Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

:face_vomiting:

Really? Did Golden not play that scenario? Sylvanas couldn’t even help herself in spewing one of her edgelord lines while Liam was dying.

16 Likes

The invasion already started by the time she gets back from Icecrown. And those Worgen seem awfully cross about something. Little late for negotiations.

1 Like

that’s actually really interesting because while she’s accepted the fact that she’s a monster in Lorthemar and Halduron’s eyes and resolves to be the worst kind of monster they’ve ever seen. She also has a soft spot for the Blood Elves he says it’s odd for her to ask him to accept the blood elves because they seem to already have interest in rejoining the Alliance, so Thrall is skeptical of them for valid reasons, mostly because he knows that the Alliance was Sylvanas’s first choice. he accuses her of having a soft heart which she completely rejects. But in the same breath she sells the Blood Elves as similar to the orcs, as a people seeking to be liberated from enslavement, just like the Forsaken saught to be liberated from the enslavement from Arthas. There’s a theme of Sylvanas’s people and her Horde of being liberated from oppressors. And Thrall who was once a slave himself is won over by this.

She also promises that when the BE’s are restored, they will pay back the Horde’s investment in them.

2 Likes

she felt so bad about what she was being unfairly forced to do that she decided to fully commit to it

14 Likes

Not just fully commit but outright disobey Garrosh and use the plague.

9 Likes

Yeah that’s nothing new.

But the Alliance more than likely killing their diplomats and reacting to them with kneejerk homicidal hostility isn’t like, grounds to assume you’re at war or anything.

Don’t shoot the messenger!

Golden wrote that.

I’m not. That doesnt mean I can’t gag at the entire thing.

1 Like

There’s no evidence that this happened. Sylvanas made an unfounded assumption and went from there.

Which so far seems to fit the pattern of her just assuming that she has no choice but to make the worst decisions even though we’re told she really really doesn’t want to

9 Likes

Garrosh wanted their port.

2 Likes

it’s cringey for sure. Everything is pulled back to her relationship with her family. She committed atrocities because they reminded her of her family and life is not fair. It’s cringe I admit that.

I fully expect her to roll up on Teldrassil like,

I remembe when i used to play under the trees with my family

“Burn it!”

13 Likes

Oh Garrosh wanted something so she had literally no other options but to do exactly what he says, even though we’re also told that she hates him more than anyone she’s actually murdering

None of Sylvanas’ actions here match what we’re being told her motivations were

9 Likes

To be fair that’s been the entire horde throughout cata and bfa.

3 Likes

Arthas didn’t even need to mind control her to make her do terrible things, all he needed to do was say “I want a port” and she’d do anything to make it happen

8 Likes

To be fair it was unintentionally hilarious.

Those Cata in game cutscenes have NOT aged well. I was cracking up watching it because it looked like a high school play where everyone was forgetting their lines. Very stitled.

I wouldn’t judge but even by Wrath I’d seen better thing done by Machinima.

Honestly though all of Gilneas felt like they ran out of time. The opening half is genuinely pretty good but after you become a Worgen proper it gets kinda weird.

I’ll never get over that last quest. Maybe it was just bad timing but I swear I was there for 7 minutes before the zeppelin came in range. I thought it was glitched or maybe you had to be in a very specific spot to trigger it.

1 Like

Oh. So literally every human you encounter being hostile was just a misunderstanding? Guess I should’ve been the bigger man. Get run through with a pitchfork a few more times before assuming he meant me harm.

Be fair. He could just extremely stupid and think I’m a disobedient scarecrow trying to walk off the Jon.

9 Likes

What are you talking about, we’re talking about Sylvanas sending emissaries to the Alliance, them disappearing, and her instantly assuming something that would conveniently push her to do something that didn’t make any sense

This is a pattern for her behavior and it looks like the bulk of her rationalizations in this book fit that pattern.

And I don’t really blame Golden for that, her job is to try and retroactively make Sylvanas work as a character and a council of Shakespeare, Tolkien, and David Eddings couldn’t do that

7 Likes

Yeah attending a meeting with the one group your diplomats came back from is crazy talk.

8 Likes

This is so bad, it gets worse with every new piece of information we’re told

Basing your geopolitical affiliation on an assumption that one of said groups burned your diplomats at the stake or something is in fact crazy talk

Especially since she herself had already had experience with Alliance forces at the time and even the worst, most intolerant Alliance figure that has ever existed was willing to hear her out and give her a chance

3 Likes