War Within Alpha Story Spoilers

I wonder if this is for testing a new type of layout or something to ease feelings of claustrophobes (Blizzard made a point about the latter in a trailer).

I think it’s neat Harronir and Drogbar appear to share the same underground language.

1 Like

Sounds about right for us deaders

13 Likes

Considering their shared grief with the Alliance this feels so natural.

2 Likes

I highly doubt this, the story we got in DF was that some creatures moved in at some point later, not to mention that this would retcon the whole part of trolls being one of the few native races to arise on the planet.

This is news to me, when did we learn they share a language?

3 Likes

Could be! It just would not suprise me if they took an unexpected angle with the Harronir predating the trolls and elves and being the origin point of both. It is a thing Blizzard likes doing.

1 Like

There’s no proof they do afaik, but I did notice from the start that “Harronir” kind of sounds like “Shan-Ronir.” It’s what Drogbar NPC’s in the Broken Isles occasionally call you. “Ronir,” means “Tauren.” “Shan” is presumed to be “lover.”

1 Like

So what happens at the end of Azj-Kahet?

Yeah? They gonna say “brul” a lot and try to fist-bump you? Cause I loved that in Legion.

It’s a pretty neat theory. Can sorta see a slight resemblance between both groups

3 Likes

There was Drogbar spotted in Az-Kahet.

Xal’atath says that Neltharion possibly created the Drogbar. Not sure if that’s true or not.

2 Likes

It’s possible Nethelarion could have quickened the evolutionary process from Harronir to Drogbar, to create a better and more subservient slave race for the black flight after he succumbed to the void whispers

I have nothing to back that up though, other than the similar appearances and Deathwings penchant for experimenting on sentient beings to try and create something better

2 Likes

If the Titans were already doing it then why not right?

2 Likes

Right, I’m sure as arrogant as Nethalarion was, and with the void whispering to him constantly, he could have thought it was his right to make everyone serve him and his flight.

Which we know he and his children had a habit of trying to do with the various mortal races they infiltrated

3 Likes

Hopefully he actually saves himself for once?

2 Likes

I do not think the dragons had anything to do with them, the roots were the domain of Freya, so perhaps she did something?

2 Likes

Anduin confirmed alive.

Beginning_Anew_From_Rock_Bottom

Do we have a story layout for Azj-Kahet yet? I turned on Hazel stream this evening while I ran some M+ and i distinctly recall glancing over the tv and noticing she found the Harronir lady Orwyenna or whatshername.

They also opened up the dungeons, right? Do we have the plot/setting yet?

Story layout for the zone is basically:

Recovering from attack where Anduin is captured, Arathi and you regroup. You go after the Harronir and encounter the roots of the Eonar-Elune world tree mentioned in 10.2, which are soaked in Old God blood. Most Harronir don’t really care (the blood was there a long time for no effects) but Orweyna does because the Nerubians have started harvest. Brief aside with them and a cutscene where they don’t want to talk with us.

Then we get a spider messenger that takes us to a Nerubian NPC called the Weaver, the Renown faction for the zone. She is forming a resistance against Xalatath’s mutation of the Nerubians and was a spymaster/assistant to the old Queen. She sends you into the City to investigate things and contact the Queen’s confidante, the Vizier for an alliance. He smuggled Anduin out of prison. You also encounter a Scarab Lord that joins up who is with Gazlowe.

Throughout all this you also encounter prisoners taken from Dalaran’s crash, a bunch of old NPCs but nobody super important.

Last act focuses on attending a big ceremony to spy on the Queen and Xalatath shows up. Alleria takes her shot to try and assassinate Xalatath but fails, but it was a trap,
leading to the group being chased out of the city and having to escape.

There is some neat Nerubian lore and worldbuilding throughout. They are mostly blind and identify people with scent (which is how you can infiltrate easily). There are some digs at the other aqir offshoots that are kind of funny. This group broke off from the Nerubians in Northrend a long time ago. Anu’barak asked them for help during the War of the Spider but the old queen instead closed all the tunnels to Northrend to protect themselves from the Lich King, hoping he’d find them too insignificant to hunt down.

10 Likes

Awesome! This section about infiltrating and spying kinda reminds me of Suramar

1 Like