Warcraft Short Story: "The Lilac and the Stone"

I mean - considering that the Dark Irons are not at war with the other Dwarves since Cataclysm and the character is the son to a prominent caster; I would for sure expect him to be a nerdy bookworm.

What war would he be preparing for?

2 Likes

A highly quality cast of ALLIANCE leaders sharing their stories and Thrall is there. The bias is obvious.

Dont worry loyal Horde poster - Gazlowe is in the book and the short story. And Thrall is in the book too. I assure you this will be the most amount of lore you will get outside of Gazlowe - I hope you like goblins.

Well there are:

That Lothar woman
Alleria
Anduin
Moira

and then as sidenote

Gazlowe
Thrall.

That is 4 alliance and 2 Horde leaders. Double as much. Bias it is.

Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Yea to defend peace, there should be readiness for war - which I think neither the Horde nor Alliance disagree with.

The Arathi arent Alliance.

3 Likes

No one is “proving a point.” It’s a story where passage of time is long and characters we knew were young are now growing up and we learn their stories to continue forward.

God forbid?

:roll_eyes: Moving on.

4 Likes

half elf half human is always alliance. See Arator and the twins of Vereesa. NEXT!

Watsonian: Time’s passing on, the old guard is getting old or died off

Doyalist: I think the Danuser era writing team (which still was working on TWW before he left) really didn’t like being tied down to the original vision of the setting and wanted to write about what they wanted to write

2 Likes

Just from the Horde. The veterans of the alliance are all alive and doing well.

Well - Arathi arent Alliance.
Arator has not been established as an Alliance character…ever.
And Galadin and Giramar are Dalaran (but I will say Alliance because of Vereesa).

So 1 out of 3?

1 Like

If it paid? Same.

2 Likes

A weak prince is a dead one, so…

Eventually someone would kill him.

1 Like

Malfurion, Tyrande, and Genn have all retired now. More are bound to join them in letting the next generation take over out of hope of them not repeating their mistakes.

Doesn’t matter. They are alive and can return to the plot whenever Blizzard needs them. But the Horde leaders are gone forever because Blizzard is biased and hates writing anything for them.

Wiki says they are alliance infact.

HUMANS ARE ALLIANCE.

There’s a reason it’s called world of WARcraft

It made sense during Legion where alliance and horde set aside differences to stop the legion, or when the alliance and horde set aside to go after n’zoth

But now it absolutely makes no sense, Shadowlands was the last bit of hostile tensions

He’s not wrong, dragonflight was the power of friendship to stop a bad fiery dragon from burning a tree.

I have no strong hope for faction tension ever again, I’m copeium maybe they would be in midnight where void elves and blood elves blame each other for the destruction of the Sunwell but that’s cope

1 Like

I would consider him more Silver Hand affiliation than Alliance - since he has never done anything with the Alliance since being in Honor Hold in TBC and hasnt been a character involved in the Alliance

Thats not true, since the Syndicate and Defias are definitely not Alliance

3 Likes

The first time we see him ever was in TBC at honor hold meeting Danath to look for his parents. And we can assume he grew up in Stormwind.

Gilneas and Kul Tiras weren’t for many expansions.

2 Likes

The Arathi are their own species, and there are strong hints the empire proper will see us all as gross mongrels and want to destroy us equally in the name of the holy emperor. So…

2 Likes