Warlocks are getting ripped off compared to Hunters

yes, it’s that time of day again that I stop by to ask for #DemonStables now :grimacing:

3 Likes

We summon demons, they charm turtles and crap. We win, who cares.

I have to agree. When I read that hunters will be able to tame Elegon, it was a serious “Huh?!” moment. Considering Enslave Demon is a baseline Warlock skill, it should be treated the same for Demonology as Beast Mastery, and allow for the unique styles out there.

2 Likes

In most cases of fantasy, the name of a being or object is what commands power over it. So changing its name would be completely in line for dominating its will.

…just lol

Not like that. Plus that fantasy is based on real life occult practices wherein you need the true name of a spirit (demon, angel, ghost, otherwise) in order to command it or summon it. You cannot change the name of a demon within the Goetia of the Lesser Key of Solomon if you pretend to summon it to bind it to you.

Within WoW lore you need a demon’s true name to control/command it, and as such the name cannot change, as evidenced within this lore:

Yup, I mean we’ve been pointing out the necessity of an interrupt on felguard AT LEAST for over a decade now and instead we get some stupid “Axe Toss interrupts stun immune targets”

They listened to us too, just not as closely.

Amen

Yeah taming what’s basically a Library Artificial Intelligence is just… lol

??

Here’s to hoping we get something today

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317545/upcoming-warlock-class-changes-in-shadowlands-ritual-of-doom-returns-curse-of-re?webhook

We got something KIND OF.

I’m just happy I can get my Doomguard again. At least back a little.

And we can just soulstone rez whoever gets sacrificed so it’s not THAT big a deal

1 Like

It is because

• Makes this unviable in Mythic Keys as deaths punish you
  • if the damage isn’t negligible/useless, the risk of it breaking enslavement mid-encounter means it puts risk to the whole raid or to your team in PVP
  • You can’t solo summon
1 Like

I didnt sacrifice everything so you could bring in more demons into this world.

2 Likes

Considering warlocks are the second biggest “pet class”, it does suck that we don’t have more options. I would LOVE to be able to tame demons, but I would happily just take more glyph options. Please, daddy Blizzard, give us some options.

And each patch notes from wowhead with some changes in enslave demon, me: IT’S TIME…, but no it isn’t… it’s only another text change… -_-

Bruh Hunters have a full roster of challenge tames and special pet skins from expansion to expansion what are you talking about

Girl i want you to have more horns solidarity here pls.

1 Like

I believe the name thing being because you summon a living sentient being and enslave it already, you are at least letting it keep the name it was given already.
The beasts hunters tame do not necessarily have names and sentience, this is a sort of argument deeper than I wish to go into, but really we do not see beasts in the wild actually talking…
Demons do.
So, you may enslave the VoidWalker, and kill him repeatedly while you cast boom balls at people, you can’t take his name and call him “Purpleboi” or call your succubus “MyGF”. It makes sense.

Hunters can tame undead before friggin unholy death knights in the death expansion you can sit down.

Didn’t realize you were family. To be honest i find killing my demon funnier than getting more but i still support the demon stables for my fellow warlocks.

I hope Blizz gives us the ability to rename our demons someday. I will rename my voidwalker and succubus Purpleboi and MyGF respectively to honor you.

It’s sad that it feels pretty pathetic to use as a tank since it dies in no time at all. If they’re going to continue to use the same demon for the same stuff, they need to at least look at the scaling.

Here’s hoping we get something next week

1 Like

:kissing_heart: Fine I want all current demons to be able to dress up as other demons and have more different looks too so locks can have more variety! Im really trying here! :weary: :wink:

2 Likes