Warlock PvP Revamp

Also, Blizz gave the original warlock ability "Backlash" to boomkins.
Bumping for a Tuesday
10/08/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Wrathh
I'm giving up....

Blizzard disappoints us as usual.
1 Like
lets just give up everyone just stop trying let the lock fall to 0% participation in PVP - maybe then they will listen.

Wow I forgot all about that
Honestly ive given up on 3s. Literally just playing rbgs till we get our demon skin buffs. And yes it does seem that using endless affliction, esp in rbgs seems to be the play. With ID stacking and that being dependent on corruption ticks, i feel like covering dots gets alot of value since im not having to reapply corruption following dispells as often, plus the dmg increase is nice aswell.

Bit of a hijack and off topic but anyone wana tell me how 2ndary stat scaling works in pvp for locks? Been confused about it after hearing conflicting opinions.

Ex1: A 380 ring with 354 mastery/169 crit OR a 340 ring with 215 haste/ 137 mastery. Would the 340 ring be better since it has better stats for pvp?

Ex2: 340 cloak with a socket vs a 380 cloak same stats no socket. The difference being -55int, -10 haste and -12 vers. Would the +40 haste in the socket be worth using it over the higher ilvl?
10/09/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Chin
Honestly ive given up on 3s. Literally just playing rbgs till we get our demon skin buffs. And yes it does seem that using endless affliction, esp in rbgs seems to be the play. With ID stacking and that being dependent on corruption ticks, i feel like covering dots gets alot of value since im not having to reapply corruption following dispells as often, plus the dmg increase is nice aswell.

Bit of a hijack and off topic but anyone wana tell me how 2ndary stat scaling works in pvp for locks? Been confused about it after hearing conflicting opinions.

Ex1: A 380 ring with 354 mastery/169 crit OR a 340 ring with 215 haste/ 137 mastery. Would the 340 ring be better since it has better stats for pvp?

Ex2: 340 cloak with a socket vs a 380 cloak same stats no socket. The difference being -55int, -10 haste and -12 vers. Would the +40 haste in the socket be worth using it over the higher ilvl?

The best thing you can do is sim it for your character. Each individual character has different stat weights. The first ring may be great for you, but may be awful for me depending on our base stats.
10/09/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Chin

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

Fairly easy to use although especially in pvp haste is always worth more than other stats.
10/09/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Sefirosuwar
lets just give up everyone just stop trying let the lock fall to 0% participation in PVP - maybe then they will listen.

I no !@#$ started leveling a balance druid and the difference between a balance druid and a warlock right now is that as a druid you have mobility, passive damage mitigation, the opportunity for instant cc, as well as non-dispellable cc, a great dps cool down in Incarnation, decent aoe, excellent healing utility depending on your affinity, a decurse, and backlash (Owlkin Frenzy) that punishes melee teams for going you.

I am dumbfounded at this point what is preventing a representative from Blizzard to talk about this. So far I have seen 1 warlock play 1 match in all three BFA Arena Cups combined, and the lock died faster than anyone out of the 3 tournaments. Enhancement shamans recently received a damage increase despite already having the ability to do 12k dps in the arena. I just don't get it. I keep asking for a community manager to respond to this thread for anything.....and silence. It's frustrating.

I also failed to mention that balance druids have mana regen mechanics, to which warlocks still don't. As of today BFA has been out for 56 days and still no look at the cost of fear and how Warlocks are suppose to get mana back. Polymorph is 4% mana, fear is 10% mana. This is starting to get really silly...
Did arena yesterday and dropped 5 games. All 5 losses included me running out of mana...
bumped
Whenever I want to play the lock my 3's healer says NO!

So now I am playing a boomkin :)

Yet another ability I can add to the giant list of "warlocks used to have this."

ETA though - there is a destro trait that gives us backlash. Sorta. doesn't seem to proc often.
According to the Ion interview they are aware of warlocks survivability issues,rot teams not being viable atm due to the fast pace of the game (caused by melees) and warlocks lack of spread pressure.

Additionally they are looking to do changes season by season meaning that after this mongo all in melee season there will probably be a slower paced season where rot teams will shine.

Edit: Maldiva/Generic/Pinkranger playing double lock/resto druid. Fairly interesting to watch.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319899120
WTB blue post
10/09/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Sefirosuwar
let the lock fall to 0% participation in PVP - maybe then they will listen.

WIth even fewer warlock PvPers, they become a low priority to get fixed.
Giving that Sunday bump!
Skirms are a joy as lock.

rogue/rogue or rogue/random melee every game.
FIX PVP ALREADY!