Warband Bank is honestly really bad

One “like” wasn’t enough. I really appreciate the link, I’m a stickler for icons and this gets my OCD in check.

2 Likes

Glad I could help! I know how you feel I’m pretty OCD about my whole UI. I’ve used LargerMacroIconSelection for a long time and I’m really they added support for Warbanks.

1 Like

I spent so long looking for the OG Engineering Icon and others. Man that is a lot to sift through. Great addon.

1 Like

Yet they keep ramming down our throats sick off getting the warband quest.

Then maybe complete it. :person_gesturing_no:

1 Like

It’s getting spicy in here.

2 Likes

Your point is not that good? The war bank let’s you use the mats for crafting on all your toons on that account. So you can farm the mats on a toon (if you do this) that has say mining and herbalism, abs pop them into the bank for your alchemist to use without needing to withdraw them. You save more time than having to use the guild bank and needing to physically go to a city and withdraw.

The war bank also let’s you use it anywhere. You can just log in from anywhere and use it. If I remember, you will be able to earn something that reduces the cooldown from three hours.

The only downside is if you are paying for multiple accounts. If that’s you… well, the system wasn’t designed for that. A lot of the systems aren’t like the reps that are account bound as well, like the Reknown.

I, for one, welcome what they’ve brought.

5 Likes

no way till they fix up all my reps.

maybe they don’t feel like fixing the reps until you’ve done the quest

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s not working properly, or if I simply misunderstood.

I thought that you could deposit gold in the warband bank, and then spend it from the bank on any character. But it doesn’t let me do that. Is there an option I have to click? Or did I misunderstand how it works, and that function is just so you can deposit on one character, and withdraw on another?

1 Like

That’s a bad excuse – then why have the mobile function at all? Or, I agree, just don’t have it. But the differential, again, makes no sense.

Isn’t the Warbank account-specific, so you shouldn’t be able to access one account’s Warbank on another account?

1 Like

Okay. I have two accounts, and I don’t see any downside to the warbank. I can put stuff in it. Characters on any realm on either account can access it. I don’t really need to have both accounts open at once. Would it be cool if I could? Sure. But it’s not a big deal to me.

1 Like

For players with just one character they play, it is more or less just an extra reagent Bank. For people that play multiple characters, it can be a reagent Bank shared between all of them, as well as a place to throw in gold or other account bound tokens so they don’t need to worry about trying to mail things to alts, or worry about trying to send cross server gold, since the war band Bank removes the need to use a middleman.

2 Likes

This exists in a category that isn’t even reasonable to call first world problems. It is a problem that simply does not matter to more than a very small rounding error’s worth of people.

Calling it “honestly really bad” as a result of this issue is laughably nonsensical.

3 Likes

It’s Battlenet specific. You can have up to five accounts (I believe) on one Battlenet account. All the accounts on a single Battlenet account can access the bank. But if you have two separate Battlenet accounts, they can’t share the bank.

1 Like

Ah right, I forgot about separate accounts can still be connected to a primary one.

Because they don’t play the game the way players do. The warband is intended to be utilized by people with lots of alts. It’s not unusual to have multiple accounts. But given that working for Blizzard is more than a full-time job, it’s doubtful that more than a few play lots of alts, let alone seriously. Look at the character selection screen, which illustrates the same problem. They don’t play the game the way people who they designed it for do, and they didn’t do research because why bother asking people what they want, when players are always wrong?

Eight accounts on one bnet.

1 Like

Wow, that’s more than I thought. Thanks for the info.

so you can access it when there’s not a convenient bank.

how does that not make sense?

4 Likes