War Within Alpha Story Spoilers

You know thinking about Dalaran even more it was probably always a bad idea to try to turn an entire city into what is effectively a flying fortress for the simple reason it would have too many civilians.

It might be more impressive it lasted this long without getting destroyed.

4 Likes

Even when Dalaran, a city you keep dying on a hill crying ā€œit is an alliance cityā€, gets destroyed, you are still not happy.

Honestly at this point, what will make you happy? Cause it seems nothing will. And at that point, I think you should just walk away. For yours and our sakes.

11 Likes

Iā€™m sure I killed lots of humans in BFA during the Kul Tiras questing.

In fact one of the returning dungeons for TWW season 1 has a human boss in it (two for horde). That being Siege of Boralus.

1 Like

I only count canon deaths of actual lore characters.

TIL all those character with names we interact/quest/raid/kill throughout the game are figments of our imagination

6 Likes

Personally, Iā€™m not 100% convinced that heā€™s actually going to die, but that heā€™ll instead be missing and presumed dead (kinda like when he was on Draenor after the Dark Portal was destroyed).

Heā€™s barely done anything since officially becoming the Guardian, since heā€™s pretty much taken a back-seat role since Illidan returned. I donā€™t see them killing him off without at least letting him have a few more big moments in the spotlight.

They did that with Volā€™jin and have been in the process of bringing him back for a while now.

Maybe in the Last Titan or something sounds more fitting.

Itā€™s a rather long list of humans that died than. After all, if theyā€™re named and are killed, it still counts

3 Likes

IF we go by the actual game alone the Horde deaths are much more then any human could be concerned.

After looking at this in more detail, it looks like maybe only a part of Dalaran fell? From the wider ā€˜top-downā€™ view, it looks like just the violet citadel portion. Unless they just couldnā€™t include the whole thing in the art asset? The quest text does imply the entire city thoughā€¦ interesting.

Iā€™ll be bummed if we lose Dadghar!

1 Like

On reddit, there was some images with source i dont know and about dalaran it seems like:

The bulk of dalaran can be seen destroyed and covered in spider web like structures.

8 Likes

Oh dang! :anguished: Wishful thinking on my part, I suppose! :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m torn. I LOVE Dalaran, but I also think itā€™s a really cool entry into an expansion that we havenā€™t quite encountered much. Gives me ā€œLegionā€ feels where we were kindā€™ve just dropped into chaos on the Broken Shore!

3 Likes

Heā€™s not the Guardian though

4 Likes

So dungeon bosses are not lore characters?

Well, I guess AU Nerā€™zhul is not an actual lore character by Ereviens logic. Nor is MU Kargath. Nor King Dazar of the Zandalari.

2 Likes

By ereviens logic, no horde characters have actually died. Ever. :rofl:

2 Likes

Those were never villains just misunderstood

Unless Iā€™m misremembering, he became the Guardian in Legion Karazhan.

Medivh returned and talked to him about it at the end of the dungeon.

1 Like

Kinda.

Khadgar plays the role of a guardian, but without the powers of one. His whole thing is knowing he isnā€™t enough on his own and that is why he always gathers groups of adventurers to help him.

3 Likes

Yeah, Medivhs argument is that power alone does not define a Guardian, but their strength of will and character. He [Medivh] was all powerful yet he failed in his duties. Although having the soul of Sargeras inside you since conception did not help :stuck_out_tongue:. So while he had strength of character, he did not have strength of will. Likewise Aegwynn was strong in will, but not in character. However Khadgar stepped up to become Azeroths Guardian in everything but name. Medivh was simply giving him the title. As he [Khadgar] succeeded when Medivh and his mother failed.

2 Likes

Actually with magic they can speed up the construction we saw that in the Third War campaign for the Blood Elves and in Vanilla they were still rebuilding it. I suspect if the next expansion takes 2 years thatā€™s enough time for the city to be rebuilt. If China can build a city in less time. Mages in the Kirin Tor can do that as well.

I donā€™t think Dalaran is gone for good or that the Kirin Tor will be defunct. They have a crater with a population guarding there section of Hillsbrad Foothills and the survivors at the Isle of Dorn can teleport there and begin the process again.

In fairness, one is a just a glorified flying barge which the Alliance has made multiple of and have probably already build a replacement, the other is a whole city. One doesnā€™t get rebuilt cause its not meant to get rebuilt. The otherā€¦ 50/50. Iā€™d personally like to see a Dalaran back in the ground at some point but thats neither here nor there atm.

3 Likes