Warlock Customization: More Grimoires! And other stuff

I would kill to have my Observer back. Haven’t even touched the Warlock I used him on yet…

I cannot believe they removed them for such a stupid reason.

I would also kill for those Voidwalkers options you mentioned.

4 Likes

After doing the questline I lost the Fel succubus :confused: i have to go and farm it again?

2 Likes

Yeah, sadly you have to recollect all of the previous demon appearances again in addition to collecting all of the new ones it sucks.

3 Likes

Yes it sucks, thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

So far with the New Warlock Skin Tunes there is some Variety but I wish there was more like the Argus Demons, and etc being added as pets.

2 Likes

Something I’d like to see is some skins for voidwalker. Should add the fel elemental skin as customization. Also something else that would be cool to see is the light elemental skin version of the voidwalker, at least for the lightforged draenei warlocks out there.

For reference

8 Likes

I’d really love the Fel fire elemental for my destro lock.

Also love to have my observer back.

3 Likes

I’d do unspeakable acts for this model and the colors.

1 Like

Honestly I still wish that our enslave demon spell was able to be used more like a hunters tame animal and that was how we get the other demon types.

Throw in abominations too…

3 Likes

Warlock lore went past that, enslaved demons are weaker and mutual cooperation is beneficial, so contracts, earning respect is better.

Demons arent pokemon.

There are certain demons that are akin to beasts tho and respond to shows of strength, etc.

You should read through the original post of this thread; if you scroll to the bottom of the post there’s a “read more” thing I put to preserve the original grimoire concept I suggested

TLDR: use IRL demonology to do Enslave a demon > fight the demon > contract the demon

1 Like

I know the lore but the lore has evolved from how the classic warlocks worked.

As long as it follows contracts and the tone of the newer lore I am perfectly game.

Also new demo spec lore is extremely cool and makes you look at demonology very differently.

1 Like

No, that isn’t the old lore.

I’m saying we could’ve had a system where we bring any enslaved demon to say Dreadscar Rift, fight an extremely buffed version of that so it’s a genuine challenge comparable but less difficult than Kanrethad / Legion Mage Tower, and then through the fight learn that demon’s true name and have the demon/aberration willingly or unwillingly contract with us.

The old lore was wildly inconsistent between each race-specific warlock pet questline.

2 Likes

I. Would. LOVE. To see ‘Tyranny of the Light’ enslaved Lightforged demon models.

2 Likes

Realistically neither are Hunter pets but they still have a wide variety of pets, not sure why that couldn’t be done for Warlocks as well because there’s more than enough demons and demon like models throughout the world we could literally catch, enslave, etc.

2 Likes

Because they are immortal individual beings with many of them being 10’s of thousands of years old, even older.

They have their own society and culture.

The felguard serves us because its all he knows and is a sign of a powerful demonology warlock, Wrathguards respond to gesture’s of strength, purposely altering the summoning incantations so there are less safety rules in place, potentially putting you in danger.

I am all for more models, but I don’t want it to be pokemon, an unlock quest of some sort like op suggested.

Warlocks do not like slaves, it weakens the demon and is not recommended, its why they prefer contracts now.

One of the suggested options, somewhere in the thread, is to replace your demon from that slot with the new one, meaning that you still only have the same 7 or so combat roles, but which demons used, would be up to each Warlock player.

Btw how comes the demonic summoner of the class is the only one to get no new model changes for the felguard and wrathguard no dual wield or frankly any of demonology pets.

Plus still damn annoyed that the felguard/wrathguard were shrunk due to the new mog system. But guessing we just gotta swallow w.e were given.

3 Likes

Supporting this idea. Those Voidwalkers can be found on Voidridge in Hellfire Peninsula. Used to farm them a lot during TBC.

2 Likes

One idea I think would be cool if some demon raid and dungeon bosses would drop a Grimoire to allow us to have them replace one of our warlock pets.
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

3 Likes