Warcraft Short Story: "Trials"

It does…
…indeed.

1 Like

Bah!

Better the Horde to have drowned in blood than to be reduced to such weakness, fewer younglings would be dead with fresh Fel energies thundering through their veins or under the harsh lash of Garroshes Horde.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help that the author cut away from the scene, so the kill happens off screen. That feels like a Blizzard decision, but I could be wrong.

:Spoiler Alert:

That was kinda my thoughts on the whole thing. On one hand I would have been sad if he died, on the other hand I didn’t really care because I didn’t even know about him when I started reading the story, but ultimately it feels like he didn’t really learn anything (except that he’s a badass, which we already knew because he’s Thralls son). I felt like there was more character development with Rehze than with Durak.

2 Likes

Actually, I’m pretty sure it was written to initially be misleading…meaning, all of the depicted fight scenes were actually Durak’s, and not of his friend that died (Benge). That’s how it read to me, at least.

Durak’s plot development was basically just confirming what was heavily hinted in the orc heritage questline, where he wasn’t sure about being a shaman, but had Varok’s force ghost smile and wink at him, hinting he was gonna go down the warrior path.

1 Like

Testosterone has been scrubbed out of all Blizzard writing.

Teenage kid hunts down and slays a half-ton hydra in its own lair after it’s killed scores of promising young warriors.

no testosterone there, nosir

3 Likes

It was. But then it kind of falls apart when it keeps going after we find out Bengay is dead.

/raises hand

Uhhhhhh…I only just did the Orc heritage questline so it’s still pretty fresh in my mind, but wasn’t the Om’gora like a brand new thing that Thrall just made up? It replaced the more brutal Om’riggor that’s more like what they describe with the one-on-one hunt.

He could’ve had it not include the solo hunt thing if he wanted because like…he made it up. During the Kosh’karg.

1 Like

Its not meant to be a “go kill a named beast with a body count”, its all on the dumb kids for picking a hydra instead of like, a raptor or scorpid or something.

Aw thrall why the “long face”. X’D

The short stories being released have been pretty good. Maybe they are a sub-in for cinematics since everyone is whimpering about weepy Anduin and constantly trashing the animated cuts. Let your own brains fill in the blanks with imagination instead of animation. If you interpret a piece of writing in a certain window, it speaks of your inclinations and outlooks, not always the writers. All the short story authors have been different a varied across the board.

I actually prefer reading, but I’m an outlier. There’s more spoken in words than can be captured in cinematics. But cinematics are still powerful. I hope, hope this is building on great things with a meaningful cinematic to tie it together. Not a good book but translates to weak movie situation.

1 Like

Love these short stories and I do hope that more of these will come.

I wonder why dwarfs seems to grow up faster then Orcs now. Durak is 15 But it seems Dagranis the same age as Anduin. Someone explain please.

Dagran is much younger than Anduin and older than Durak.

Moira was pregnant with Dagran II in vanilla, Dagran was conceived some time in Cata.

“Thrall, the deception master”

The opening scene reveals Anduin’s head impaled on a spike beside Thrall’s throne. Opposite the throne, Jaina stands encased in ice, reminiscent of Han Solo, carrying Anduin’s child and eternally preserved. Skulls of the aspects hang from the ceiling. Thus, the conflict reignites.

‘World of Warcraft, light’s end’

I’d buy the CE edition.

The water color kind of art they’ve been putting out lately has been exceptionally bad. The last one I saw was elves and the face work was just as bad or worse than this. It’s like it’s bad on purpose.

1 Like

Something something 3-letter-organization-hire

I like what you’re selling

1 Like