War mode is just a glorified PvE server

So you agree that the playerbase doesn’t actually want PvP servers, if they only way to get balanced PvP servers is to have blizzard artificially enforce it in SoD.

Looking at classic (who’s PvP servers you seem to think have a better model), the closest to balanced in the US is 70-30, and it’s the only OCE PvP server. Expanding to include EU, there’s one that’s 60-40, but again: it’s the only only Russian PvP server (And Russia plays on a separate client to comply with Russian laws).

1 Like

What? My mom just told me I had a skin condition!

2 Likes

They are, all 10 of them. Hard to find so few of each-other in a game this big though!

1 Like

Explain why.

I’m, by most metrics, a rabid pvper. I like to level with battlegrounds. I’ve dabbled in RBGs and arenas. Solo shuffle has been how I endgame.

I don’t really care for Warmode. It’s never an even fight. It’s hard to know if you’re jumping someone who would welcome a little round of fisticuffs or if you’re just being terribly rude to someone just trying to quest. And while you’re pondering that, someone without your scruples has ambushed you. And then the innocent leveler turns on you, too! It’s never really a fair fight, and some classes have a distinct advantage.

I tried. I didn’t really enjoy it. I’ll take my PvP instanced and entirely opt in.

1 Like

A lot of the psychology behind a forced pvp environment is there to induce the kind of experience we want. For example, war mode can be left at will, so the concept of danger doesn’t even really exist. Two, people turn it on preferentially, so the power balances between different levels or fighting over mobs isn’t there either.
And if that’s not your thing, there’s a very simple solution: don’t go to it. Yet it is you who is telling me why I should not have it.

That make 0 sense and I’m baffled you’re even making this statement. First of all, people willingly chose this. How are people willingly choosing a server locked mode gets rid of their free will to choose a server locked mode? Two, OP is literally asking for a single server and you guys still have a problem. It’s you not wanting choice given to players. I really don’t understand why you have such a problem with players being able to pick it. You can have your warmode on/off servers, and we can have one single pvp server. And still you have a problem. Do you understand your hypocrisy yet?

That’s just a self fulfilling prophecy. You neuter the concept and it becomes bad. That’s precisely the point of the thread.

I said when it first came out and even before that it’d be abused by PvE for bonuses. Remove all bonuses and make is so there’s zero incentive to play Warmode outside of just wanting to be in a PvP mode. They should also actively action accounts that abuse sharding and phasing to port raids in and out of areas to crush enemy factions. Nothing more weak than phasing in and out w/ groups to beat up people w/ a 10 or 20:1 ratio.

OR just delete pvp outside of arena (or even all of it) because it’s actually just a joke.

I was on a PvP server that I joined in BC.

When did we get War Mode? BfA?

So: BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion? Is that right?

Anyway, during that entire time, I was ganked, perhaps, 10 times. I was camped, perhaps, 3-4 times. I recall joining a fray with some others one day during WoD. I even did the whole Rogue thing in STV, ganking lowbies. I found it not fun.

My favorite encounter was leveling my Rogue in Ashenvale, and a Dwarf rode by me on the road. 10m later, he had turned around, hunted me down, killed me, and left. I though that was rather funny. Just once, didn’t camp me, just stopped his day, hunted me down, and left. I rezzed and continued on with my day.

But, fundamentally, I was on a PvP server and very little PvP happened. I’m sure there were more active servers, mine simply was not one of them. I rarely gave it a second thought.

You seem to have missed your own point…

The second quote was a joke because some people said to remove pvp from the game entirely

Returned to the game recently? I mean this has been known for quite awhile dude.

This was my exact experience leveling on the underrepresented side of a PvP server in Cata. Unless you played on one of the handful of servers where the community kept world PvP going most PvP servers weren’t that different from PvE ones.

1 Like

War Mode let’s me actually find old Rares.