War Effort Progress

Maybe moot at this stage if it hasn’t been planned for, but will there be a site listing showing the progress of each server like there was for vanilla’s war effort?

2 Likes

Why?

I looked for this myself because I loved watching the race as a kid in High School!

1 Like

There was a site in Vanilla, but the matts are done or are being gathered so quickly on servers this time that it no longer matters.

My server Sulfuras was first to complete it and it was done on day 1. We are a high pop server for sure!

yeah servers are like what 4 times what they were in vanilla, but they left the amount of mats needed the same as vanilla so Basically the mat requirement was a quarter of what was needed in vanilla, Because blizzard has no clue what they are doing

No they aren’t.

What evidence do you have to support this claim?

2 Likes

Honestly, regardless of what they would have done… it would have been met with backlash.

They opted to keep the war effort as it is, which brought the issue of everyone knowing the mats requirement and ofc having servers way past their original design capacity. So there is no surprise servers are done day 1.

Changing the mats for the effort or increasing the amount required would have had a sour response as well. People did not want them to make changes (rightly so) and increasing the mats flat out would have brought issues with lower pop servers.

From the horses mouth

9 Likes

Vanilla realms were around 2.5-3k

Just looking at warcraft logs, I know it dont account for everyone on a server and is not a 100% accurate count because its only the people that use the site, but that actually proves my point further because on that site some of the bigger servers whitemane and herod are over 9k players…

You’re referencing concurrent player caps on Vanilla realms but using the 9,000 characters recorded on warcraftlogs as evidence that realms are 4 times the size.

How many active players do you think Whitemane has? Let’s work through this so you can get an idea how wrong your 4 times statement is.

You conveniently use Blizzard quotes to support your false narratives when it suits you, then claim they lie when it doesn’t. That quote is what, a year old? Do you see Blizzard keeping us updated on every little thing? Things change, that quote is outdated.

I disagree if they had made server sizes the same as they were in vanilla ALOT of the problems with the game today would not be a problem.

You do it all the time brother. From the fact man I expected more than “well you cry out they lie”. For someone who always quotes em to prove their point, it must be heart crushing to see the blue post disproving your claim.

Edit: I also wanna point out that you quote blue posts that are older than the one I just quoted.

1 Like

Im not disagreeing, but the discussion was about the war effort, not wether their choice to have original server size was correct or not

Incendius has completed both their war effort and first scarab lord grind

I’m going to smash your false narrative right here, right now.

Anathema
US West
PvP 927

That’s a Medium realm, do you believe that Anathema is more populated than the most Full Vanilla realms? Try to say yes with a straight face.

Here’s a more recent quote by two days compared to the one you quoted:

Things change, stop trolling. You’re going to end up on vacation again.

How does it help me? Anathema is a dead server, it’s Medium pop.

That quote from a year ago you linked states that a Medium realm is larger than the most populated Vanilla realms. That’s clearly, to anyone with a lick of sense, an outdated statement.

I’m going to suggest you stop insulting me, unless you want another vacation. Abide by the forum rules of decorum.

They’ve been consistently stating the same things about botting for the last decade. I link posts from years ago and weeks ago that are consistently saying the same thing. What you’re doing is linking an obviously outdated statement, and not even the MOST RECENT statements about population they’ve made.

You’re not very good at this.

1 Like

Bro, for a person who bases his arguments around how they deal with botters based on blue posts from years ago, you should be more inclined to believe their blue posts from a few months ago no?

Or are you a hypocrite after all delimicus ;)))?

You are just mad you got beaten by your own game fact checker boy

1 Like

Medium realms are not larger than the most Full Vanilla realms. No realm has 4x the population of the most Full Vanilla realms.

On average, Vanilla realms had around 16,000 active players at the end of Vanilla. It’s very simple math, taking the number of servers and active subs we knew they had at the end of Vanilla and dividing the active subs by number of servers. Full Vanilla servers likely had 25,000 or so active players.

Do you believe Anathema has 25,000 active players? Honesty is something one should strive for, give it a try.