Wanting to be hated

A couple points;
While true for the areas of Saxony and the Baltics, The primary method of ‘Christianization’ in Europe was historically evangelism, spreading through preaching.
Cultural Genocide would be the destruction of the myth entirely not its co-opting, or Syncretism.

I know I’m about 300 posts too late on this topic, but it doesn’t look like anyone pointed those out.

3 Likes

I have never been banned once from any social media website or method of communication (channel etc)

Fair points. I agree with most of it, but I think I have one disagreement, but before I get to that, I am going to thank you for disagreeing with me in a polite and constructive way.

I might argue that genocide only really requires the attempt to erase the myth entirely. Which there was a significant effort to do so well into 1500s. It is not so much that there wasn’t a genocide, and more so that the genocide was ultimately a failure.

Banning you would mean they are racists.

If I can offer some advice - don’t try to pursue a career in acting, because WOW, that was bad.

For the record, my sense of self worth is about nil. So chalk that up to another win for me.

2 Likes

So what am I missing? Akiyass argued with Baalsamael about racism, Baalsamael called those professing (Micâh?) pagan religions (Scandinavian myths?) Racists, briefly the topic of the influence of the “distant” past on the near past or present flared up.
Not that I remember any of this, but I correctly understood the main lines of controversy? Or have I again missed an important part?

1 Like

I mean, you’re pretty close. There is some other stuff, but it really doesn’t matter. I am really just here waiting for my DnD game to start because I have a degradation kink.

I won’t disagree on that, the more… outgoing monks caused many problems destroying old tales and legends that couldn’t be wrapped in a Jesus-related package.
One of the major reasons that a lot of Germanic/Baltic/Celtic myths are limited to single digits worth of writings themselves multiple centuries out of date.

I was more pointing towards the specific example as Syncretic rather then the whole of the history.

And just like that, the clouds part, and all becomes clear.

3 Likes

I can agree there… It is a long span of time. Hundreds of years. It’s not exactly cut and dry.

Why did I just read this entire thread? What am I doing with my life? I should go to bed…

Yo Amadis, you had a really good post. Sorry it turned into…uh…

This.

4 Likes

Ou. The first post became hidden.

Mass report spam fascists. How dare a non-white person have an opinion that deviates from the status quo. Must be a racist.

It will, probably, become unhidden after a community manager, if any still exist, review it. Assuming they’re a decent person.

1 Like

Do they exist? or have they fled from the SF permanently;
cause this has been what, 600 or more posts that have barely anything to do with lore discussion?

I mean, I’m sure this is what he was wanting out of it. His OP was basically just a commentary on how his personal experiences with racism make him unable separate that from a fictional world and that he can’t understand people who like the faction war while using Baal as an example.

This thread was, of course, doomed to be a crap shoot and I’d be willing to bet was intended to be.

1 Like

The only time they look at posts in the Story Forums is when they get reported.

I don’t think I’ve been banned from anything either, though there was this one ‘Admin’ in a Facebook group who was such a toxic person I had to leave it

I 100% think the faction rivalry should go away. All this for the horde, for the alliance. I’m not about that. Never was.

1 Like

Threads full of idiots.

This is not entirely true, pagan shrines and sites were either built over with churches, destroyed or made unrecognizable, the practice of religions was banned and if caught they were either forced to convert or killed.

No, Christianization was not a peaceful process, I don’t know where this romanticization with it comes from.