Warglaives and Transmog

Really weird now they suddenly care about diminishing achievements. Even though let’s be real. Timewalking Black Temple is an absolute joke, if you actually see it as an achievement you are horribly inept.

1 Like

Veranarana second reason is BS…1 simple timewalking of time temple is a joke ……try getting them from 50 black temple clear every week instead(I got mine during cata expact after so many runs)……fun part ? have to re-run bt all over again for xmog…….ppl that played during Burning Crusade expact spent at least 500 hours for them raiding hardcore and to suffocate with mass wipes which is even a bigger piss off for them

this transmog limitation on warglaive for DH only is OUT OF QUESTION…rogue and warriors earned it just as much by doing so much more work to get them…so no this is not acceptable…the other 3 that were use by classes that could not acquire it//use it for combat on the other hand does make sense…but for the warglaives…no just no…warglaives was always usable by rogues and warrior…its our trophy from farming Illidan big time…other than that I COMPLETED that black temple timewalking on my rogue for whiny DH that would cry they did more(excuse me ?)…except I did that for hopefully a chiev for my rogue but nope and also wanted to do it for fun(amusingly I was the dps carrier with my timewalking set while like 95% of the raid members were prencing around in full garbage bfa gear not even good for timewalking(that dont apply to Azerite pieces but every other pieces of their gear)….none of those DH deserve the warglaives for getting carry by ppl wearing a tw set(well minus the DH that put effort getting a timewalking set)

1 Like

The fact you can equip the items but cannot mog them runs counter to the whole point the transmog system exists.

The fact we’re allowing all legendaries now, but applying a special exception to a class that has no more of a right to equip them than the older ones is ludicrous.

What’s next? Dragonwrath only for mistweavers? Shadowmourne only for hunters? The logic is inconsistent and frankly, stupid.

3 Likes

Why does blizzard do the things they do

What about shadowmourne? Is it the classes that an do quest only or all axe classes?

No developers or artists were let go.

1 Like

Shadowmourne itself has a Class-limiting tag on it, so the only classes who could ever mog it on PTR were Paladin, DK, and Warrior.

A handful of legendaries (Dragonwrath, Val’anyr, and the Rogue daggers) only had class restrictions on the quests, not the weapons themselves, so they were free for anyone to use on PTR, but as the wowhead article I added in my edit said, that was considered an oversight, and they’ve been updated to only be usable by the classes who can obtain them for the live patch.

I’m not surprised, but rather disappointed by this. There was a part of me that was hoping Blizz would let us go ham with legendaries.

If it weren’t for that achievement, the Warglaives of Azzinoth would be transmoggable by everyone including Demon Hunters. What a joke.

3 Likes

I agree this should not be restricted. They should change the the award for the achievement, maybe unlock new color transmog of the warglaives (exclusive to demon hunters only) can be good compromise.

Either new color (for dh)
Either special effect, added to warglaives for demon hunters…

3 Likes

Actually Demon Hunters were planned in a way for vanilla but never made it past the development stage. https://imgur.com/r/wow/kEdZj

1 Like

Assuming you were trying to post the picture inside the classic box:

The age where Demon Hunters existed, dragons inhabited Stranglethorn, and Hunters took credit for Mage fireballs.

1 Like

I searched for this post instantly found it. I have played a rogue for a total of 2 months now. I have been playing since BC. Here’s my biggest problems with Blizzard most contradicting decisions.

1. Their reason for never being able to transmog legendary has always been “the item was special/relevant at the time that content was current.” That completely went out the window by letting DH’s transmog them regardless of their silly questline that you can’t call work.

2. If they wanted to go with that reasoning alone, DH’s didn’t even exist as a playable class when that legendary was current so it’s flawed their too.

3. By nature, the mention of shadowmoure/frostmourne was a DK WEAPON ideally yet every 2H character could get it and therefore will be able to transmog it.

I don’t agree with letting ANYONE who can equip the warglaives (ie monks and DKs) but if they want to continue their theme of keeping it important, rogues, warriors, and i guess DH’s (who again didn’t exist) wear them.

I’m so beyond mad and think Blizz’s decision on this is literally pathetic. I have thought this for YEARS playing a shaman and surviving all of their class changes. After this, I am a FIRM believer that they don’t even play their own game they create.

2 Likes

I don’t get it :thinking:

Every ability is a Hunter ability :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Sign the petition to Blizzard for them to consider reversing this illogical restriction!

http:// chng.it/ZdSktbSbQk

Lame decision. Unlock the mogs ffs.

1 Like

You know its not possible, blizzard has made up their mind.

So are they moggable or not? I need to know if I should farm these or not?

I’d accept them “taking a stand” if they bothered replying on the forums or making some note on it.

2 Likes

I laffed. That’s a +1 from me.

1 Like

Blizz made the right decision. And they know why they made it.

Everyone’s counter argument… I’ve read it, and soaked it in. Just not compelling.

Your only argument is a tooltip that existed before transmog and before Demon Hunters.

I see that counter argument as petty, and against common sense.