Warcraft has lost its way

Hahahaha. Dude. I reread this and you actually said THE PANDAREN didn’t join the faction conflict although in the Vol’dun Alliance outpost there’s an entire Pandaren regiment? You just exposed yourself as somebody who never played BfA despite whining about it 90% of the time. :joy:

1 Like

I said this:

That the Panda’s shouldn’t have joined the faction conflict since it doesn’t make much sense for them. That was their story and theme in MoP, rather than soldiers they should have been healers and diplomats in BFA. That would have fit their lore much better.

You really need to read what others say better.

And even THAT is wrong, since the first Pandaren ever to appear in Warcraft (the Brewmaster heroes) were mercenaries who helped out both sides. Mh, that aside, I wonder what face you’ll make when the Dracthyr who just joined the Alliance and Horde will gasp BATTLE against each other just like the Pandaren?

Tell me you haven’t played MoP without telling me you haven’t played MoP.
And as I said we are talking about Pve rather than Pvp.

“Well thats dumb but whatever, we got bigger issues.” face if its so important for you to know what face I am making.

Lmao, you wrote yourself into a corner. Enlighten me. How did the Dracthyr not join the faction conflict despite joining the factions?

Are you having trouble following the words that are being said to you? You aren’t making any sense.

…How…Is DF punishing Alliance?

What don’t you understand, Smallioz, I’m all ears.

Well so far they killed off Malfurion.

Lets see what is being lost next.

You are asking about a PvE faction conflict that doesn’t exist in DF after being specifically told we are not talking about Pvp battlegrounds.

Do you seriously think the writers start by saying, “Oooo, please please please, can we write another Horde identity crisis? It’s so thrilling and fun to write! Yeah, we’ll have to hurt the Alliance so it can happen properly, but who cares? Horde identity crisis is where it’s at, baby!”

I don’t believe it happens that way. Horde identity crisis is just their sop to the Horde players for something they were always going to do.

Huh? No they didnt.

Pretty myopic response from you, since you expect the faction conflict to erupt into war in a future expansion, ever fearful what the Alliance might lose next to the Horde. But I see, it’s just about saving face for you now. :rofl:

The Orcs is not faking it nothing indicates they were, Dragons are not mindless animals and the Dractyr did not join a faction conflict because there is none right now.

I think they are interested in telling stories about the Horde and certain characters in the Horde and this is how they do it everytime they want to do a Horde story.

Malfurion dies to go to the shadowlands so Ysera can live again.
I see that as punishing Alliance players for no good reason but hey there are many things in the story that I don’t think were for good reasons. What’s one more?

And when it happens I will tell you why its dumb unless they do the world building for it to happen.
Until then there is no faction conflict caused between the Dracthyr so I can’t comment on it.

I don’t. They wouldn’t keep repeating the same tired ideas beat for beat, over and over again, if they were actually excited about what they were doing.

In the specific case of BfA, it’s looking very much like that was one person’s grudge for things not going the way he wanted the first time.

Yes, that’s the lore as it is written now and with “pretending” I was being hyperbolic, because it seemed pretty melodramatic to me. I think this is a case of trying to give a story more depth, but making it more convoluted than necessary. Dragons are not humans, but they get too humanized Warcraft’s setting. Then again, that has been the case for almost two decades now.

And so Smallioz died on that hill. Not the biggest hill, but HIS hill.

Well thats kind of dumb but w/e, not really a deal breaker for me.
Look, Blizzard historically has crapped on Alliance (game play wise).
Horde however story wise gets it 1000 times worse. Horde have been written as mentally unstable murder hobos for almost all of WoW. Do you want that? Do you want Alliance to mindlessly follow some insane dictator against their best interests? I sure as hell dont.

1 Like

Well I guess we agree to disagree, I don’t think that guy was to blame for everything in BFA and Shadowlands, he certainly wasn’t around for mid BFA and if internal memos uncovered in the investigations he wasn’t allowed to do anything for at least a year before anything became public.

Anyway he certainly wasn’t around when they decided to kill Malfurion, unless he snuck into the building during the night to write that into the script while Danuser slept.

I guess everyone have different limits when it comes to the story. As for the Horde if the game treated them as mentally unstable murder hobos I would be more sympathetic. Except they aren’t, they are super good and do nothing wrong and our friends because… “content currently missing”.

I will admit, Blizzard’s crusade against Night Elves is kind of weird.

1 Like

…Malfurion isnt dead. He is no more dead than we are when we are in the Shadowlands, and bodily traveled there through a portal. He is legit taking a nap in Ardenwield like a wild god would while Ysera is out in the living world. No harm has come to him. And likely Ysera has a big part to play in putting in a new world tree, so I think it will overall work out for the better for the Kaldorei.

1 Like