Warband reputation isn't really warband reputation

So warband rep doesn’t extend back into old expansions? I just tried to buy some gear on my lock that requires Exalted legion rep, which I have on multiple characters just not my lock, and apparently she’s only Friendly or Honored.

WTF I thought rep was account wide now? Isn’t this supposed to be one of the main features of warbands? We have to go do dated content for rep but not the new stuff? Seems backwards to me.

2 Likes

Only TWW and maybe DF. They want to do the old stuff, but its more complicated and should be in the future.

4 Likes

I want to say it is DF and TWW. They are working on making the older reps account wide if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Not when you realize how much back-end coding they’ll have to wade through to get old expansion reputations to work.

The new expansion was built with Warbands in mind, and DF used the same Renown system so I imagine it was easy to update those to work with it as well. The rest will take time to combine, as they’ve said before.

2 Likes

and most of the rep would be wonky an example would be the insane in the membrane
achievement

They said it would only be TWW and DF reps at first, and not even all of them… just the main ones. They’re going to be working backwards to migrate each expansion into the Warband system.

I’d imagine there are going to be about a dozen or so reps that won’t get migrated. They did confirm that Aldors, Scryers, Frenzyheart, and Oracles won’t get migrated as those are viewed as RP choices for individual characters. I would assume things like Bloodsail Buccaneers and Syndicate won’t be migrated either.

So basically it’s not finished yet and who knows when it will be. That’s annoying. This was one of the things I was looking forward to most. I’m not mad I’m just dissapointed, Blizz.

No, Blizzard hasn’t worked on those conversions yet.

Just for Dragonflight and The War Within.

It is, and was clearly stated it wouldn’t work for previous expansions - at least not yet.

1 Like

Probably can’t do the goblins anymore either - at least not without messing with the Insane grind.

It released exactly how they advertised it would. You should only be disappointed in yourself for not looking into it and just assuming it worked how you wanted it to.

Previous expansions will come in time, just as they said they would when they announced this feature.

1 Like

The shared rep was widely and clearly publicized as DF and TWW only, and that they would work backwards from there over time. Well documented, clear, and publicized well in advanced.

3 Likes

Some of them they said are going to remain character based and I bet that’s one of them

yet

No, you just didn’t bother to pay attention to multiple comments from the devs about this exact thing. You cannot blame the devs for your willful ignorance.

1 Like

Warbands is like the 5 TWW reps and people are having their minds blown that blizz is letting BOAs rebranded as “Warband” drop in dungeons and raids :exploding_head:

edit: they also used Warband rebranding as an excuse to give us less currency for timewalking.

1 Like

They’ve said that they’re going to be working on making the stuff account wide retroactively from DF. It’s going to take a bit, just be patient.

Mostly just standard false advertising from blizz.
Tonnes of people on copium ready to defend the corporation though, watch out for they/them

If I’m going to be dissapointed in myself over something it’s not going to be this. Being a jackhole on the forums and talking out my azz to people asking for clarification would definitely be though.

1 Like

They want to do all REPs , but claim “it is difficult” and then turned around and stated “Character Meaning” and kept even some DF character specific. Then went on to say how “Most reps are character specific due to sense of identity and achievement.”

The team is torn between Modern QoL and Archaic Elitist “Sense of Achievement Per Character” design philosophy. Basically once most of the ego driven dev’s realize the game is too big and needs the modern QoL we will probably see: reverting currency gain nerfs, full account wide reputations, return of removed cosmetics / mounts to be earned in relevant content, etc.

1 Like

Anyone with a sense of achievement from doing a video game thing needs their head examined.

1 Like