War Effort Progress

One could say the same to you bud

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Stop talking about his disciplinary actions that may or may not have been taken against him that is against form rules.

1 Like

Delimicus is a troll and actively spreads misinformation to try and illicit responses in players and get them banned. Anyone who does know population sizes are way, way higher now is just ignorant.

2 Likes

The person you disagreed with never said anything about “full vanilla realms”: That said I also would like some hard facts of your claims (in regards to the person you disagreed with, as well as this statement).

Your math won’t suffice and you obviously disagree with the blue post, so please mr. factman, do not let me down now

“On average, Vanilla realms had around 16,000 active players at the end of Vanilla.”

Yeah… no. By and large, the most populated classic servers right now, such as Whitemane and Herod, are over double the population numbers from most “full” servers in 2006. Their server infrastructure in 2006 wouldn’t support the demand some classic servers are seeing today. The “2500” number has been quoted to death over the years, I don’t think that is an exact number to rely upon but it’s generally accepted to be in the ballpark of what vanilla servers could handle in those days, in terms of peak concurrent players logged in. The largest classic servers see 3x that number on a daily basis.

I played vanilla. I didn’t know server caps or anything beyond what it said next to my server on the list, high or full during peak times. The world never felt as populated back then as it does on the server I play on in classic, which is Herod. And as such, there were no need for layers even, assuming that technology existed at the time which it didn’t.

1 Like

Populations are higher, they’re not 4x higher. I’ve been consistently dispelling false information and providing facts, the Blues on this forum have recognized that.

The concurrent player cap of Full realms at the end of Vanilla was 3,000-3,500. The concurrent caps now appear to be somewhat dynamic, but are roughly 5,000 players per layer. The servers that had an additional layer added during the pandemic never broke 7,500 concurrent players.

There were roughly 140 servers at the end of Vanilla in NA. The subscriber count for NA was about 3 million (worldwide it was 7.5 million and this was before WoW took off huge in China.) If you average the active sub count between those 140 servers that would be 21,000 people per server.

So yeah, I was wrong, the number would actually have been higher.

Except the one where you failed to provide proof for them not being 4x as high (any realm btw not just full ones)

yikes

1 Like

All your numbers are made up.

I’m on Whitemane, it has many times the number of players currently playing than a “Full” server in Vanilla.

No one knows for sure but back when the addon worked it was upwards of 13k+ players.

Blizzard has since broken the API for the census addon.

Now people did quit, so there might not be 4x the players now, but there definitely was back when Classic launched.

There are dead servers, but on the other spectrum there are layered servers like mine.

The addon still works and the concurrent player count on Whitemane has not been higher than about 7,500 since last year.

This is a fact.

No, they didn’t. Blizzard made the automatic SendWho() a protected function. The addon now uses hardware input (left and right mouse clicks) to send ManualWho() requests.

It’s 99% accurate with a small margin of error to account for people logging in and out during a scan. You can open your /who window and see what the addon is doing. I purge the data after each use, as I only use it to get concurrent online character numbers.

The number of people who have no clue what they’re talking about on this forum is bewildering.

I’m not discussing disciplinary actions, merely mentioning the fact he was given one for likely the same conduct he is displaying in this thread. If you believe I broke the rules, report me.

So they broke the original census one and they had to rework how the addon gathers the data? Its not exactly wrong what he said.

Also, the addon itself, as you describe it, might work accurately but it is useless if just one person is doing it for a limited amount of time. Nothing accurate can be gathered there on the whole server pop. So we rely on multiple people running it for multiple times for weeks on end to get an accurate data point on how servers actually look. That is not easy and there is no real proof on wether the numbers that are posted are actually accurate.

Im not sure where you get your numbers, but myself (and a lot of others I assume) rely on ironforge pro. Which is also inaccurate.

You claim people have no clue, but all you did in this post is claim things that have no basis and are dismantled by blue posts as well.

Its a bit yikes.

2 Likes

That is discussing it

dis·cuss

/dəˈskəs/

verb

gerund or present participle: discussing

1. talk about (something) with another person or group of people

“Merely Mentioning” is talking about it, talking about it is discussing it

What does any of this have to do with the war effort??

All I know is I’m on a layered server with atleast 7k+ players.

1 Like

You don’t need multiple people gathering data to get a concurrent player count. You can do this with two accounts running the Alliance and Horde populations at the same time.

I’ve done this many times in the past, and back in January/February before the pandemic really took hold, the number of players on Herod and Incendius (before the Exodus) never exceeded 4,000 concurrent players.

There’s far too many people conflating the numbers on ironforge.pro with concurrent player counts and comparing that to Vanilla concurrent caps.

This never happened, I’ve already explained it to you. I can’t make this any simpler for you, I’m sorry.

Unless you have both accounts running 24/7 without sleeping (and tbf a week is also not really representative) one person will not get the accurate data to display the actual server size.

So its inaccurate, like I said. Whats your point?

Yikes

Yes you are.

You do realize that was before Classic even launched, right? You do realize that was when they knew servers were going to be layered 4-5 times each, right? You do realize, even beyond that statement, there were additional posts about the realm population designations, right?

They completely changed the realm population indicator dynamics.

Things change.

You realize this was just an update on what is displayed on your login when you pick a realm right? They just changed the calculations on wether servers were considered medium, high or low.

In fact all this change did was elevate more low populated realms into the medium range, while the actual size of the realms has not changed significantly in terms of populace on each realm. The players are (or were) still there at the time. So the actual numbers stayed the same.

You can try to weasel your way out of your blunder but the more you talk and quote stuff the more nonsensical your argument becomes.

The fact remains classic servers in 2020 have more players on em than 2006 servers. As said by the blue post.

Just stop dude, everyone already knows you screwed up. Why dig your grave deeper?

1 Like

blizzard coulda spent money to make this event more fun and engaging for realms but they dont care anymore so

their excuse for not changing is utter PR nonsense crap.

they arent changing it because they are lazy. anyone with common sense knows that keeping the event the same as before would not create an equal experience and thats what matters.

1 Like

I’m confused why you argue with this person. They are on these forums all the time trolling people. He sits here and makes statements which you can easily disprove via Blizzard blue posts. He will continue to argue as if you are in fact wrong. He does it all the time. Stop feeding the troll.

3 Likes