Warcraft Short Story: "The Lilac and the Stone"

Warcraft Short Story: "The Lilac and the Stone"

Queen Regent Moira Thaurissan is exhausted. Her son, Dagran II, is rapidly coming of age and stands to inherit leadership of both the Dark Iron and Bronzebeard Clans. But Dagran is bookish and odd: He would easily choose the company of his library over leadership. Can Moira inspire her son to take up his birthright, or will her fears for his future—and the future of the clans—prove true?

View Full Article

10 Likes

Just give him some Ale and he will be inspired :+1:

5 Likes

And this is why I rage eat mint oreos instead

3 Likes

What is with these coming-of-age stories from Blizzard? Thrall’s kid is coming of age, Alleria’s kid, some other random dude’s kid is coming of age and now this woman’s kid is coming of age. What’s next? Are we going to find out anduin has some kid lying around and he’s also coming of age?

1 Like

Let him read, war is pointless

7 Likes

I want an audiobook version reading this long wall of text is no fun!

theres websites that can do that.

We’re reaching the point in the timeline where babies made around the end of the Third War, when everyone finally settled down for a while and stopped killing each other, are reaching adulthood.

20 Likes

nah go back to war

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you think that has to do with what I said.

5 Likes

Because time passes and you need to like make somewhat lore important characters become relevant and actually have a character.

14 Likes

The initial paragraph is really good so far, and I like that they haven’t forgotten that Magni used to be a fairly ruthless and calculating king, and not exactly the best father at all. It’s easy to forget, since he’s been essentially a Disney character since Legion.

5 Likes

When your game has been going on for 20 years and it actually acknowledges the passing of time ingame, you have to age out certain characters and replace them with younger ones for continuity of story.

coming-of-age stories are a good way to introduce the next generation of characters.

it’s not terribly complicated.

10 Likes

i get that but do we seriously need 4 of these stories to prove that point? we already have a book coming out about this featuring 3 characters already proving important character moment like this its fine to have stories like this but i really don’t think we need 4 of them

Yes.

/10char

5 Likes

You kind of have to set up these characters especially if time is actually progressing.

Arator doesnt even have a character and hasnt progressed since TBC.
Durak literally was a kid and didnt appear in a story.
Dagran was literally stuck in baby form since Vanilla

You have to progress characters in order to make the plot continue.

7 Likes

i think theres other ways to do that though but fair enough

But this is the world of warcraft…

no its world of emotionscraft

2 Likes

world of blandcraft…

1 Like