War Within Alpha Story Spoilers

Agreed, and I think this poses a rather interesting question. Now that nation of Dalaran is basically gone, seeing as they have no land outside of the city itself, what’s going to become of the kirin tor? Could we be seeing them absorbed back into the alliance as their group of magi? Does this mean the Sunreavers will finally become a horde exclusive mage group finally giving players magic representation on both sides? Something people on this forum have been asking for a very long time.

1 Like

There are many Sunreaver NPCs left who deserve attention.

Not so much a story spoiler, but blizz is planning on early within TWW to allow the Dracthyr to roll other classes. Which is awesome :dracthyr_nod:

4 Likes

I think Aethas took his spot. Some people would say it’s karma.

I take Meryl over Umbric any day. If Aethas got his job back then he better protect the Sunreavers next time Vereesa becomes unhinged.

The ruins look like the Violet Hold. If it’s destroyed than the Nightborne Soulstone holding Kathra’natir is also missing or damaged.

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to it and hope the story will be more interesting and epic than Dragonflight. Also an interesting selection of characters. I think it’s particularly great that Moira and her son are there. However, I’m worried about the Horde. It’s a shame that the Horde is so underdeveloped. Because it is never used.
Maybe something else will happen.

Can we really count Thrall as part of the Horde? He seems to be like Khadgar, namely neutral

1 Like

Pray nothing happens with the Horde. If Talanji shows up she will most likley fall to her knees and beg Jaina for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Talanji is going to be present as well. Just not in the initial landing.

3 Likes

Oh, I remember you. You’re the one with the mental illness who treats this video game like it’s a real life political conflict.
I thought I had all your accounts blocked. Did you make a new one?

Nope this is the one I used for years. Talanji better not show up at all I don’t want to see her sharing tongue kisses with Jaina just so Blizzard can exploit more alliance bias.

1 Like

I’m not holding my breath, personally. Blizzard has done an absolutely terrible job of showing a rich diversity in any of the classes—the Legion order halls just picked one single flavor for each class and shoved all the variants into it whether they belonged or not. I fear that the disappearance of Dalaran will just lead to mages becoming irrelevant going forward, apart from Jaina turning up every once in a while to pull off godlike tricks and/or wibble about how sad she is.

(ETA: I guess I should give them credit for making the different animal forms for different types of druids. But even then, when they want to make a druid outpost, it’s pretty much always the Night Elf aesthetic.)

3 Likes

Let’s try to stay positive and hope for a better story for the Horde :slight_smile:

Talanji is a more interesting choice than this Thrall.

2 Likes

I’m sure it will be like “Woah, you’re very disntantly related to Anduin Lothar! Anyway” It’s not surprising that we might see some familiar family names, but these are very distanct branches of the family. The name is really all they have in common.

8 Likes

Hoping for the Sunreavers and Silver Covenant to survive with minimal causalities and my boy Khadgar to make it out okay.

1 Like

What Horde. The Horde died in Bfa.

Don’t give them any ideas!

I already saw the worst Blizzard can do nothing shocks me anymore.

Half of it is on the Shoreline but where’s the rest of the Dalaran Landmass Chunks?

2 Likes

Maybe Dalaran isn’t COMPLETELY destroyed?

6 Likes