Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

They had a lore historian who was harassed off of twitter by obsessive weirdoes

It could be as easy as:

We had the Horde burned down Teldrassil and make Night Elves suffer a genocide because they were a stagnant race.

In response we at Blizzard will give the Night Elves:
New land,
a call back to their WC3 days.
More political strife
Here are couple of cool cinematics were we make a journey from victim to hero
Here is some epic fist pump alliance victories over the Horde to reestablish the power dynamic.

2 Likes

This is exactly what it is.

“I tried talking to Wrathion about you, but at the mention of your name, he stripped down to his underwear and started dancing.”

Funny you should mention this. Mawthorne’s pet cursed goat is named Leviticus.

2 Likes

And I’m pretty sure with how deluded they are, they think they did all that.

Azazel…Aza…Azaroth?..Azathoth?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Azazel was locked in the earth for teaching the humans War in the Enocian Bible. I Always believed Azeroth was the Titan of War.

1 Like

I saw this in straight up game mode, each gear piece inexplicably disappearing until he broke out into the bloodelf dance.

Initially apparently they did not even think that by taking something away then there would be an offset for payoff.
But yeah most likely.

Which is why this whole Sylvanas feels bad so everything is ok now drives me up the damn wall. And to see fellow players agree with them…

The issue some of us are having is that blizzard wants it both ways. She admits she became as bad as Arthas, admits that she wasn’t being controlled, and submits herself for judgement, but it’s framed to make her sympathetic.

Even without the novel that’s been their intent. They want to sell her as a repenting character so they can bring her back down the line. Otherwise they would have killed her off like Garrosh.

There’s little catharsis for night elf and alliance fans. We can’t fight the horde because it’s Sylvanas’s fault. We can’t kill her because she feels bad. Killing the Jailer does nothing because he’s such a bland character. I’m a little mad we do kill him.

Sure we get Darkshore, in an anticlimactic way with little meaning going forward. We get Ashenvale in an anticlimactic way, but somehow it’s still contested.

Even if we get a retcon of the last two expansions, it wouldn’t undo all of the negativity that’s festered. It may even piss off more people for the wasted time.

26 Likes

Exactly, this is why Baal’s idea of just going back and ignoring this all happened doesn’t do anything for me.

4 Likes

Thats not really what the game is about though.

I mean, I understand the desire and faction pride. But the game is about titfortat attrocities. Not victories.

The thing that was so great about the BfA trailer was the line “Ours is a cycle of hatred…” delivered in the absolute best and most sinister Sylvanas voice acting and sound editing in the history of the game. It was so good because it so accurately described the theme of the game since WC3.

4 Likes

What atrocity did the Alliance inflict upon the Horde?

Which cycle? The one where the Horde keeps attacking and then Alliance forgives them? That cycle?

5 Likes

It’s becoming increasingly clear the Alliance and Horde are being told two wildly different stories.

2 Likes

I mean, no, nothing is okay.
And not only not for the Night Elves. Or the alliance.

The horde is still left at the state of “nothing” where Sylvanas left them. Yeah we have a council now, woohoo. Makes me feel totally confident that things will get better and we’ll never get the villain bat again- not.

The closing of Sylvanas’ arc didn’t solve any problems but honestly I don’t see a way how it could have. The mess was too deep.

20 Likes

Well for the Horde they did make those cinematics, the council and then arrested the bad Horde.

Somethings were done. I just got the vague word “renewal” what is it, what does it mean? Who knows.

I don’t think the Horde villain bat is coming ever again… who is going to go evil? You have no one left to bat. As long as you can stomach the redundancy of this storyline and the 4 characters you have left. Horde will be a ok.

Hope that things aren’t renewed at the same rate Gilneas, Theramore, and Hillsbrad have been

2 Likes

I have no idea tbh just that it is apparently the opposite of “vengeance” and the two things are mutually exclusive :stuck_out_tongue:

As a Good Catholic Boy I’m ready to forgive Blizzard if they Confess their sins and express Contrition alongside a full 4 year retcon with a fast-forward into a new canon with Cataclysm styled short stories per race with cool art pieces.

I’d rather have wasted four years in exchange for renewed hope than endure a narrative with this disaster until the game dies.

3 Likes

Or you could just unsubscribe and move on with your life.