Warband Warbanks are Temporarily Disabled

I said useful items, not just mog. So profession mats, rep items, etc.

Any update at this point would be welcome

1 Like

All your posts are hyperbole and doomer. Just quit the game already buddy. You will never be happy with anything they do.

Is there a known issues thread? Can we pin it to the top of the “Latest”?

I don’t think I saw any patch notes for today despite the maintenance either.

1 Like

not every maintenance comes with patches/notes

There is, but it’s pinned in the Bug Report forum…

3 Likes

It isn’t. These posts aren’t about doing something like they have done for 20 years. They are about marquee new features being unavailable. People are frustrated and venting said frustration on a public forum.

It would have been less frustrating if they came on here yesterday and said, “Hey, we found a critical issue with Warbands and the bank. Due to this, we’ve pushed the update to Thursday so we can resolve those issues.” Would this have cost some developer and network operations time? Probably. Would it create better good will with the customers? Yes. Definitely. And it would have had absolutely no impact on the rest of their calendar.

3 Likes

It’s pretty obvious they saw this as a way to claw back flying in a small way. If they could and players wouldn’t riot and they’d all get fired for destroying the game they’d just remove normal steadyflight entirely but they can’t do that. So instead make it inconvenient, force players to hit a keybind to open a UI panel, to click a button, to cast a 5 second cast, to then click a mount, to wait another second to mount it. To fly somewhere, to land, to decide you want dragonriding again to again open a ui panel, to click a button, to stand for 5 seconds casting. And on and on.

It’s not even bad design or incompetence it’s malicious design, it’s a dark pattern designed to drive players to accept staying in dragonriding mode all the time and ultimately on some occasions end up moving more slowly around.

No one on the Blizzard team could have used this system and thought it was anything but a slog to switch between styles. I cannot believe no one there does the choosing one kind of mount and flying style sometimes and another for other times. For short distances like mounting around in the city I’ll always choose steadyflight/normal-flight unless it’s straight to the other side of the city. So the thing to assume then is they know it’s annoying and that’s the purpose, to as much as possible deprecate old flying. Perhaps if they get enough people used to this, trained to it, they’ll claim at the end of TWW that they now have metrics showing players use dynamicflight 90% of the time and as such they’re removing steadyflight or making it even harder to access. It’s driving players to a conclusion players don’t want but they do.

Thing is I’m fine with not having steadyflight in new expansion areas. That seems fair considering the traditional gating of flying we’re now all so used to. I’d even be fine not having it until the end of the expac. But I just want easy use of both styles without opening panels or cooldowns, just clicks from my actionbars for use in Stormwind, in the old world, out and about farming old content.

3 Likes

But they did technically…like I said in the other thread, they are one and the same. The event is part of the questline you are/were asking about.

Has anyone done the quests yet? Should i do them and wait for the bank or hold off on the quests altogether?

I just did them. The quests work fine. Just the bank doesn’t so it’s totally up to you if you do them now or wait.

So… do we have an ETA on Warbank activation?

1 Like

Another character is using the Warbank :clown_face: :clown_face:
Right.

1 Like

whenever blizzard execs feel like sparing the spare change to pay for techs to work on it.

My alts are such greedy hogs about the bank! Always using it when my main needs it!

3 Likes

Blizz can we get an update if we can expect to have the bank today? Its starting to feel like you guys forgot this was bugged.

1 Like

Until the trailer yesterday (and thanks again for pointing that out for me), there was simply no indication of this: they were listed separately in the announcement, they discussed separate aspects in their relative sections, and the event overview page didn’t mention the quest line whatsoever.

Undeniably, it caused confusion, which there have been multiple forum threads about, not to mention head-scratching elsewhere; it caused frustration, as evidenced in those same forum posts; and it was an unforced error in their communication - had they spelled this out more clearly before yesterday (i.e., in the original announcement), all of that would have been avoided.

I wasn’t aware of the blue post here when I first saw that message at the bank. My first thought was, “Oh no! I’ve been hacked!” :grin:

2 Likes

Goodness. This is still down. Between sorting LUA errors and fixing up my few addons, it’s been quite the evening. I haven’t played all day until a few moments ago and I was dying to have the bank up by now. I’m itching to organize!

3 Likes

SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE…same :frowning: