Warglaives and Transmog

LOL They always have been. Sad but true.

2 Likes

You need to be a rogue to get the legendary daggers and they are rogue only. Saying this is comparing apples and oranges.

Can you really see a paladin running around with a weapon that consumes souls like Shadowmourne? Because that is gonna happen.

Their original stance was “No legendary weapons for Tmog!” But once you let a seagull eat 1 chip, they want the whole bag.

1 Like

Not sure about this analogy… some of the seagulls around here will just take the whole bag. Somehow I don’t think the players have that power. :wink:

1 Like

I was gonna use a bin chicken and a landfill, but that would be redundant. The bin chicken would just go to the landfill regardless of what is in your bin.

I will never forget the day when a legion of ducks ate my subway sub. The ducks at UoW are evil. EVIL!!!

(UoW = University of Wollongong for all you Americans. Yes there do exist cities in australia beyond Sydney)

2 Likes

There is a KEY difference here. The Fangs of the Father have ALWAYS been Rogue only. The Warglaives have, and still are not.

Actually, they were blades that Illidan took from a defeated Doomguard by the name of Azzinoth (IE: Where they get their name) and he choose to use for himself.

Are Blood Elf Spellbreakers Demon Hunters? They use Glaives.

And I respect the heckin heck out of you as well Rhielle, I always enjoy seeing your posts on these forums and admire your friendly attitude greatly, however I also have to disagree with you on this one.

I would argue they are more iconic to “Illidan” than to “Demon Hunters” as a whole.

Its a matter of an item from 2007/8 that has generally been used by Rogues and Warriors as well as other races that have been tacked on over the years. Personally, I can not agree with a decision like this that invalidates 11 years of time and takes something away from people who have loved and used these Warglaives over the years either to just show pride or use in Timewalking. From people who possibly got it when it was current, well before we would ever get Demon Hunters.

I just can’t accept that as a fair choice. I am not saying Demon Hunter’s should be short changed here, I personally suggested an HD update for those who do the quest line but I personally see it as only fair that these people who were using these items before DH’s ever came in be as rewarded as all other legendary users.

And as I explained above in my original post, it feels inconsistent.

I also have to argue against this thought–

How is it correcting an old mistake? These are absolutely one of the most LEGENDARY and iconic weapons in the game. Are you suggesting its a mistake they ever dropped for players at all?

I don’t see it as correcting a mistake personally, I see it as re-writing history and denying people who have enjoyed this item well before Demon Hunter’s ever became playable in WoW.

Mmmmm, Yeah I can kinda side with this to a degree. They witheld Frostmourne for a reason and I wouldn’t argue that perhaps, in the long wrong, it wasn’t the best of idea maybe. I don’t know, this is tough for me to weigh in on because I can see the thought process behind it and both agree and disagree… I don’t know…

But that decision was made back in 2007/8 so we have kinda bypassed it a bit.

Yeah, this is absolutely a compounding problem and not just a simple issue because it puts Blizzard in an awkward spot.

If they do decide to make them moggable for everyone then how do they reward people who did the original chain to get them as transmog? If they don’t do it then the players these items were originally designed for get left out of a really cool item because of a class added over a decade later.

Its a rough decision and one that should certainly be discussed thoroughly I think.

See, this is an argument I made. Yeah, mechanic wise it was a weapon for Warriors, Death Knights, and Paladins but lore wise its really a Death Knight weapon because it functions much the same way Frostmourne did story wise in how you make it and yet Shadowmourne is not being limited.

There are a lot of inconsistencies with this choice that bother me and inconsistency is becoming a worrisome trend with Blizzard in my view.

Haha, I like that spin on “Give them an inch and they will take a mile”, did you make that one up yourself?

1 Like

And yet warglaives are iconic to Demon Hunters. The origin of the weapon is meaningless in regards to the fact that warglaives became iconic to DHs. All of his initiates and all other DHs used warglaives. Loramus has since Vanilla.

Yup. No one but DHs should’ve had them to begin with. It was always a huge pet peeve to me in BC. I hated it.

Thus why I’m now happy they stuck with this decision.

1 Like

How do you even read it as that, figure out how to spend resource LMAO.

You’re clueless.

Both requires base model, both requires baking, both requires texturing, and both requires art development resource.

This is not so obvious to you and that’s understandable, you can’t even figure what a resource is in game development.

What you quoted:

“One of the things that’s just a reality of making videogames is we have to figure out exactly where we spend our resources,”

Exactly what I said. I’ll take this as a confession of you not knowing how to read. Another L for you to hold.

Imagine still trying to pretend that remaking a zone is the same time investment as remaking a weapon. This is hilarious.

1 Like

The origin of the weapon is pretty relevant, a Demon Hunter stealing something that wasn’t originally theirs and claiming it for themselves.

It was a legendary weapon that classes of the Burning Crusade era could obtain and wield can’t change that.

Limiting it now due to an exclusion to a rule now made obsolete is wrong.

2 Likes

unsheaths glaives even at the sacrifice of some dps, I’ve managed to bring many demons crashing to their knees.

1 Like

We do that all the time as players. It very much is irrelevant. Or do we want to start saying that because my rogue got this staff off of killing someone they should equip it too? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They can and did change that for transmog. And for good reason. Warglaives became iconic to DHs.

It’s not wrong. It fixes a huge mistake made when they let Warriors and Rogues use them to begin with.

Basically to sum things up. Demon Hunters can becuase it is a lore thing and many Demon Hunters had glaives in the lore long before World of Warcraft ever came out.

Then some people wonder why Death Knights cannot transmog to Frostmourne or even Shadowmourne. That one is very simple.

DKs already have the same sword appearance as was in the pre WoW lore already.

It’s an odd spot because Warglaives can only be used by one class, but Blizzard made the mistake of making it a 1 handed sword and allowing many classes to use it. Of course there are going to be those who feel slighted by the fact that legendary transmog is coming and they can’t use their TBC weapons when it finally arrived.

Obviously, Blizzard has two main solutions to this issue: Allow everyone to use the Warglaives or limit it to DHs for class fantasy.

If we had a time machine and could prevent Blizzard from allowing classes to use the warglaives before, all of this would’ve been avoided. That, however, is an impossibility.

There’s also the matter that Warglaives aren’t exclusive to Demon Hunters in the lore, only by class limitations which are rather arbitrary.

Class-wise, it makes sense for it to be DH exclusive, thanks to the limitations Blizzard has introduced with weapons.

However, such an idea burns those who used it, due to Blizzard’s lack of foresight in TBC. Those people farmed out a Legendary that’s just going to go to waste. It’s not like it was a weapon they couldn’t used… just the opposite, they could use it. Blizzard just suddenly decided that the appearance is DH only.

If Blizzard wants to keep Warglaives as a DH feature, then the least they could do is add a new legendary into the game that requires you to trade in your warglaives. This way non-DHs can put that time wasted in farming Warglaives into a an actual appearance.

The new Legendary isn’t the perfect solution, as there will still be some who want the glaive appearance, but it would lessen the burn for anyone who farmed a set out.

3 Likes

Everyone, not just Death Knights, will be able to transmog Shadowmourne.

2 Likes

Derailing and weak example. Rogues could not wield staves nor could they find them in their loot table but they, and many other classes, could find and wield the Warglaives of Azzinoth.

We do in fact kill and loot everything off bosses, so much so that an in-game event from Legion shows a player raid with a Gnome Rogue wielding one of the Warglaives.

Iconic weapons being ineligible for transmog is a stance that was taken as to why Players could not transmog legendaries in the first place.
This is being lifted and outdated with this coming update, the entirety of this arguement is being nullified.
Take Sulfuras as an example, the iconic weapon of the Elemental Fire Lord that’d be more suited to only be useable by a Shaman than any other of the eligible wielders, sound familiar?

Your logic is flawed, your arguement is weak and the only thing wrong here is this decision.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a total failure. I actually got a week ban for saying in a thread about Darkshore that ‘Tyrande is the most worthless character in the game.’

It’s such a joke. I think Baine is worse now, for the record.

1 Like

Eh. I get the rage. I do. But at this point I begin to wonder just how much of the rage is from players who hate the new kid on the block for the sake of being the new kid on the block, despite the fact that DH was meant to be a vanilla class just like DK. Just wait till the next class comes out and cycle repeats itself.

2 Likes

By doing…what exactly? You do realize you can get the achievement to mog warglaives on a demon hunter without ever making a demon hunter right? All it takes is your account having the glaives achieve and killing TW Illidan on any character. Hell it doesn’t even have to be with the glaives.

Oh and boy aren’t Demon Hunters good at doing that in WoW.

1 Like

I have noticed that with a couple of folks as well. Always the same ones, if my tinfoil hat was a little tighter given the fact that those folks are 100% pro-blizz, I might draw a pretty uncomfortable conclusion…