Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

Casual reminder arguing in universe is not only weird, but also illogical given what we know of the IRL issues that shaped this narrative and incoherent given the epistemological root of Sylvanas committing genocide is Lava Eel Vore convincing her Zovaal is Family Friendly.

You’re all being absurd and you should embrace dadaism

6 Likes

Except sounds to me like she is actually enjoying or at least getting some satisfaction out of it and heck she might end up getting her dear Nathanos.

Hell, if there was some divine justice maybe she will find Nathanos in the same state as the night elves souls destroyed by the Jailer, let her soul live knowing her Nathanos is gone forever like the rest of the surviving night elves.

2 Likes

What? /10char

I could not be more clear.

No, I knew what you meant. I’m asking for an example. What can be done to balance the scales for the victims? What can bring back the dead? What can restore Teldrassil? What can erase the trauma?

You got a reality making machine.
You got an afterlife that focuses on rebirth.
You got a life god on your corner.
You got magic.

In short:
For righting the scales, have Sylvanas suffer every death she caused on her victims.
Then have her ferry them back to arbiter.
Put them into the printing machine.
Have Elune and WQ work their little cycle of rebirth and send them to their destination on an express ticket.

~fin

Extra content. Sylvanas poofs away like a fart in the wind like arthas did.

5 Likes

Turn her into 35 anima like what happened to Arthas. Sounds to me like that gave her some degree of peace. If nothing else then she can be forgotten about as well.

2 Likes

so effectively a particularly sadistic retcon?

12 Likes

So it starts with torture.

4 Likes

How is it a sadistic retcon? Its literally what she is responsible for.

She isn’t being tortured for fun, she is living through the emotions and trauma she caused as she takes them back to where they were supposed to. Its hell isn’t it? This is what we call penance.

Its not punitive, its balancing the debt.

4 Likes

You know damn well she’s in a glass box until further notice because they’re going full speed ahead in this ridiculous Muh Epic Cosmology With Lore Relevant Power Rangers nonsense

Illidan (Fel) is with Sargeras
Sylvanas (Death) is in the Maw
Khadgar (Order) is going on vacation

All that’s left is Turalyon the Light Power Ranger, Alleria the Void Power Ranger, and Tyrande or Malfurion the Life Power Ranger

Maybe we’ll get Thrall the Elemental Power Ranger and Baine the Non Magical Power Ranger.

This is trash.

It’s Lava Eel Vore all the way down

10 Likes

Its penance… not a penalty.

Theres baine, defined by what he is not…

Lol

3 Likes

He wants to murder innocent Horde.

I told you, he’s a sadist.

No I dont know exactly what they are planning with this stupid cosmology thing. Personally, if WoW was ever suppose to end I would have preferred it ending the way it did in a prophet’s lesson.

In any case, with the whole microsoft buyout I wouldn’t be too suprised if long term plans ends up getting changed.

1 Like

This is the penance.

1. She caused death and suffering. She lives through it to share in her victims pain. Maybe she takes on this pain so they don’t have to suffer it any longer.
  2. she carries them back to arbitor so these poor souls go where they were supposed to.
  3. the printing machine and WQ/Elune fast track the souls ascendence so their limbo in the afterlife is reduced for the services rendered by the heroes and sylvanas in Jailer downfall.
  4. The surviving victims can take solace in the fact that their loved ones suffering has ended and they got guarantee from the gods that they are in a better place and heck maybe reborn as a new baby somwhere close.

The balances are now leveled.
Sylvanas after this point can buzz off wherever her debt is paid.

Lol ok. Innocent Horde. Sylvanas.
riiight.

If only the Night Elves surrendered faster they would not have suffered. How dare they???

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
Forum Code of Conduct

6 Likes

This feels over the top, and taking on the suffering of the damned kind of makes her into even more of a Jesus analog than she already is in her Harrowing of Hell. I’d rather we did not go there.

I feel her punishment is fine for her crimes. Its a few million years in jail, working at a herculean task to undo her most egregious mistakes without rest.

6 Likes

First,

I’m sorry. I’m not trying to accuse Smallioz-kromcrush.

It is no one’s fault that people want a greater punishment spectacle to cap off this story. It’s a crap story. With an unsatisfying conclusion.

I’m simply trying to offer commentary. Fantasy, at its root, is a replacement for the public punishment spectacle. The narrative replaces the trial, justifying (by the resolution) the death of the accused, which is typically detailed in the conclusion.

Really interesting stories successfully break this model, and accuse the audience, or society, or the judicial process, instead of the caricature of a villain. But that is an exception and part of what makes them interesting is that it is a challenge to do right.

Like I said my ideas are subjective but Sylvanas with her new community service only makes up for 1 sin. Everything else has to be addressed by her “feeling bad about it” which makes it so that mass murder of innocents is punishable by feelings.

Maybe we can teach andiun to roast villains.

Here is the problem. More can be done but the devs refuse to and certain people here champion it.

In 2 years maybe 3 Sylvanas WILL comeback.
All the outsanding sins WILL remain.
And the only solace we have is she totally feels bad about it.
Cutting through all the BS and rhetoric this will be the ending of all this.

4 Likes

Kaileath why do you deny that Mother Tyrande sent her Banshee Sister to Harrow Hell and bear the pain of her people who died through Redemptive Suffering like both the Lamb Offered Willingly and the Goat For Azazel, to be watched over by Dorothy the Spooky Owl That Side-Eyes?

This was Elune’s Will as the transcendental root of this new Trinity, praise be Elune.

5 Likes