Warlocks are getting ripped off compared to Hunters

I think there seen as the only true pet class in game.which is silly warlock even has a army demon spec lol.

1 Like

Nope. The ability has been useless since Burning Crusade, and every time it’s been useful it’s been swiftly nerfed.

You just wrap some chains around an add for five minutes, can’t take it to other zones, nothing.

1 Like

Then why have Warlocks / Mages / DKs with pet focused specs?

1 Like

Regardless, I don’t think the answer is to give warlocks more demons, especially since class identity is hard to come by in this game anymore. Making them a hunter that specializes in demons feels like we’d be going in the wrong direction.

There should be more to the warlock fantasy than just demons. That’s how it used to be back in Vanilla/BC.

I really don’t think letting warlocks have a few new demons will eliminate the hunters class fantasy. All the demons available don’t come even close to how many beasts / undead / robots Hunters can have

1 Like

And I’m not saying it will. I think giving warlocks more demons wouldn’t really solve the problem of warlocks getting shafted.

There used to be a large emphasis on warlocks and chaos back in the day, about how their magic, while powerful and useful, was also unsustainable and potentially deadly. I remember when people used to summon the infernals in town, and how it would eventually go crazy and kill everyone. That kind of stuff made warlocks stand out and feel appealing. No other demon/pet could do that.

Now we don’t even have freaking life tap anymore. We’re risky magic users with no risk anymore -_-

1 Like

Hunters tame. Warlocks enslave. Hunters own their pet and thus can feed and rename. Warlocks are enslaving an already existant demon and thus cannot rename them and we sacrifice them (if talented into that ability).

Different fantasy.

Demons is half the class fantasy. The other half is Dark Spooky Magic.

Also Demonology class fantasy is centered on demons now 100%, ever since we lost Metamorphosis since DHs came around.

Irrelevant for modern WoW, not useful to the conversation.

Precisely, so all that’s left is Demons, which aren’t as aesthetically novel after 16 years.

Indeed, hunters have 75 pet families with various models (1 to 5)internal to each family and anywhere from 3 to 10 color variants.

Warlocks would have at most 50-ish demon families with only one model per family usually (only 5 exceptions: the Void beings, the Fiends, and Mo’arg) with usually 3 to 5 color variants per model.

We’d have at most 25% of the diversity of hunters

2 Likes

Different classes Hunters Tame, warlocks can still enslave but much like DKs they can’t permanently enslave.

And yet we have demons that never leave our side.

1 Like

As a hunter main, I agree. Warlocks should 100% get more demon pets ALTHOUGH I do understand why Blizzard hasn’t done anything because adding a demon pet is a lot harder than giving hunter’s access to more animal types.

2 Likes

Switch to shaman. Embrace the elements and give up the demonic powers. Ez…

canonically wrong, all our permanent demons are enslaved actually

If the system already exists, and all the demons already follow a family ID system, just copy paste the system onto a floating fel book lol

Pet Stable interface at NPC -> Grimoire interface at object
Pet ability rewrite and level change post-Tame -> Demon ability rewrite and level change post-Enslave
Five slots in interface for pets -> five slots in interface for demons
Fixed abilities per Pet Umbrella (e.g. Cunning) -> Fixed abilities per Demon Category (e.g. Caster Demons)

etc

I have next to no clue what you just said but from what I could understand I think you want Blizz to make demon taming a thing…? If so I 1000000% disagree, the way Warlock pets are currently is super unique and I prefer it that way. Warlocks should get 1-2 more demons with unique abilities but DO NOT allow demon taming.

Blizzard doesn’t want to add more demons because it’s more to balance; they already added new Demon models via the glyph system after they removed Grimoire of Supremacy that was added back in Mists of Pandaria.

Warlocks being able to enslave new demons, perhaps a small mandatory “quest” (e.g. have to finish the ritual in a certain location in-game) would add life to a system that is a relic of Vanilla WoW, with models that are a decade old already, and would utilize assets painstakingly made for Legion that are currently seeing no use.

Warlocks have 1 demon per function:

• Ranged DPS + Self-Dispell
  • Melee DPS + Interrupt + Dispell
  • Melee DPS + CC (Channeled)
  • Tank + AOE Damage
  • Demonology specific Melee DPS Cleave + AOE Damage + CC (Stun) + (in shadowlands) Interrupt (if stun immune)

Would be cool to add a system where Warlocks can add a model they want for the role that already exists among the variety of demons that exist.

One of the big difference is that Hunter pets are willful companions, one of the core fantasies for Survival in particular is basically the premise for “I am Legend” (movie from 2007) which i absolutely love.

On the contrary the whole point of Warlocks is the forcefully summon and control demons against their will. To bend and break them. You can’t name something like that.

I do agree they could bring back a glyph system to give them access to some demon variations though.

1 Like

I’d imagine the lack of demon choices or what not could be because the burning crusade was defeated leaving only the minor demons paddling around to “tame”. IDK.

Nope all Warlocks are currently Netherlords of a small demon army in Dreadscar Rift

The issue you point out is address in the following concept:

1 Like

Did you not play Legion? The demon expansion?

Would have been ideal do add more to their stables then imo.

2 Likes

What, and take away from Demon Hunter spotlight? The nerve, the audacity!

3 Likes