War mode is just a glorified PvE server

Even if you can “opt in and out whenever” you can’t change my mind. It’s a “slightly” better version of a PvE server. A major downgrade from PvP servers.

3 Likes

I turned it on and leveled all the way to 60 and only got ganked once. Every other horde player I passed just ignored me, lol.

1 Like

I agree, delete pvp.

27 Likes

Because they are pve players that only turned it on for the extra rewards lol. Nobody actually battles

6 Likes

I pvp and i dont know why i should care about this. World PVP is ganking. Its skillless.

18 Likes

Totally with ya there. Make all servers pvp servers without the option of war mode. Always flagged. Glad we agree on this one.

Get rid of pve servers once and for all. Pvp only

3 Likes

It’s a huge upgrade from rule locked servers and not at all like a PvE server. On a PvE server flagged and unflagged players occupy the same space and can see each other.

The best comparison is the ability to free transfer from a PvE to PvP server whenever you’re in your capitol.

People who want PvP rule locked servers really just want victims to grief and gank and are sad that tons of people who really don’t enjoy that aren’t trapped in that ruleset anymore. The addition of War Mode showed you how popular that was and it wasn’t.

All War Mode needs to be better is to add more PvP War Mode on exclusive content to War Mode. Add PvP events and activities that promote world PvP and maybe more people would turn it on.

9 Likes

You should start a thread about “PVP servers only, delete PVE servers” and see how far that gets ya, lol.

9 Likes

It might be skilless but there were few things that felt as good as sneaking around ganking people on a rogue.
Like how cats play with mice.

It sucked for pretty much everyone else though.

1 Like

No lol because y’all had pve servers WITH what basically was “war mode” before. You could still flag for pvp on a pve server. Or do pvp bg or whatever you wanted. So yes, it’s a pve server with the “option” to pvp, just like it’s always been. It’s a pve server with a slightly different button

On a PvE server you can see flagged players while unflagged in the same place and opportunistically flag if you want to.

War Mode means you only see other people who have chosen the same ruleset. You can’t turn War Mode off on a whim, you have to go back to your capitol to change rulesets and then no longer see the people who were in the other ruleset outside of town.

If you have War Mode on, you are effectively on a PvP server. Everyone you encounter is flagged as if they were on a PvP server.

You are complaining that they can hearth and turn it off and that you can’t stalk them 24/7 like a psychopath. That is the only possible complaint you have. If you leave War Mode on at all times, you are on a PvP server and your only possible issue is that you can’t stalk a particular person all the time because they have the ability to leave and change rulesets.

4 Likes

PvP forums are that way ---->. Please post your PvP post there where they belong instead of GD where they do not.

Oh, your just trolling.

3 Likes

The only logical complaint.

1 Like

If you stayed in war mode all the time you would see the problems it causes

If you’re referring to joining world content groups, I do think the group finder needs to be better at identifying war mode on vs. off and letting you filter groups so you don’t even see the ones that aren’t in the same mode when you’re looking for world content groups.

World content, sharding, where you can flag/unflag, and other issues. I’ve actually experienced worse balancing problems in war mode retail than I ever have in a real pvp server playing SoD.

Not to mention summoning. If I get added to a group with some people not in war mode, guess where I gotta go? Back to a capital city.

It’s just because there’s like 10 people in war mode. Nobody does PvP in this game anymore. It’s abandoned. Sequestered. Like the human appendix. It’s only tolerated as long as it doesn’t cause any problems.

2 Likes

Yeah. Its pretty empty

It’s because most people, even ones that rolled on pvp servers in the past …don’t actually want to pvp

3 Likes

The most populated servers are pvp server in every other version except retail because it’s not offered. Some people have to turn off war mode to even play the game normally because it causes problems. I know I’ve had to turn it off plenty of times when I didn’t want to

Why aren’t all the people that want to PVP playing war mode?

2 Likes