Warlock Hellcaller Wither Bug

Since last patch wither is only generating stacks from shard spending every 0.5 seconds which is a possible unintentional massive nerf to the hero spec. Would like this looked into before the start of the season!

13 Likes

This better not be intentional. :unamused:

1 Like

Ohh yeah, definitely doing way less dps now in heroic dungeons.

About 200-300k less as someone else pointed out on the warlock class forum.

Hopefully its a bug, but, to the top for visibility!

1 Like

Can confirm this, about 200-300k less damage now.

3 Likes

5 second internal cool-down to applying a stack of wither has to be a bug, please fix before the season starts!

It has a huge ripple effect throughout the whole hellcaller talent tree reducing damage, zero fluidity and impossible to track/raise stacks in PvP too, wasting a shadow burn that won’t even raise a stack of blackened soul.

Outside of malevolence it’s impossible to raise the stacks, it also nerfs the flashpoint proc which is moderate as it was before this change

3 Likes

Bump for visibility… Tested in a few heroic dungeons, Lock is damn near unplayable now. Lost 2-300k dps and rotation feels terrible with no stacks. This HAS to be a bug bc if it’s intentional no one will play lock this season. All my other toons with more than 20ilvls less do way more damage now… Sad.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s Diabolist too with a ridiculous ICD added…

All 3 specs gutted.

4 Likes

Bumping this - please indicate if this is an enormous undocumented change or some spaghetti code?

3 Likes

Hoping we get some confirmation either way. I need to know if this is a bug or not because if its an intended change I’ve wasted a lot of time and am wasting my time currently preparing for the season because I sure as hell wont be playing with it like this.

2 Likes

Bump. Please fix (and fix our Skull of the Man’ari while your’e at it)

1 Like

what a way to kill the S1 release hype for me on warlock if this is intended, unreal.

2 Likes

This HAS to be a bug. No way a nerf that bad is intentional. Kills the whole spec.

1 Like

I have also noticed this! Hellcaller went from fun to ugh.

1 Like

I really hope this was unintentional. But either way, it would be nice to hear it from Blizzard.

1 Like

It would be nice to go one expac without Ion and his devs pissing on us.

Ion, i know you’re still salty about Xelnath but come on.

Half expecting you to make a video where you say “We don’t want you playing warlock.”

You already did that about Demo back in WoD.

3 Likes

we needs ta knoooooow what this is all aboot! send help!

1 Like

DW bud it will be crickets.

The next patch will take away our floating shards again cuz it hurts mage sunfury class fantasy.

1 Like

Which ability of diabolist? Ruination?

Only thing I’m seeing in the spelldata is a change of its proc flag, likely as a result of this:

• Diabolist
    • Fixed an issue where you could not queue Hand of Gul’dan while casting Ruination.

If its causing other problems, that one might not be working properly.

Name             : Ruination (id=433885) [Spell Family (5)] 
Proc Flags       : ........ ........ ........ ........   ..x..... ........ ........ ........   
                 : Cast Successful

changed to

Name             : Ruination (id=433885) [Spell Family (5)] 
Hotfixed         : Proc Flags 1 (0 -> 65536), Proc Flags 2 (4 -> 0)
Proc Flags       : ........ ........ x....... ........   ........ ........ ........ ........   
                 : Magic Hostile Spell

If it’s really a 2-300k dps loss that’s like a 40% nerf?

1 Like

coming back around, to the top, see us

1 Like