Warlock Decimation Rune Acquisition Is Horrible

We yet again need to fight over Fel Rifts for our rune, and not just one but multiple rifts to get this rune.

If you don’t know once someone use a Portal its removed, so it’s like playing wack-a-mole. Furthermore the portals offer lucrative goodies so people who already have the rune will be rushing to grab the portals. On top of that the 1st item from the Fel Rift isn’t 100%.

The acquisition is just horrible and the rune is BiS for Fire Locks.

10 Likes

It’s almost like they learned nothing from last phases backdraft rune, the SAME THING happened with it, except this is 3 levels of rng bs, how this made it past QA is ridiculous.

3 Likes

They just don’t care, they just want your subscription $$. End of the day, they win we lose for paying for such a s**t product

5 Likes

At least with Backdraft you could do it in a group of other players (including Paladins, Priests and Mages).

This time around you can’t.

They need to make it so only you can see the portals, and are always up, and the imp has a set 20 min CD and cant be reduced.

Oh and make the items 100% drop.

every kill reduces the return time of your imp by 30s with a cap of 10 minutes i believe, and really i think they just need to make them respawn in seconds instead of minutes.

Backdraft Rune was a lot easier, I just had to hit the same portals over and over again in the same zone and got it. This requires leap frogging between two different level of zones that are entirely contested, and MAYBE you get a tuner. I’ve blown through the one tuner I had and got nothing. I’m pretty sure they’re bugged too, they seem to give the level of loot of whatever zone your in when your imp comes back, not where you sent it in.

Also no they didn’t learn from last time and we get screwed again.

You could also make a raid group of 39 other people to share the spawns with the other 3 classes.

After finally finding a rift and acquiring a Legion Portal Tuner, I watched my Imp fail to bring back a Portal Tuner Tuner for 5 charges. Meaning, yes, I had to go all the way back to step one and find a rift again. Two hours of torture. Pure torture.

1 Like

Sunk about 12 hours into this, I give up. I planned on playing affliction this phase anyway so not a huge deal I guess.

3 Likes

I almost had it, got mine on my 4th charge of the Tuner. Took 11 rifts to find my Tuner. Thankfully got my rune the 1st time.

Now I can finally level :stuck_out_tongue:

After figuring out how to get the rune, it should actually be simple and easy to get this rune. For one simple reason, the tuners are tradable!

1. Gather 10+ warlocks in burning steppe, put 2 or 3 at each spawn spot. As soon as the rift spawn, just go ahead and send imps through, no need to wait for whole raid if its hard to get everyone there in time. Only need 1 warlock with the Legion Tuner.

2. Everyone fly to Blasted Lands, tune a fel scar. Send every imp through. With 10+ warlocks, one of you should get a portal tuner.

3. Trade the portal tuner and combine both. Now everyone send in their imps through the fel scar again. Whole raid should have the rune this time!

1 Like

It’s astounding, really. Literally learned nothing.

this made me wanna completely stop lvling my lock

1 Like

I haven’t seen any of the portals actually up on my lock. I have seen a few people trying to sell the tuner… the one “seller” that I happened to ride by, had a pet with a name in a foreign language instead of being a typical demon name.

So I just figured that’s why I wasn’t seeing any portals.

The feedback on portals was extremely negative. The only reason they probably kept it was because the designer was too proud to admit it was trash and then doubled down

I enjoyed portals last phase. It was super chill. After 400 portals 2 daggers, 1 sits on a bag in my bank 3 zilla and 10 spell damage trinket. Made around 700g. I haven’t touch the lock this phase. There’s addons to find locations for portals and you need to group. I got to play with cool people and can’t say anything about the new ones but I’m sure if everyone groups up it’s fine but there’s always people who refuse and it screws everyone else.

i was literally just about to come make a thread complaining about decimation lmao. yeah this is atrocious, the layers of rng needed is absurd. hope the acquisition gets changed soon.

Ran in circles for hours using a target macro and knowing where they spawn and still never found a single one. NO one trades the tuners they sell them for 1k gold… This was design is horrible and wastes so many hours of people’s time for NOTHING.

Hours upon hours for a chance at the rune, just to run out of charges and need to try again.

Blizzard trolling warlocks. Great game you guys made

About to start offering 4 figure gold sums for help with this dang rune.