Warcraft: The Animated Series?

I’d watch that. But on one condition.

This↓

Hey, I actually enjoy a few of those episodes. Specifically the waffles episode. I always get a hankering for waffles after I watch that one… :thinking::thinking::laughing::laughing:

Happy I’m not the only adult who finds a bit of enjoyment from this show. :grin:

3 Likes

If it was a netflix show you are bound to have at least a main LGBT+ character.

1 Like

They missed their opportunity for this by about 10 years or so. Not going to touch a Netfllix adaptation with a ten foot pole either.

1 Like

What do you mean? Like… teen titans or the cinematics? Because IF they made a show that essentially was like the cinematics we see (like the where malf and tyranduh return to dark shore, not the hinky ones like warbringers) I would watch the crap out of that and I’m pretty sure it would get rave reviews, but maybe I am biased. However, players always gush over the cinematics.

Good, then make it Netflix series!

1 Like

Actually, an animated tv series would be great if they put some decent funding into it and got the original cast. They could tell a lot of great stories, and it could take place during any time.

In fact, it could be cool to have it take place during the 1st or 2nd wars, to expand on some of the lore some players may not have experienced yet.

That’s why we must get together to convince Blizzard to make it happen. They can even kick it off with three one hour specials based on the War of the Ancients.

Good idea, but we’d rather Blizzard incorporate what’s happened lore-wise into animated episodes that are twenty-two minutes long. Maybe forty-four.

It would probably behoove the company to produce a Castlevania-like animated series for World of Warcraft. It would be super successful and be worth the money. I know I would religiously watch it (if it were any good).

1 Like

If they did 2D animation, it would be more like the Heroes of the Storm Call of Kel’Thuzad trailer.

Which is why we must also convince them to use the current voice actors. No one wants Jaina Proudmoore not voiced by Laura Bailey, or Sylvanas Windrunner not voiced by Patty Mattson, and so on. They could even have Chris Metzen attached as executive producer of the series, as well as the voice of Thrall, Varian and Nefarian.

2 Likes

I’d love a 2d animated series.

Despite all the haters crying about anime or whatever, well written animation is just as good and sometimes better than live action.

Into the Spiderverse is a great example of animation being better than live action.

It simply would not be as great as it is if it was live action.

I’m excited for the Cyberpunk 2077 anime, the studio that’s making it is incredible.

If blizzard got the right studio to produce these things they could be huge.

They’re more likely to make the same mistakes as they did with the Warcraft movie, but hey it did well in China right? >_>

2 Likes

I can’t say the name of the website here, but we should mention on the petition to use the current voice actors. If they use 2D animation, use what they used for the Heroes of the Storm Call of Kel’Thuzad trailer. If they use 3D animation, use what they used for the Heroes of the Storm Dragons of the Nexus trailer or the Heroes of the Storm Forged by Fire trailer. Even make it look like those Hearthstone shorts.

Eh they kind of ruined Alucard’s character in the 2nd to last episode of season 3.

Like I said, we’ll start with three one hour specials based on the War of the Ancients, lots of episodes taking place during the First and Second Wars, then we make out way to the Third War, then the attack on Ahn’Qiraj, then the second journey through the Dark Portal, the war campaign in Northrend, the Cataclysm, and so on.

Long as I get to see the Knights of the Ebon blade, receive a backhand slap from Mages, Warlocks, Demon Hunters, and Paladins.

It will be quite an amusing sight; especially if the writers taken reference from Season 2 of Netflix’s Castlevania.

Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey the call of Kel’Thuzad!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPd6WlNpGo

1 Like

I mean clone wars was awesome so… if they could make it right I’d love that.

could help resolve some holes in the lore, if it would be cannon anyways (probably not)

at the end of the day they’re all cartoons. We can try to break it up into sections but it’s very simple, they’re all animation. Warner Bros. themselves made it clear when Looney Tunes was out that it was made for kids and adults alike to enjoy. I’m 44 and watch everything from Tom n Jerry to Rick n Morty. This whole thought that cartoons are for kids is absurd.

Yeah, that’ll be really fun to watch.

1 Like