War mode flying

Yea I mean imagine mining on a cliff you get the bounty now what? You have a choice jump to your death or hearth.

With that said do you still get no flying? I haven’t had that happen in awhile.

You only get a bounty from killing other players, and you need to kill a lot of them without dying to trigger a bounty. So you’d have to be fighting over those mining nodes to get a bounty up there.
Possible, yes, but every bounty I’ve seen has either been in a FFA pvp world quest area, or in a very populated world quest farming location.

Yes

Nope only 10.

Wrong. You have 9 kills and now you fly up to a mining node on a cliff someone else is there as well you kill them and it triggers the bounty.

Now I need to be able to fly to keep playing the game. I still need to be able to quest, mine, farm elites with a bounty. That’s how WPvP works. You still need to be able to do everything in the game just adding in WPvP.

Yes but sometimes previous interactions from hours ago still carry over. For example, I was killing players this morning right? Had to log off so I hearthed.

Came back few hours later, decided “ok let’s do some PvP” went to Hallowfall and within 1 minute, not having even killed anyone, I got bountied lol.

It’s very weird how it works.

You need 10 to trigger the Assassin buff, which then makes you eligible to become a bounty on an interval. It used to be every 10 minutes the server would select from eligible players to bounty, but now it seems to be on about 5-10 minutes?

You stay eligible to become a bounty even if you don’t have the Assassin buff so long as you haven’t died. Hearthing to clear bounty or assassin will still keep you eligible, hence why I was still able to despite logging off for hours.

Also yes you still can’t fly without a bounty. You might be mistaking assassin and bounty which are two different things.

1 Like

Forgot about the net today, I was hovering on my mount above a quest because there were 10 horde at it and i was waiting for them to leave cause im not gonna win a fight 10 vs 1 lol. One of them pulled out the net and dismounted me and i got massacred lol. Flying doesnt make you safe xD

2 Likes

Ahhh yes then I am mistaking them. Well that’s lame. If I can’t fly with bounty I’ll just jump off a ledge and suicide or hearth. You still need to play the game. I’ll just keep getting the Assasin buff and remove bounty when I get it till they fix the flying situation.

Why not wait at least a couple minutes for someone to try to fight you?
I mean, to each their own, but I find bounties a good way to find a skirmish.

Because waiting is not playing the game. I want organic PvP which is for players to attack me while I’m questing, mining a node, fighting some Elite etc.

I find more PvP when I’m just playing the game. There is no benefit to having a bounty since it prevents you from playing the game.

Hopefully this all makes sense. We can make WPvP better if we try.

1 Like

Because it often ends in being completely overwhelmed while the enemy, especially if fighting near or at a PvP WQ, which has no timer on resurrection because the graveyard auto resses every 30 seconds.

You could kill a group’s healer, but 10 seconds later the graveyard resurrects them at full Health/Mana and ready to jump right back into the fight.

I’m fine with waiting sometimes, specifically when I’m trying to bait people to me, but there are other times I barely enter the zone and I just want to have some fun killing people and chasing them down and all of a sudden I’m bountied before having even started.

EDIT: I literally just logged into the game, in Hallowfall at the inn. While I was typing this post, without even having to kill ANYONE yet, I got bountied.

Flying mounts could share CD with the hearthstone but both can be reset periodically like when the treasure plane pops up.

1 Like

You don’t get a bounty unless you’re an assassin, and you don’t get assassin unless you’ve killed 10 people without dying yourself.

I’ve never seen anyone with a bounty unless they were actually ganking other players. Certainly never seen one in the inn in a town.
Now granted, I’m not saying it didn’t happen to you, but I’ve never, ever heard of it happening before ever since it was introduced years ago, so if it is happening it sounds like a bug.

1 Like

Sadly this isn’t always the case. Like I explained above, the game makes a player eligible to become bounty after they’ve become an Assassin. If I’m an assassin and I got bounty, but then I hearth to Dornogol and log off for a few hours, when I come back, the game still recognizes me as being eligible to becoming a bounty, even if I don’t have Assassin anymore.

It’s because I’m not ineligible until I die. This has been a reoccurring bug since BfA. Blizzard doesn’t care about War Mode lol

I can get bounty rather quickly at the free 4 all events. They usually gang up on the Prot and I just Aoe everyone down then start executing. Mountain thane is a blast.

I’ve been dismounted off my dragon riding mount in PvP by something that has no audio or visible alert, as well as nothing in the combat log. It’s happened twice so far. Once in Hallowfall fighting a shaman, and once in The Ringing Deeps fighting a group of three (Monk, Priest, Evoker).

I’m not sure if Whirling surge shows up in combat log. It’s just the dragonriding skill that cost 3 vigor and dismounts players if you hit them. Also not sure if Netomatic shows up either? I’ve been getting reallly good with that thing.

If it’s a netomatic you will fall to your death. If it’s whirling surge you can glider out of it or use some other method if you have it.

1 Like

A rogue name Aragorn?

1 Like

Even if they removed flying, NE druids and rogues in general will still get away by using their skills, lol.

Also, don’t forget instant follower dungeon queues, to get out of dying, bounty or not. Flying had nothing to do with that, haha.

1 Like

The Netomatic has a sound alert when you’re being targeted. Unless it’s bugged and isn’t queuing the sound. It wasn’t whirling surge because there was no one in the air with me.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s hard to notice anyone was near you at the speeds people fly at and the render ranges.
For example a druid is probably the hardest to spot because they are just a small bird, so outside of the range of nameplates you won’t be able to see them very well.

Isn’t it just DK and Warlock?

Rogue has ridiculous fall distance.
Hunter and warrior can jump.
Mage can blink.
Priest has that hover move I don’t remember the name of.
Monk can torpedo, which is hilarious, or roll.
Who am I forgetting?

1 Like