Warcrimes responsibility

So i’ve heard a lot of post about how every horde leaders head belongs on a pike for the war of the thorns, and i’ve just come to say that warcrimes do not work that way.

Basically, the way warcrimes work is that the person who did the crimes, the person who planned them, and the superior officers who did nothing to stop them can be tried, but not every single person in the government or military is responsible. They have to be connected to the crime that’s commited in order to be held responsible in some way.

The way this would work is guys who lent troops but didn’t partake in the campaign at all, like Thalryssa or Lorthemar or even my Arch Enemy Baine Bloodhoof, they can’ be held responsible for the stuff that happens then, because even if their people committed such crimes they had no way of knowing or stopping them.

Peeople who could be held responsible would be the soldiers who did the act (Such as Lorash or the Catapult Crew), the person who gave the order to commit the warcrimes (Sylvanas), and the Superior Officers who had the responsibility to make sure their Soldiers didn’t behave like sociopaths (Saurfang and Nathanos).

Soldiers who did not partake in such events, nor leaders who had no control over it, can not be held accountable for the atrocities committed.

27 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I also think we can question the judgment of leaders who tolerated and enabled Sylvanas for as long as they did.

17 Likes

It’s actually fairly difficult to remove a leader from office, especially one like the Warchief. This ultimately lead to the question, would backing out be better for my people in the long term? They decided no, my guess because they realised the alliance might not be likely to accept a peace treaty or because the horde did bring things that helped them.

Ultimately thats just us trying to make sense of something blizzard did not, because blizzard is bad at writing actual conflicts and showing the consequences of actions on a broader scale. Other then the Night Elves the alliance doesn’t seem to bothered by the burning either, and everyone should have freaked out when she blew up her own city.

I do agree some reaction would have been nice, but blizzard can’t think of consequences for their characters actions.

7 Likes

There are no war crimes in wow.
2 cents

1 Like

except for Garrosh’s which is more or less the entire hordes history being thrust onto one man…

You know I’m starting to think Azeroths legal system is pretty crap in general.

12 Likes

The only way to prosecute inter-factional ‘war crimes’ is through brute force or diplomatic negotiation.

4 Likes

Pretty sure that’s what people are refering too when they want war criminals to be punished, sadly the only one that did was Saurfang and he got the “honorable” death he wanted, all the others got away scot free.

8 Likes

I mean some do, while others want the entire horde to be responsible, and i feel like Saurfang not being held responsible for the War of the Thorns just shows blizzard insane black and white mentality.

4 Likes

I mean Saurfang is just as responsible as Sylvanas, he was the one who suggested the whole thing and thought it was a good idea. Breaking a treaty, killing thousands (even before Teldrassil), starting a war just because the alliance MIGHT attack in the future, and then he acts like it was all Sylvanas alone and blames it on her.

20 Likes

Yeah, he is. It’s just blizzard thinks that if you oppose a bad guy your a good guy who can do no wrong

12 Likes

Yea, wonder how they will treat Sylvanas when she opposes the Jailer…

3 Likes

No, they can’t be guilty for that.

They can be after they decided to support the horde and sylvanas after the warcrime so… yeah.
they basically were defending a mass murderer psychopath.

5 Likes

thats not how it works ethel.

1 Like

I mean that’s another good point. Most of the Horde was in full support of everything Sylvanas did as long as it’s for their own good. After they realized that Sylvanas did it for herself instead of the Horde, they stopped supporting her, but that still doesn’t mean that they regret those things Sylvanas ordered them to do.

Also you’d expect those in the council to try to make amends in the name of the Horde, to show that they’re better than Sylvanas, but so far there are no signs of such things.

2 Likes

You don’t kill people for being in support of something is my point. The Horde leaders do not deserve to be executed for not immediately opposing sylvanas in the war of the thorns.

Alright then.

Still, it seems a pretty inmoral thing to do to still support a leader like that.
it was out of fear?
they really believed that anduin was going to kill them or something?
They support the murder of innocents until sylvanas says that they suck? :thinking:

Even good people such as lor’themar and thalysra were tainted for this… nonsense.

8 Likes

We have no clue because blizzard only did this because they wanted to pretend it’s not a mist rehash.

Thats why no one is phased by it, nor undercity, or really anything til baines arrest, blizzard was pretending it wasn’t mist when it wound up just hurting the story.

15 Likes

Yep,i guess that it would be incovenient for them to make horde characters act in character.

The funny thing is that baine helping the alliance was actually in character, but why he was the only one? :thinking:
Because this story made no f*** sense.

17 Likes

Because Ethel, they knew people would be outraged at replaying mist.

So they pretended they weren’t, meanwhile Baine acts in character because his Character is already atrocious. Him not giving a Damn about teldrassil then betraying the horde for Jaina is in character for him.

14 Likes

I encourage my Alliance brethren to hear the Horde’s pleas that they’ve changed, and to demand the Hordes leadership dead or imprisoned anyway.

We may never break the cycle of hate, but if the Alliance refuses to accept a transient hollow peace, then maybe we can break the cycle of destruction that sees cities destroyed to warn players we are at war once again.

3 Likes