Warcraft Short Story: "Trials"

Warcraft Short Story: "Trials"

After several younglings are lost attempting their om’gora rites, Thrall begins questioning the value of the trials. The new generation places such emphasis on martial strength and battle prowess that they would risk death attempting the rites before they are ready. Walking through Orgrimmar with his family, Thrall reflects on his son’s readiness for the trials, his own coming of age, and how to prepare this new generation to build on the legacy he and his friends started long ago.

View Full Article

17 Likes

Oh yay imma read this now! I like these stories.

8 Likes

Wish they were like the legion animated ones.

6 Likes

Even the WoD one , that were introducing each warlords were awesome

3 Likes

It was decent for a freebie. It well… there is really isn’t anything to it. Its not bad not great. I would summarize it but it would spoil it.

His face… /10char

5 Likes

If I ever saw a more obvious death flag, this is it.

2 Likes

I’m assuming we are not getting any video shorts for this expansion? That’s a huge bummer if so.

8 Likes

I’m starting to think the same :frowning:

It’s a big bummer because the wow art team (imo) is one of the better things in this game now, they always do a great job.

4 Likes

I think I am a slow reader but finally I have finished it.

It’s very good! I like this one the most.

6 Likes

I liked the double bluff, where I started thinking the kid was Durak, then I was like, oh, guess not, then it ended up being Durak.

4 Likes

The original description made me think he would talk to his other kid.

1 Like

Good story, my pedant nerd brain can’t help but be stuck on the fact that Org->WC is not a small distance in real lore distances, Thrall’s kid is a hell of an athlete if he booked it there and had time for the fight before Thrall found out and rode out to WC.

4 Likes

Blizzard must have realized that there’s no point making videos if they can’t compete with Sonic the Hedgehog.

5 Likes

First of the Dragonflight ones wasnt released till about a month before launch.

6 Likes

I love the idea that Thrall the kind of guy who will charge a group of playing children and willingly let himself be beaten with sticks.

I also love that Rehze’s full name is Amarehz. Takes after her mother there I see.

Wish we could have gotten more out of Durak but glad to know he’s that guy being able to solo a rare mob while underleveled.

4 Likes

Dude, Sonic has been outdoing them in extra content for 20 years lmfao

2 Likes

He genuinely tried his best. He’s just old now.

1 Like

38 is old for you?

6 Likes

This was a really good short story. I really enjoyed the character development.

3 Likes