War Within Class Tuning Incoming – September 3

Please consider reverting the Burden of Power change and instead nerf other parts to the hero talents to rein in sunfury arcane. This nerf is the worst possible change you can do. The gameplay was fun but instead of using other available tuning knobs the fun is now ruined. Hundreds of hours of theorycrafting from the community members that do this for free are now wasted. This is the type of change you do in the beta cycle and not week one of an expansion

7 Likes

Please revert spell queue change and aura nerf instead it takes away from sunfury its also a spit in the face to everyone who does theory crafting its very out of touch we have gone through this before

5 Likes

We will still hit like wet noodles :dracthyr_cry_animated:

3 Likes

That’s the DPS changes.

Tank and Heals up next.

1 Like

While it’s a buff, don’t think this change is good because PW initial hit is unaffected by BT/LS, which means shifting too much priority to Biting over PW-Rip snapshotting with BT in AOE. It’s not good for gameplay and muddies the water with finisher priorities as well, when generally before its common to prioritise Rip snapshots in AOE, then afterwards you have a bit more choice in whether to weave Bites or top up Rip again. i.e last BT charge prioritising on Rips over Bite. I think it was also just nice to not have BT too impactful on things like Apex in situations you could just spam your procs and not need to concern yourself too much with having BT up all the time. Above all I just liked when you did end up at 5cp without BT charges, could hit Bite and not lose too much, and was almost like a reward for not overwriting your Rips early without BT.

I also think this makes Druid of the Claw tree far less interesting because it made the choice between Primal Wrath and Bite in AOE super interesting where both were very strong but one favoured priority-AOE and the other pure-AOE, with the latter also affording you the opportunity to focus on keeping Rip durations up more so you could spend your Ravage procs more easily. Now it’s just always better to weave Bites really and becomes too similar to Wildstalker.

Similar to above, think its maybe its putting too much of our AOE dmg profile into RF/bite stuff, and might be punishing where its not always viable to run it in raid fights, yet is nice still being able to do decent AOE with just PW in combination with other nodes.

Ultimately bit of an overreaction to a single non-Predatory Swiftness build, think you could have achieved the same thing by buffing Rip slightly, buffing BT/LS slightly, adding PW to BT + nerfing base RF with BT/LS amp added, or simply leaving it and aura buffing Feral (because the non-PS build wasn’t viable for any serious content anyway).

edit: in terms of sims it’s a gain to favour Biting over upgrading Rips in AOE which is very contradictory to the core of Feral.

5 Likes

awkward to a point that who will want to play like this? Better probably spellslinger or other spec, they will do better now for sure… its beyong awkward, they simply killed arcane sunfury.
And didnt make fire viable either. So what is left is Frost/Arcane+Spellslinger?

3 Likes

Nerf arcanes damage but please don’t gut the sunfury rotation

12 Likes

Ret needs ST buffs.

7 Likes

Earlier this month, the change to make Nether Precision no longer double dip was reverted. You correctly identified it was positive for Arcane rotationally. Today, you went against your own wisdom.

Shame.

13 Likes

Please please please don’t kill doubling dipping with arcane. You can reduce the damage without ruining the rotation. I just came back to arcane because it was finally fun again.

11 Likes

Adding my voice to the chorus: Changing Burden double dipping, especially this close to the raid launch when the expansion has begun, is inane.

It changes the entire rotation, which will make people who chose to main mage based on enjoying that rotation unhappy. It’s an effective rework to the spec that isn’t what is supposed to happen at this stage. The numbers needed to be nerfed and should be nerfed, but the design of the spec and hero trees underneath it shouldn’t be. There are many tuning knobs that could have been used to lower numbers without changing how we play, and I would implore you to use those tuning knobs instead.

15 Likes

I typically don’t post on forums but dear god I’ve always been loyal to my rogue, I know assassination excels in single target, but can we get some tuning so we’re not so squishy, and deathstalker mark can only be applied from ambush in stealth, mechanics that keep us from stealth for longer/stealth breaking from NPC interactions, forced combat from quests. The whole tree revolves around hitting an enemy with ambush from stealth, if we’re unable to do this one thing, the whole tree is pointless, no other way to apply it unless we’ve got a 30 second buff from either exhausting all charges on a beefy target, or it dying…and to apply it we have to build our ever expanding pool of combo points, 300 energy and 7 combo points is just silly at this point rather than cool.

My final complaint is that the anima charged combo points from echoing reprimand will not apply count as a full combo point envenom, to apply the deathstalkers mark. Fun concept but only one way to apply it, and then having to burn vanish just to apply if you accidentally garrote (as they’ve been teaching and empowering garrote from stealth since they’ve made it a PVE staple of the spec) or have combat forced and can’t position yourself to clench the ambush before aoe damage removes stealth

2 Likes

No, SS is so far behind we will all have to play 2 button frost again.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right. Every mage spec is based around spell queuing, we cannot even pretend that it isn’t central to how they were built to function.

• Fire spell queues so that they can hit critical strikes in a row and build Hot Streaks
  • Frost spell queues so that they can use the Shatter mechanic on Glacial Spike and Frostbolt
  • Arcane spell queues to be able to control / maximize their buff tracking

In each case, it adds in a meaningful way to the enjoyment and fantasy of the spec. I really hope they don’t try to remove it (sometimes) for Arcane. It would be demonstrably less fun.

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure why this trinket is so good, either. I have the normal version of it, that I just randomly got after hitting 80… I can’t see myself farming heroics for this, much less after mythics and raid go live.

They just nurfed our scaling. I think it’s a tiny buff in the gear we have now but is a nurf for late game.

I lose 4.12% damage in mastery and gain 5%, + .88%. With my trinket active I lose 5.26% damage in mastery then gain 5% that’s -.74%. Feel like I’ve actually gained nothing and will lose in the future.

“Oh no, Frost DKs are doing well and having fun again, we can’t have that!” I’ll reserve the majority of my judgment until I see how the nerf feels, but it seems like whenever Frost starts to pull ahead they immediately get smacked back down

7 Likes

Rather a % increase to Rip damage so it’ll help st and aoe

1 Like

Please… Stop treating spell queuing like it’s some abomination that needs fixing when literally every Mage spec has been using it for over a decade.

8 Likes