Warcraft movie: 2 years later

I want to like it soooo much. But I have tried watching it six times now and I always, always, fall asleep.

I mean, maybe the issue is that I have undiagnosed narcolepsy, but I don’t find it to be a very compelling/coherent narrative.

Such a pity.

4 Likes

Well I own a digital copy so I can’t pretend… But I’ve only watched it once.

1 Like

For me, at least,

It was definitely an entertaining watch, with elements that reminded me of how the game was a major part of my childhood and all, but, what’d I’d come for in terms of nostalgia, and recognizing different elements associated with my experiences from the game, left me a little empty.

I liked it, definitely one of the top five for video game adaptions.

My only gripe with it is the story direction it had. I was expecting a war movie that ended with Stormwind getting razed, not a new alternate universe. It did it well, just didn’t care for it.

2 Likes

It honestly would’ve been better as an Amazon/Netflix series so they could pace out the lore and characters a bit more.

1 Like

I still haven’t gotten around to seeing it.

Is it worth it?

Depends what you intend to see it for.

Short answer?

No.

Long answer?

2 Likes

I prefer to pretend it didn’t exist. From the distance of time it does look like a failed fantasy product. There was probably too much interference in the creative process. Maybe creators were too much fans and didn’t have critical look at things. I do want to watch it again one of these days just to enjoy the visuals and familiar landscapes.

I’m also cringing at how I defended it back then and was in denial, because I’d been waiting for it so long.

2 Likes

I loved it. Bought the cool-guy metal box version. Watch it a few times a year. The orc scenes really butter my roll even though I am a boy in blue.

Idk, if you didn’t like it that’s cool too but I wish blizzard would make another. Maybe more of a Guardians of Trisfal type movie.

3 Likes

It’s two hours of lifelike versions of the in game models. Even if you don’t like the plot, the visuals are worth it when you consider how many other ways one under utilities two hour spans in one’s life.

1 Like

Put that way…

It’s a definite watch lol.

2 Likes

Watched it in the theater. Own a bluray of it. I buy every movie we watch in the theater on Bluray just in case I want to watch it again.

The movie sucks and flopped and it barely survived because of China, Legendary pics probably would rather do Chinese history movie rather than making Warcraft Sequel.

1 Like

Should have adapted Last Guardian.

1 Like

Never watched it, I would rather not encourage blizzard by giving them money in such a way. Why? Just because I want them to focus on fixing their game before they go play Hollywood director. The idea of attracting new players to a game made to be as anti-new-player as possible is silly to begin with. Not to mention friends of mine who watched it who didn’t know the lore behind it said it was confusing and thought it was a ripoff of lord of the rings with a confusing plot anyway so it’s not like blizz is any good at conveying a story from what I heard.

I loved the movie. Have seen it at minimum 20 times. People whinge about the human aspect of it but Travis does a terrific job at lothar. Granted I’ve loved him since he started on vikings he was a great lead. I really hope they make more. They NEED to do an Arthas rise and fall movie or even tv series but has to be live action. Hell get Got producers on to it as we know they can do good for arthas and dks like they have with the night king and the whitewalkers

1 Like

i still pretend it doesnt exist

I find the lore interesting, and would be nice to see it on the big screen. Fantasy adaptations are a mixed bag over the years, though.

For every good LotR, there’s an abysmal “Legend of the Seeker”. :frowning:

Because state actors aren’t going to help orchestrate the box office success of another high profile movie after the scrutiny Chinese box office returns have received, and because despite that success it still lost money.