Warcraft has lost its way

Do people seriously want this boring stuff? Seriously? Why tho? Just ask for another faction war, at least it’s more exciting than that.

Just have the Alliance round up a few Hoardies in camps. I’m serious.

Didn’t say anything close to that.
Only mentioned that its interesting the complaint’s of “Will someone please think of the Horde players!” only arises after Blizzard has them canonically wiping out alliance cities, populations or characters for the sake of another Horde identity crisis story in cinematic detail.

I agree strongly. A tenuous truce, a smoldering coal of war, contested areas, the intention of peace but with hatred motivating violence in various places. That’s how I want World of Warcraft to be. No all-out faction war, no skipping through the daisies. Just a cold war.

2 Likes

Its always weird to me for the ones that don’t PVP but want faction conflict, I just don’t get it. Personally, PVP is all I do but I could not care less for the faction conflict. Most other PVPers I know are kind of the same way, if anything faction conflict only harms the PVP community.

That being said, what does the faction conflict serve people who don’t PVP? I guess the story of it? I guess people just say they are some Horde/Alliance killer in RP without actually doing it? I dono.

2 Likes

The game needed a hard reset after they started highly unpopular stuff they could not actually finish in BFA. This is sort of like the time right after WC3 when all the truces that had been in place during the second legion invasion were still going strong. Give it an expansion or so and we will likely be back to “the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated”.

1 Like

There have been more Warcraft games that focused on things other than the petty faction conflicts than having it as the main focus.

The following are the games that had the AvH story as either a minor or secondary story.

WC3:RoC - main focus was about banding together to defeat the Legion and Scourge. Faction conflict was secondary. As the three heroic factions (Alliance, New Horde, Night Elves) were all fighting each other at some point before Medivh had to slap all of them.
WC3: TFT - main focus was on the scourge and how Ner’zhul was going to stick it to Kil’jaeden. Faction conflict was minor. Only one campaign had it as the focus. That being the Founding of Durator. Which wasn’t originally planned.
WoW: Vanilla - main focus was simply exploring the world and dealing with threats ranging from local to global. Faction conflict was minor
WoW: TBC - main focus was against Illidan at first (even though the Legion were the catalysts for TBC) then later the Burning Legion. Faction conflict was minor
WoW: WotLK - Main focus was Arthas and the Scourge. Faction conflict was minor
WoW: Cataclysm - Main focus was against Deathwing and the Elemental Lords (to varied success. RIP Al’Akir. Didn’t even get a voice actor). Faction conflict was secondary. With most of it in the revamped vanilla zones.
WoW: WoD - Main focus was the Iron Horde then later the Burning Legion. Faction conflict was non-existent
WoW: Legion - main focus was against the Legion. Faction conflict was minor.
WoW: Shadowlands - main focus was something something Zovaal, something something First Ones idk. Faction conflict was non-existent
WoW: Dragonflight - main focus atm is restoring the Aspects their powers. In which the Primalists and the Infinite Dragonflight seek to prevent. Faction conflict atm is non-existent.

The only ones that focused on the faction conflict are;

WC1
WC2:ToD & WC2:BtDP
WoW: MoP
WoW: BFA

And even then, MoP also had the Sha plot alongside it and BFA ultimately had N’zoth be the finale of the story.

2 Likes

It’s not bad faith arguements. Severally punishing a faction that has paying customers isn’t going to work. Not really my problem you and others don’t grasp it’s not a single player game for alliance players

But you do you boo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yet again completely misses the point.

:rofl:

2 Likes

You not understanding my point is not my problem boo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah I know how you argue.
Completely misunderstand the point, keep repeating yours until you get frustrated and make a dramatic scene.

This is why I said don’t bother replying to me. Its just pointless.

1 Like

Yet you’re the only one getting angry and making a scene right now boo. You do this a lot, you have this habit of projecting your own behavior onto others :stuck_out_tongue:

The irony of you of all people making this statement is hilarious.
Again, i was just making an observation, I am not going to get sucked into one of your episodes.
Cheers.

1 Like

Yet you’re the one having a breakdown boo. You can project all you want, throwing a tantrum because some people people won’t agree with you is really sad

When you’re calm, come and talk

When you learn how to actually respond to points and arguments I might consider it.

But since you never actually do that there really isn’t any point. It will just be bad faith arguments and personal snipes as seen above.

1 Like

It does genuinely baffle me. Because I’ve run into multiple people extremely worked up about the faction conflict narrative, who don’t PvP. And it’s just surreal to me. Like how are you THIS opinonated about something you dont participate in?

Personally I blame BFA. Because it turned what had been an occasionally heated but overall fun rivalry into an idiot’s idea of what the horrors of war look like and put all the PvP content into PvE only experiences like Warfronts and the Battle of Dazar’Alor.

So now a lot of people who’d rather pick up a tarantula than que for a BG have opinions on matters they’re loudly ignorant about. Like I’m a Horde boy. Always mained Forsaken and presumably always will. But I’ve no ill will toward Alliance players. Are you kidding me? I love ya’ll. Being a spooky zombie dude wouldn’t be nearly as fun if there weren’t knights in shining armor paladins to menace.

And I was sad to see Darnassus go too. Sure my best memories of the place are of attacking it. But thats the fun of WPvP. You storm in, slaughter everything that moves but then everything’s fine an hour later. NPCs respawn, players resurrect, and you either get bored and leave or get curb stomped by a swarm of hostile players. There’s no real harm done. It’s just wholesome fun.

9 Likes

Yet again, you’re the one attacking me with your petty little claims about me while doing the very thing you accuse me of doing. Stop projecting your behavior onto me

I’m not interested in your petty snipes at me. When you want to be a adult and have that conversation than we will

Nobody is mad at losing warsong gultch, the issue is the single player scenarios like blowing up Theramore, or prepatch events to burn down Teldrassil, or leveling area in Kultiras where we see “horrors” of war.
It is interesting how all this is very one sided and the Horde has maybe two locations that get mildly attacked and still brought up a decade later.

The point as always there are no complaints when the Alliance playerbase gets shafted. But when its the Horde players? Well… now we have to be super careful not to punish them. They are paying customers afterall.

K

2 Likes

Which again, they pissed way, rather stupidly because they decided they wanted to tell a war story, but then gave that idea about 20 seconds later to have a Mystery Plot with a sprinkle of Old God horror before pole dancing into Hell to defeat a giant god with very pronounced nipples.

Which is why, again, I am quite glad with the state of things on the Dragon Isles. A fantastic change of pace and what’s this? Despite the Horde and the Alliance hanging out just fine, there’s still battles and wars going on?

It’s almost like WoW doesn’t actually need Faction Wars to have wars.

9 Likes

Damn shame about Theramore. I miss taking over that boat and acting like a pirate.

Trouble is though you yell at random Horde players like we had any say in the matter, and seem to think the answer is further damage to the overworld rather than just asking Blizz to please stop blowing holes in it for cheap drama.

Stop setting Alliance town’s on fire CDev. That’s my job.

2 Likes

I still want them to rebuild Theramore as a Forsaken city.

For fudge’s sake, you have a Proudmoore now. Just slap new hat on him, and have him rebuild Theramore with that cool Forsaken architecture that we barely ever see.

But instead they just said lol here’s Lordaeron back.