Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

I feel Korthia would of been a lot better if there was… you know… ACTUALLY a lost city? 9.1 screamed ‘cut content’.

7 Likes

Tazavesh was Korthia I’d wager

Mighta been. The brokers are one of the neatest things that came out of Shadowlands tbh. I would not of been sad to of seen more of them.

3 Likes

I wanted the brokers to keep disrespecting me

Yeah I was looking forward to it.

Seeing as this was the afterlife they really could’ve gone wild with the art design. I was hoping for like a floating NYC business district or Las Vegas Strip type place.

Just bright lights and advertisements everywhere.

And I didn’t ever see it first hand but it looked like just another bazaar but more purple.

1 Like

Thats the meme, but its inaccurate. Its hurtful to lawyers. There is no more important soldier in the war for equality than the defense attourney. The biggest failure of our justice system is a lack of access to good public defenders who arent over worked and under paid. Contract law? Don’t even get me started on how important these things are for a peaceful society. A society of laws, that aims for equality and fairness.

Its hilarious to me that society glorifies the police and teachers despite all the problems with members of those professions, but we still vilify lawyers… until they become judges, or teachers.

3 Likes

That is what the most believable leak Ive heard in 6 years said. I mean… Ive heard literal truth leaked in that time, but the 6 mo rewrite leak explained so much, I shaved my head, put on a robe and joined the cult.

2 Likes

all my credibility down the drain all because I did not accurately relay the following,

“she thought it unlikely that Varian had even known of thier presence.” -Page 233

A reminder, I read this part at 3am after working a whole work day and staying up all night to read the book. But now you know if this whole book was hinging on this ONE sentence, then here you go. But then a sentence later it says:

“The Alliance wouldn’t let them close enough to parley.”

The Alliance rejected to even hear the Forsaken out, that is fact. It doesn’t even matter if the Alliance is justified, because she believes them to be being unfair, they were her first choice.

19 Likes

Of course, because Golden’s Alliance Leaders are Lawful Good, and only the Peasant Rabble between the House of Wrynn and the gates of Lordaeron could possibly be responsible for the death of emissaries.

None of this has meaning.

Everything is meaningless.

This’ll be sooner be retcond than invoked in-game.

8 Likes

This is so sad, and completely accurate.

What is worse, is covid may have saved them from knowing the truth… there was no revelation coming.

4 Likes
1 Like

I would have liked it if the Alliance had just murdered them out of contempt because then the Alliance would actually be a tad interesting.

Lawful Good is so terribly boring.

Imagine being the kind of person who plays a fantasy game only to be always straight and narrow? It’s like playing GTA and driving, abiding the rules of the road. Can you do it? Sure. Is it fun? …

4 Likes

Ugh… it was like they wanted an ICC 5 man feel, but instead of making it available on dungeonfinder, they locked it behind the divisive and restrictive LFG system. My guild only has 3 people above 13 years old and I was discouraged from caring about Tazavesh within the first couple weeks. I’ve got better things to do with my time.

1 Like

They murdered them out of prejudice.

3 Likes

I was always fine with them being killed because the humans could not see a difference between them and the scourge they were seriously traumatized by. It reinforced the plight of the Forsaken.

13 Likes

they sure did but … wHaT aBoUt GArItHoS?!

there’s this important context though… she took extra care to select the most intact, most heroic, most impressive candidates. All of them noteworthy, all of them died a hero to the Alliance, none of them were grotestquely undead. She literally sent her best to the Alliance… and they ‘sent back thier heads’ so to speak. That says volumes about the prejuduce of the Alliance, and the lengths Sylvanas went to impress them only to be outright rejected.

Each one of those candidates was more worthy than Garithos.

8 Likes

5 bucks Golden will come out with “VARIAN WOULD HAVE LOVINGLY EMBRACED SYLVANAS IF ONLY THE PEASANTS OF SOUTHSHORE HADN’T KILLED THEM ON THE WAY TO STORMWIND”

9 Likes

She might, but she would also be wrong. Stabbing first and asking questions later was Varian’s thing, particularly after Tiffin died as she helped keep his temper in check.

7 Likes

Alas Blizzard is addicted to:

• fear of narrative commitment
  • Unreliable narrator
  • Author as God

Meaningless Kaileath. It’s all meaningless. The lore, player attachments to the lore, all of it. All that matters is their capricious whims and the internal pettiness that leads to them.

2 Likes

I actually liked unreliable narrator.

I thought it was a smart move.

Really, they should have told Golden to fill in the blanks from the perspective of a dark ranger who knew her from the beginning.

Edit: Even the stuff I hate, I would prefer to have gotten in the form of a usual suspects style drama.

SAISER KO’SHAE!

1 Like