War Within Alpha Story Spoilers

Part of the intro involves a reunion with Magni, who hasnt spoken with Azeroth in some time.

1 Like

I saw some photos of Silver Covenant/Sunreavers around the ruins in MMO. They’re in the distance. They look to be defending the area.

1 Like

Hrmn… anyone want to speculate on Khadgar’s afterlife assignment?

Does he go to Revendreth to improve himself?
Was he secretly bloodthirsty all this time and due for Maldraxxus?
Did he really like those long walks through the woods, and off to Ardenweald?

Bastion?

No. I gotta friend. He died, but he got better. Now he rides with the Darkfallen and the Death Knights. :rofl:

I’m hoping they don’t kill Khadgar… I don’t want to imagine him shuddering being judged by the new arbiter… Maybe he’ll be on assignment with Sylvanas to clean out the Maw.

I can’t imagine a worse fate.

1 Like

But one he can do with a smile. I really hope he doesn’t die… or if he does… he doesn’t stay dead. If Medivh can be brought back to life by his mom. Surely Medivh or someone can do the same for our Dadgar.

1 Like

He’s undead but not Forsaken. Not Horde-aligned or even Horde-adjacent.

Calia only counts (barely) because she volunteered for it, which Meryl has not done and has no reason to do.

I hated the Legion mage hall campaign, which he led. Couldn’t even be bothered to finish it, and I never want to see his face or have to work with him again.

Hmm … reconciliation in preparation for that “elven unification” thing?

2 Likes

Any signs of Hathorel, Uda, Elsia or Girana?

Sure, let’s do that and just turn the entire Forsaken active character roster into grafts from outside: Lillian, Calia, Derek, and now Meryl! Why bother to develop any of the actual Forsaken characters?

9 Likes

Let the Black Bride do something and bring back the Nazmir squad!

9 Likes

The nazmir squad were so much fun to quest with. I agree that they need to make a comeback

4 Likes

Couldn’t they have used another Alliance character instead of the same one?
The Alliance in particular is not lacking in characters.

1 Like

Dalaran is likely gone for good. The infrastructure that let it fly is for sure broken beyond repair and and its structurally a… well… wreck. It would not surprise me if the Blue draognflight did not absorb the remnants of the Kirin Tor in a manner akin to how the Bronze flight has its mortal timewalkers to assist them.

It’s not bad as long as it doesn’t happen off-screen. Let the villains pose a real threat!

1 Like

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1158562.jpg

Looking at the angle of the debris field… I am curious if the lower parts of Dalaran are down in the ocean if the entire city is supposed to of fallen.

4 Likes

Won’t lie here, this thought genuinely crossed my mind at one point when considering the possibility of it being a fake-out. It would be a cool way to keep the character but retire the VA if Medivh (or someone else) used strong magic to bring him back that also changed him physically.

But I don’t think it will happen. It just doesn’t feel like Blizz’s writing as of late. I’d love to be wrong in this case, though.

2 Likes

Let them pose a real threat by killing someone else! I nominate Kalecgos.

4 Likes

What? You mean you don’t like being spammed every time someone gets the taragosa legendary?

1 Like

Name another Alliance mage who’s not C list or below.

Sad to say, Jaina’s literally our best and only mage. Our next most notable is probably comrade Umbric, who’s not pure mage but sitting at C tier, and then afterwards you MIGHT be able to bring up Archmage Y’mera, who’d be about a D tier. Mordent Evenshade sits between D and F due to the Highborne narrative.

I suppose Blizzard could invent a brand new mage character, but the racial pool brings up an assortment of issues.

Human? Alliance has enough of them.
Dwarf? Cool, but Dagran needs spotlight. If he’s a mage that’d be awesome, but we’ve little evidence that he’s any class just yet.
Gnome? Milhouse Manastorm could’ve been an awesome mage, but they made him into a joke character, which is the fate of 95% of Gnomes.
Night Elf? While there’d be some logic in a Highborne being an OP mage, part of their narrative is how old and outdated their magic is.
Worgen? Gilneas didn’t exactly have a plethora of mages to begin with, and while one rising would be cool, if this happens while Tess remains hardly used and thus not really cemented as Queen, it’ll undermine her role in the narrative.
Pandaren? I don’t know why, but Blizzard doesn’t do anything with them. I think maybe there’s some unwritten rule that such a development would need to be mirrored over on the Horde.

Allied Races pose similar problems.

Void Elf? They’re shadow casters, not mages, which is Umbric’s issue. Alternatively Blizzard could whip out a brand new High Elf who’s an OP archmage, but then the question of where this character has been for WoW’s lifetime needs answering.
Lightforged Draenei? See Archmage Y’mera.
Dark Iron Dwarf? See Dagran. I think it’d be great if he were a mage, but we need to wait and see.
Kul Tiran? Jaina, who’s already the Alliance’s go-to mage.
Mechagnome? See the issue with Gnomes in general. They’d probably never stop making jokes about arcane missiles using actual missiles.

Dracthyr? Blizzard doesn’t want them to be anything but Evokers, let alone have any take a spotlight whom isn’t an Evoker. There may also be the Pandaren issue of mirroring such a development amongst the Horde’s Dracthyr.

Sad to say, the Alliance doesn’t have a great list of backup mages should Jaina get the Varian/Vol’jin treatment. Kind of like how the Alliance hasn’t had any notable Paladins between Bolvar’s death, and Turalyon’s return.

Not to sound snarky buy Im afraid it will come off that way but, what infrastructure? Its not like they had giant fans attached pointing down or a big helium balloon. Like, Im pretty sure it was just :sparkles:magic :sparkles:

8 Likes