Wanting to be hated

Strange how only the Trolls have every major capital (all five!) , their holy temple tomb, and even their after life be an instance

1 Like

True, but as Baal has pointed out previously, we’ve also gone around killing in-game Loa whose RL incarnations are far less malevolent and barbaric.

2 Likes

So they didn’t actually comment the topic at all.

Because you seem to be making the argument that as long as the people of African descent being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it don’t point out they have an issue with something, that means they have zero criticisms.

6 Likes

I would assume that if the depictions were offensive to them they wouldn’t take the job to give vocal life to such problematic displays.

Edit: Also you don’t know what they get paid anymore than I do. So I wouldn’t go throwing around $$$ amounts like you have some kind of insider info.

1 Like

This is the “my black friend” of this thread, expect its not even a friend its just some guy you heard about.

3 Likes

Yeah, this actually makes me think of Disney’s new live-action Mulan film.

You know, the one that supposedly promotes female empowerment and liberation while starring an actress with ties to the Chinese government.

2 Likes

On what do you base this? Their silence on the topic?

Because as we’ve seen regularly on these forums, whenever people of African descent do criticize that part of WoW as containing racist elements, they’re met with a bunch of dismissals and pearl clutching by people insisting that it’s actually NOT racist, that they just see racsim in everything, call everyone that disagrees with them racist and only want to feel oppressed.

Yeah. No. We don’t speak on each and every instance of racism we see. This becomes especially true when our jobs are on the line.

11 Likes

They also filmed the movie in a province where the Chinese government was knowingly committing cultural genocide against the Muslims living there. Makes you wonder about Disney’s priorities

4 Likes

What are you talking about? When have we ever seen—

Oh. Right.

3 Likes

One person.

Said one person did do exactly this to the point where he even painted an entire other group of people racist based on their faith.

You like to use these broader words to try and give yourself more credence. “Hundreds of Thousands of dollars” as if to suggest these voice actors/actresses are corrupt and will toss aside their morals for money.

“Whenever people of African descent” when it’s only been one very vocal person.

2 Likes

Same as its ever been, make money.

Well, and designing to control the cultural zeitgeist in every imaginable way so that they can immediately respond to any new trends and, eventually, be the ones making the trends themselves that they can then sell back to people. But again, that’s just the long way of saying making money.

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly what they’re doing, though…?

One very vocal person who has demonstrated numerous times that his knowledge of human history outweighs that of pretty much everyone else who’s commented so far.

No it’s not. Unless you have some insider knowledge into the inner machinations of their minds that the rest of us don’t. If you do then please enlighten me oh reader of thoughts.

I want you to know this is the funniest thing you’ve ever said.

2 Likes

Which becomes meaningless the moment you judge someone a racist based soloely on their religion.

3 Likes

I don’t approve of his attitude, and yes, I wish that he would tone down the antagonism. But no, that doesn’t make his knowledge of history “meaningless.”

I guess that just requires one to be less easily-offended, though.

4 Likes

This is some big KekW energy given that his attacks on another person’s faith are fueled by his own rice paper thick skin.

2 Likes

It is I, the mastermind behind it all. All the NEFPA alts are in fact bots I created so I can be mad against them. The story forum is mine! Etc etc etc muahhahaha

Do we need to share your takes that got you banned from multiple platforms while claiming you’re the victim or we good?

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes: Nani???