you want to do AoE and play Affliction, your best talent build is ā€œChange specializationā€.

2 Likes