War Within adding no Druid races?

DF beta spec trees and TWW alpha class trees. Never gonna change.

God they are fugly though

I believe if a Tauren and a Troll can be a Druid then, so should a Draenei. If a Worgen can be a Druid then, so should a Vulpera. If a Kul Tiran can be a druid then, so should a human. And speaking of Tauren, Worgen and Vulpera why not Panda Druids. Night Elves can be Druids, so why not the other 3 Elf Races.

I believe there is no reason why Druids are such a limited class when there are so many races to choose from. As for horde all they get are the two most ugly races in the game. I want to make a horde Druid but not until there is a better race that can be a druid.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I would be okay with them just adding races with the default Tauren and Night elf forms as their shapeshifts to other races and adding better racial shapeshifts as time goes on at this point. I understand how some races may not fit the bill for some people for becoming a druid like Undead or Mechagnome, but some people have made amazing points even for those races like another recent post.
Right now as much as I hate to say it, I just don’t get to have many ‘cute’ race options as the only class I really love, so that’s the main hang-up for me. Druids did get spoiled with a lot of new forms in general for Dragonflight and I really appreciate it, but man I’ve been stuck as a Night Elf forever.

1 Like

Heh, at this point they’re just leaving money on the table. Not to give them any wild ideas, but the amount of real money I’d pay to have a Draenei Druid today is … a lot.

I’m so glad they paused the class unraveling. I actually prefer druids being an exclusive order. I think it makes sense and fits with the secret forest mystique. Maybe I read too many corny fantasies a la Mists of Avalon, but not everyone gets through the veil.

:woman_facepalming:t2:
The worst, most antithetical thing Blizz could do would be to shoehorn BElves/VElves/NB into the Cenarion Circle. Let Night Elves keep this distinction to emphasize the contrast between their culture vs the other elves.

I’m stayin nelf bc nelf is best lol

2 Likes

Ian said in a recent interview Drakthyr will get to play other classes, but dont expect that at TWW launch. Maybe druid will be one of the choices if you’re lucky.

to be fair, DF added a LOT to Druids customization wise. Was shocked at lack of Shaman updates though. i’d have thought BOTH the nature-based classes would get love in a primordial patch/xpac cycle.

You’d think. I was so convinced the unannounced, Emerald Dream legendary would be a druid leggo. But no, Shadowmourne 2.0.

I admit, applying the dragon customization architecture to Druid forms was a stroke of genius. But, tbh, I’d trade it in a heartbeat for a well designed class.

1 Like

While Harronir Druids seem like the most plausibly upcoming option in/after The War Within, what I’d really want is to play one of the Horde Elven races (Blood Elf / Nightborne - IMO should have been released w/ Druid). Alternatively, I’d love Dracthyr (Visage)(which is probably more likely to become Druid than the Thalassian Elves) for the vibes, or Void Elf for the passive. Here’s to hoping for more Druid races someday in the relatively-near future! :smiley:

1 Like

I’d like to eventually see Celestial-themed Pandaren druids, but I’m not sure the world is ready for black ox bear form, white tiger cat form, jade serpent flight form, or red crane moonkin form.

2 Likes

Celestial themed Pandaren druids would be a very good touch. Also I wish the tree glyph for restoration’s old tree from had some barbershop compatibility. There are so many different treants in WoW and we got stuck with only one for a glyph. :c

3 Likes

okay, i’d roll one immediately. they’d actually find a way to be using 1 Celestial per spec.

Likely as the troll\night elf hyrbid allied race if we get it, which i am guessing we will.

Everyone should be a KT!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yeah, I even bought a race change with the slim hope. It will stay available til that one day hopefully comes.

Me wondering if new skins/looks at least for the bear/cat/travel forms

I still want playable Niffen. (i’m kidding… well, sort of…)
I do just wish we’d get more races for druid. Like I said before, I just want options. I do hope we get new forms for TWW though.

2 Likes

I think they’re being way too weird about races and druids. They should make good on their promise to open it up to all races by just making 1-2 sets of new forms (2 sets if they care about faction visuals) and all races outside the og druid races use those standard ones instead. If they’re super sensitive about mechagnomes as they’re cyborgs, just use the bfa models for creatures similar to the forms (like the cyber cats for feral and gorillas for guardian). This doesn’t have to be hard, they’re making it unnecessarily difficult. Same for other class/race specific things like totems for shamans, etc.

They already deleted race specific stuff for priests, not sure why they care about stuff like this now.

2 Likes