Warlocks are just drop out mages

All warlocks are just the magic school dropouts who couldn’t cut it with real magic. Instead of learning real magic they copied off of some demon’s homework and sold their soul in the process.

Warlocks are just failed mages. Change my mind!

7 Likes

Mages are Warlocks who couldn’t commit to the craft. Can’t control the elements as well as a Warlock. And has trouble summoning anything to help them.

11 Likes

Sounds fair

Warlocks are just mages(generally former mages) with a more addicting, destructive, and dark power source. It isn’t like Dungeons and Dragons where warlocks take some kind of short cut to power. The warlocks who do that end up dead and enslaved by demons in Warcraft.

1 Like

I’ll push it further by saying Fire and Frost Mages are just Arcane dropouts.

5 Likes

I believe it is actually mentioned somewhere as canon lore that they often were mages, and that they decided to take an easier, shortcut path to power. As Sheldon Cooper would say, they are the engineers of the science world… :wink:

4 Likes

Warlocks are actually the opposite of Mages.

Mages use Order Magic.

Warlocks use Chaos Magic.

Chaos is a lot more complicated than Order :smiley:

1 Like

Believe me…as a designer in the engineering business, it is far harder to enforce order on the natural state of chaos, than it is to let chaos reign.

As a fellow engineer, believe me: it’s a lot easier to control and predict order than Chaos.

You can easily calculate the behavior of a regular pendulum with accuracy. Try a double pendulum and suddenly it’s impossible.

Warlocks don’t just leave Chaos alone. They control Chaos. They turn Chaos into dimensional portals and missiles.

1 Like

Or, simply tap into it and point. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There’s a hill that leads right to the base of our garage. The rain has carved a little gulley right down the hill pointing at our garage corner. So every time it rains water comes charging at our garage foundation.

My wife then goes on a sealing binge putting sealant all around the garage foundation to stop it from happening. It holds for a year or two. Then the water starts seeping in again.

I keep trying to tell her that as long as that hill is sending all the rain water to the garage the water will eventually win against anything we do. We need to give the water someplace else to go.

The water will ALWAYS win, no matter how good the foundation of the garage is sealed. But she has this stubborn streak, that once she has an idea in her head, that she can just seal the garage foundation instead of digging a whole French drain around the garage that she can control the water that way.

The natural chaos of the water will always win. I’ll win the argument eventually, just need to wait for her to get tired of sealing it every 1-2 years.

6 Likes

Well yes im undead but don’t believe in demons

Frost and Fire are arcane also, mages do not control elements, they manipulate arcane to look and act like the element

Warlocks and mages all go to the same school.

The mages are just the preppy kids and the warlocks are the goths.

3 Likes

Even if you succeed, and put a well-engineered drainage system in, chaotic entropy will always win in the end (because of age and wear). We do what we can, but the universe hates order, heh.

But… warlocks study the chaos to understand it? Or they just “control” it and let it be chaotic?

Warlocks are mages that wanted more power and got it !

1 Like

Pretty much… lore kinda does warlocks dirty. Lore wise they are just really weak mages that get power capped early on.

Exception might be the few legion commanders like kil’jaeden. Even then mages just walk around playing with time now…

Of course we do.

Look at our Class Hall.

It’s half books and half naughty stuff (chains, a big purple bed, candles, spikes, a hot tub with a big bikini lady in it, etc)

2 Likes

Then mages are superior, 'cause they do the hardest job, which is put in order the raw power they drag from azeroth.

Grabbing chaotic magic and making it rain against your enemies is basically what his wife is trying to do