I do however believe the spawn is based on the zone, not a BfA-conent wide timer.
Markers on the ground can really help. Once you know for sure where it is going to drop, call in the rest of the group to rush that area and defend it.
If you want multiple air drops in a night you possibly need to switch zones after each drop; at least that's how it was for us. It seemed like the 15-25 minute respawn wasn't happening after we looted one in the zone as a group. We would swap to a new zone and were able to repeat the methods to get 4 in one night. EDIT: Although now that I think about it I believe we did see 2 from Tirisgarde Sounde (Horde claimed one), we did switch a lot after a certain point though.
There should be around 7 different points where they randomly drop per zone. I can't remember the exact numbers per zone. Whoever gets the achievements for looting it is based on luck, as some zones you can't possibly rush the zone with everyone in time. However there are a few very fun zones where you can get to at least most of them as a team hehehe.
You will need to look up the coordinates or map locations for the known areas, and good luck! There is an achievement for looting it first and make sure to let everyone get their round in. Or don't and be a troll.
In Stormsong the airdrop will nearly always drop slightly north, slightly south or on the outskirts of Brennadam. When I feel the need for some easy Conquest points I chill out in the Inn with the sound turned up high while doing something else (working, Youtube, reading a book), etc...As soon as you hear the plane, flick back to WoW and most of the time it's flying overhead. At least 40% of the time the crate is literally falling into my lap. The rest of the time I may have to do some scouting. Very ezy loot.
In Nazmir the only drop I know of is just west of Alliance base camp (East of the Horde camp) on the road so you can do the same thing. There may be other spots.
I’ve been trying to get one of the drops for months, but with no luck. I have seen several Blimps/Zeppelins fly by around every 20 min or so but none of them actually drop a crate as far as I can tell. No Notification of any kind that one has dropped in the Zone. Could it be that they no longer drop for 120 characters? Or do they even drop at all any more?
They are dropping, you just aren’t close enough to the drop point to see. Get a group to spread out and wait for them, though I’m not sure what’s in them that’s worth the time.
I never see them solo. When I am in a large raid doing wpvp, they drop for us all the time now. Seems to relate to killing the enemy, makes sense.
The most valuable thing in them is the 50 Conquest.
Does that one supply drop still get stuck in a tree? I remember that during launch but not sure if they fixed it
I always end up hearing the plane while I am in “town”. Run out and look for the plane, see it drop, take the flight master to the nearest location and head out on foot.
I seem to drop about every 45 minutes from what I can tell.
Yes, One does sometimes land in a tree in Stormsong Valley.
Yeah, same deal in Zul… Wonder if there are any classes that can reach it. Double jumps or grappling hooks etc?