War Within adding no Druid races?

Boy would I love some new ones man, we need it.

2 Likes

Being totally honest here, I think if they just added druid to every single race but allowed druids to copy forms from creatures all around the game; everyone would be happier. Imagine a crab feral form, or the giant rat from dalaran sewers as a guardian form. Just make us force-channel it like hunters do to tame, and let us keep that form until we channel a different creature. EZ.

1 Like

Amen, I gnome Druid would be cute and hilarious.

1 Like

I want a panda Druid , I mean it’s a bear FFS so why cant they make the animations work and at this point lore is no longer relevant after walking lizards.

1 Like

Personally while I don’t see myself as ever playing Pandaren, I definitely see why they’re loved and would want to be played as for druid. I’ve been wanting Human druid for a while now. I made a post on how Blizzard could simply add druid to all classes and just allow us to attune to animals throughout the game rather than us waiting on racial forms which I personally feel would be much better. Wolves, crabs, giant rats, turtles, dinos, like the opportunities are SO endless there for druids and it would make everyone unique.

1 Like

No Earthen Druids is a huge miss

We already have stoneform bears from Legion. Why not add a few crystals and call it earthen bear?

Id love to see a stone cat form or petrified tree!

2 Likes

I thought this too. I’m not interested in Earthen, but just seeing any new druid race(s) at all would have been a huge W in my book.

2 Likes

A new race for the druid may bring others to the class but the class tree will keep them away.

1 Like

God they are ugly though. Well imo they are. Worse than Kul Tiran.

I’d prefer more deluxe and stylish animations for the existing forms. IF we got the ability to copy a bunch of forms from random beasts I feel like we’d end up with quantity over quality. I guess we could still copy forms from things with the same bear skeleton, so that might work. I’m not hating on your idea I’d just prefer something else first.

It’s just… I’m looking at my Raze, Swipe and Thrash and its borderline just the same simple little swipe animation… looks pretty basic. Especially comparing the animations some of the other tanks like Vengeance or Prot Paladin. Especially with some of the new hero talents.

But I think top priority would be looking at the Guardian Talent tree. Isn’t it the only spec in the game that’s not been touched at all going into TWW?
Feels bad putting like 5 points into berserk. Also we gotta hit a capstone talent for Elune’s chosen to even function… kinda crazy how limited it is towards the end of the tree.

This gets quoted a lot, but I’ve never seen good evidence that number isn’t wildly inflated by druids being such a popular class for bots.

If you filter on Max level characters, you’re going to capture the endless sea of druid bots.

Looks like if you look at mythic plus timed runs, all levels, druids are pretty meh distribution. About 8% combining all of their specs. Exceeded by demon hunters, priests, and wildly exceeded by paladins. Equivalent to hunter.

1 Like

Now add raids to that. This isn’t some conspiracy theory…druid is one of the most played classes. Don’t be daft.

I agree a new race would be a very hype addition.

1 Like

Using mythic + as a reference for anything completely discredits the argument. The amount of players who do mythic + are in the minority of the player base.

The simple fact is that the majority of players are casual players who do quests, collect stuff like mounts, do a couple raids with friends whether it’s a normal or looking for group, and maybe does a mythic plus every now and then.

1 Like

I actually would love to be able to play a dwarf druid if Blizzard ever added one, but I’m never race changing away from night elf.

1 Like

"Heather Newman: Do we have a sense for how popular Mythic Plus dungeons are at this point?

Morgan Day: We added Mythic Plus dungeons in Legion almost as like an experiment. We weren’t really sure how it was going to be received by the community. I don’t know exactly, but close to half or over half of the people who are at max level are engaging in the Mythic Plus dungeons."

You not liking mythic plus doesn’t really impact reality.

Above quotes were roughly 5 years ago, but I’m going to go out on a limb and suspect that mythic plus is just as popular as it has ever been. The data probably even exists for keystone completions by season, which would be a decent proxy for if interest has increased or decreased.

Hopping a little more on topic, there’s so many races that they could just slap onto druid and call it a day. Personally I would rather them just allow all races to be druids, then add the racial forms later.

1 Like

As horde goes I would love to be a vulpera or something other than troll and tauren. It’s gets tiring being only one of two race types that I spend more time shape shifted just so I don’t have to look at myself (resto tree included)

1 Like