Warglaive of Azzinoth

can’t make this stuff up… it’s crazy

2 Likes

I’m gonna support this because blizzard keeps removing the TBC timewalking without announcement a couple days before it’s supposed to start.

Either make the glaives transmoggable for everyone (keep the feat of strength for people who earned it while it was DH exclusive).

Or STOP pushing back TBC Timewalking. And if it DOES get pushed back, push back the ENTIRE TIMEWALKING schedule so that the next available timewalking WILL be TBC.

7 Likes

insightful, thank you for your contribution to the dream

1 Like

Blizzard please give us rogues/warriors glaive transmog.

2 Likes

When is the next TBC timewalking so I can do the raid to get Tmog? Blizz should just remove the timewalked raid req.

blizzard please. this post has been top 10 for months. lookie lookie here

2 Likes

The reason has nothing to do with diminishing the raid achievement of DH’s in timewalking. The achievement means noting outside of being able to transmog the weapons.

Speaking as someone who got the set on my rogue and my warrior quite a few years ago, and had a single glaive during BC, I do not agree that all classes should be able to transmog them.

The only reason that any other class got them in the first place is because Demon Hunters weren’t a class back then. Otherwise they would have been a DH only legendary at that point in time as well.

Also, how is it ‘dumb’ that the one class that can transmog them is a DH? Illidan is a DH, the only class in lore that uses these weapons in lore is a DH (unless you count the reverse/behind the arm versions Vengeance spec uses (which are more fist weapon than warglaive, since characters like Zul’Jin used similar weapons).

The only class that can equip warglaive classified weapons is DH, so it makes sense that other classes aren’t able to. I highly doubt blizzard will ever allow it. It took that many years for them to even allow it in the first place, and the only reason they did was because DH is now a playable class.

1 Like

THEY ARE SWORDS. QED bro.

2 Likes

They were classified as swords because there was no warglaive weapon classification back then. Really that simple.

In the end, we both have an opinion on the matter. I will tell you that it is significantly unlikely that blizzard will ever open the transmog to other classes. Just how it is.

I stated above why I don’t think they should, and stated reasons as to why it was opened to DH in the first place.

‘They are swords, and I want to use them because I could in BC’ is simply not a good argument when weighed against the counter, lore backed reason as to why they should be exclusively DH weapons, and that is where my opinion rests, whether or not you agree.

1 Like

it is ‘dumb’ because they were legendary weapons that were originally class-locked and wielded by rogues and warriors. I’m cool with demon hunters doing their BT timewalk achieve or whatever to xmog them but by your logic, they would’ve changed the tool tip to show they’re glaives instead of swords. Because they haven’t, AT THE VERY LEAST, rogues and warriors should be able to xmog the glaives as swords…

I think that it is very wrong to add a previously non-existent player class, design a specific weapon only that class can use, take appearances existing in the game prior to their release to lock them to the new class, and subsequently take away an appearance from the other classes when they previously have earned them.

The argument that it is only class that can equip the new weapon classification (supported by class fantasy) is actually a very bad argument, especially when it is overwriting almost a decade of different handling. If this is the precedent, then all appearances earned by players (and in particular legendary appearances) are now fair game to be retconned anytime Blizzard wants to release a new class. Imagine if all classes lost fist weapons when monks were released? Or something equally ridiculous. The easiest thing would be to allow other classes to use warglaives now. OR to simply allow the tmog to swords.

4 Likes

What you are suggesting wouldn’t happen.

Swords, axes, fist weapons, etc, etc. never had the same level of definition in lore that warglaives have for a demon hunter.

Warglaives are literally synonymous with demon hunters, and to say you see warglaives and don’t immediately think ‘Demon Hunter’, would be a lie. No other character or class in lore uses them because they are an absurdly awkward, impractical weapon, designed specifically for DH class identity.

1 Like

I disagree. I don’t care to mog anything other than the BT glaives. They were, if not still are the most iconic rogue weapons ever made (besides the rogue daggers).

As a reminder, your class wasn’t a playable class until 9 years after the release of BT. To even think that people see the Warglaives of Azzinoth and think DH is an arrogant thought. Don’t be foolish.

I suggest they remain classified swords, transmog’d by rogues and warriors.

1 Like

As a DH main, we came way after Illidan was a loot piñata for wars, rogues, etc. I say they should have it opened to them too. We don’t need to be special, because you still see rogues, warrs, etc. equipping them. Doesn’t take away flavor from us at all.

2 Likes

Firstly, you seem to like insulting people that don’t agree with you. I mained a rogue for over a decade, to include during BC.

Yes, that is why it is a rogue Character NPC that wields them, and not to mention all of the official Blizzard art showing rogues holding them.

Oh…wait…

So thinking a very central demon hunter lore weapon is being carried by a DH is…foolish? Sounds reasonable.

—-

If the devs change this in the future, cool, but it is clear that currently they don’t agree with the perspective you hold, and I hope that continues to be the case.

Warglaives are DH class identity, not rogue, not warrior, despite your deep connection to a long dated expansion that lasted only a blink in the games history where most players, to include yourself and everyone else in this thread, never got them and act like it was some huge achievement to solo farm them years later.

Good luck in your endeavor of getting that changed, though.

no one is insulting you. stop playing the victim. relax.

I am specifically speaking about the warglaives of azzinoth. no one cares to xmog regular glaives but demon hunters. That is not what this thread is about, pay attention.

again, we don’t care about xmogging Warglaives in general. Pay attention

(widely regarded as the best expansion ever)

Instead of attempting to be combative on forum posts for the sake of creating an argument, perhaps consider what Vilianona said.

In other words, no harm no foul. No need to belly ache, Darkhalgar

1 Like

in that same argument, Demon Hunters shouldn’t be able to use Tfury because the only classes that can use Thunderfury lore-wise was a Warrior and the Rogues. its cannon a dwarf had it and Rogues got it as an Outlaw Artifact skin, so why should DH be able to transmog it? they should give at least Warriors and Rogues the eligibility to transmog the warglaives, as many people have stated before me, they were the ones who could actually equip them back in the day.

4 Likes

it only makes sense

don’t mind me just keeping this alive

3 Likes

I love you thank you

2 Likes