Warglaives and Transmog

Small correction here but technically speaking only the plate classes are probably going to be able to transmog shadowmorne since the item itself is classified as a Paladin/Warrior/DK weapon.

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt SV hunters will be able to use Shadowmorne despite being able to wield 2 handed Axes. Which is slightly different from Hunters using any other strength weapon not available to them via personal loot.

My demon hunter has that mog. But she didn’t do that work. My rogues did in years past, the 3 who farmed up sets of warglaives. My demon hunter didn’t do Black Temple Timewalking. My Druid tanked it.

I am the one who did the work.

It’s more akin the new kid on the block kicking down your door and stealing your TV, and when the cops come they see him running away with the TV and tell you there is nothing they can do.

1 Like

Lets refrain from discussing these matters. It seldom bodes well for anyone. If it helps, I got in trouble for making a joke.

1 Like

Yeah, folks are report happy these days. It’s not good enough for them ignore something that they don’t agree with, they have to expunge it from the forums lest your wrongthink spread. It’s pathetic really.

Agree with the original poster (its an awful decision) but… doubt we’ll get a reasoned response.

If anything all communication with blizzard feels like it’s shut down over the past year and the company has bunkered post the mass firings. Ion’s even stopped doing his ‘hey kids - here’s some stuff’ every 3 months or so.

1 Like

More of a concer that the powers that be are more than happy to…agree.

Anyways, im going to buy a durian fruit.
Worst idea ever

1 Like

But Demo LOcks sacrificed their job, and a not quite new talent to give dh’s something. now they are the bad drunk uncle at family function. the red headed step-children of the Lock career. So… be benevolent and graciously share the Glaives look. People would like DH’s better.

Gotta admit. Seeing an mvp not going full shill is refreshing. Keep it up buck.

3 Likes

DHs get plenty of transmog options for weapons. And as for diminishing the work the DHs had to do, what about diminishing the work everyone else had to do?
Because:

TW BT is a hell of a lot easier than the original BT was. Attempting to 40-man pug BT back in the idea would have been a laughably horrible idea.

I’m not going to quote the entire original post, but it is 100% spot on. This decision is just the latest in a long line of horrible decisions.

You mean the same way anti-pathfinder and give-us-high-elves discussions died off after 1 week?

Uhhh…no? Shadowfury, while good for tanks, had stats were best for rogues of the day, and gained fame primarily as a rogue weapon. Shadowmourne, while usable by warriors and paladins, is by design a DK-themed weapon, from its graphic to the swirling soul fragments as the player continued to whack stuff.

Also…this. The guild I was with during BC had Illidan on farm long before 3.0 came out. My rogue, which was my main from vanilla to the start of BfA, never got a drop during that time, and indeed took several more years to obtain the pair. Lots of people spent a hell of a lot of time getting the glaives.

Edit: grammar fix

2 Likes

I’ve seen only one other MVP go rogue… and that topic was worth it.

Kind of odd how Buck picked this topic to “challenge his authorita” on.
Its such a simplistic topic , from which he sides with the people whose stances are “wahh, the tool tip says swords even though they’re the most glaivest of glaives in existence”. And how does this topic warrant a monologue? There was another extensive thread on this already. It didn’t need a call out.

I would think there are a multitude of topics he could have lended his special, green, insights on.

Account wide essences? Corrupted gear? Brutosaur?

Nah. He went straight for the “but, but… they’re really the warswords of Azzinoth”

No, he implies that resource are limited (Interviewer asked what took them this long, he answered resource, proceed to give example of WOD with HD model as their focus of resource), and its mostly spent on expansion major feature, and Shadowland was the expansion that has character customization as major feature.

He never implies that they just now figured out how to spend resource, no normal people would comprehend it like yours, how can you even assume AAA company don’t know how to spend resource :rofl:

You really don’t know what you’re talking about and just reply for the sake of replying.

Stop putting words in my mouth, i said they use the same resource, and resource are finite.

You keep spouting you win & i lost but that’s how clueless people talk, you have 0 proof that they have free resource (time) laying around and the only thing holding them back is that they’re lazy or haven’t figured it out.

Maybe if we finish them off and finish absorbing what skills they have. Chaos bolt and inferno look dope.

What? You realize that “where we spend our resources” is encompassed in “how to spend our resources”, the latter which is referring to the effective way to do so?

Again, we get back to the part where the English language is a foreign concept to you. You just keep sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming “nuh uh”.

I asked you for a source where Blizzard says that they couldn’t make weapon models (which they’re doing in Shadowlands), due to time constraints. You’re just flailing about thinking that because you can read a quote a certain way, that’s the only way it can be taken, which is pure ignorance.

I’m not. I asked you where they said they couldn’t make a weapon model due to time constraints and you replied telling me that when they were asked why a zone couldn’t be remade, it was due to time constraints.

And even then, in your ignorance, you failed to realize that “waste of resources” doesn’t necessarily mean that they are pressed for time.

You keep making claims with nothing to show for it other than “I’m right, you just gotta take my word for it” and quotes that don’t line up with what you’re saying.

Because you proved my claim right. I really don’t care if you don’t like that you were wrong. The fact is, you are. End of story.

I told you that this angle would be pointless to argue because neither of us have proof, so it’s simply opinion. You told me I was wrong. The only reason this has gone on this long is because you don’t understand what “proof” actually means.

“b-b-b-but if you read the quote this way and ignore any other way it could be taken, it’s like I’m right”

Sorry, bud, that doesn’t hold up too well.

You going to be losing that green text really soon and sent to a re education camp if you don’t apologize to supreme leader Allen.

getting the glaives and waiting 10+ years to xmog them is > anything demon hunters did to deserve them.

1 Like

To be honest, I think there’s a perfectly fair compromise to be made here.

Free the Warglaives, let them be mogged by any class who can equip them.

Add new Demon Hunter-exclusive Warglaives to the BT Timewalking reward. Specficially, the ones Illidan had before he obtained the WGoA:

Going 10 years into the past to grab weapons that were a further ~6 years in the past? Now that’s the kind of Timewalking tomfoolery Chromie can get behind.

Frankly the entire matter is arbitrary just like the rest of Blizzard’s decisions. They won’t change their mind because there are people who defend their decision for nonsensical reasons.

1 Like

I am actually of the belief that glaives in general should be usable by other classes. They’re the only weapon class in the entire game that can be used by a single class.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I think it’d be great if Warriors, Rogues, and Monks (Death Knights always seemed like a weird choice, imo, but I wouldn’t complain if they were included too) could use warglaives, but I don’t see it happening.

Then again, I’m also an advocate for scythes becoming a separate weapon type, instead of arbitrarily splitting the models between staves and polearms, and just giving the skill to use them any any class who could use either. I don’t see that happening, either.