Wanting to be hated

Because in the real world historians and cultural theorists and politicians generally agree that nobody is mad today about stuff that happened in the 8th century.

Good job cropping out the context to make yourself look better, my dude.

Steampunk aesthetics is literally based on Victorian England :skull::skull::skull::skull::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes, the 8th century must be really close to the 16th century.

1 Like

I don’t need to assassinate anyone. He has been committing character suicide all day.

1 Like

Gilneans are Steampunk?

It isn’t? Aki is literally claiming she is affected by 8th century stuff?

All Steampunk is based on Victorian England.

Victorian England in real life was not Steampunk

Lmao

Again, the fact that I was raised Christian means I was impacted by the events of Medieval period.

But there are things that impact me more directly. Especially on my Slavic side of the family. I don’t think I need to explain why the 20th Century was a bad time for them.

We were talking about Gilneas. When the hell did Steampunk enter the equation?

You’re the one who chose to misquote me to begin with. You literally have no room to talk about this.

Because they are, and yes, I’m cropping the rest of your post because it’s irrelevant.

Gilneas is Victorian. Evidence:

• Top hats
  • Distinctively British accents:
    • “Oi!”
    • “Get gabbin’ or get goin’!”
  • Horse-drawn carriages
  • Independent and industrialized

As well as this nice little bit from an interview with James Waugh, former Director of Story and Creative Development, re: Genn Greymane:

He believes in the superiority of his people, the strength of his people and not asking others for help. That is a sign of weakness. His father Archibald came out of that and there’s a character there. It, in a way, defined the ideals of the Gilneas culture. Because they are very advanced, it’s very Victorian. They seem to have industry there, that ethos builds that industry.

If you still want to argue that, “Nope, Gilneans aren’t Victorian,” then you’re going against official statements at this point.

Drop it.

7 Likes

You don’t even read what you write

20th century is modern period lmao :skull:

2 Likes

Bruh I’m literally cackling on this plane :joy:

I’m the only one with room to talk about this.

But not because they are industrial, which was your origins claim.

Horse-drawn carriages is not a staple of Victorian England either lol.

That has never been my point. My point has always been to point out your failure to identify what is and isn’t a cultural staple lol.

Yeah I know. I was literally born in the 20th Century.

Point is, you can be impacted by things in a variety of ways. Again, the fact that I was raised Christian mean I have been impacted by the Medieval period.

All the Voice Actors/Actresses of African decent that voice said Trolls don’t seem to have a problem with it.

3 Likes

Well, as long as you’re being humble about it, I guess…

They were a feature of Victorian England; I’m pretty sure you’re the only who’s been throwing “staples” around.

Which is actually quite dangerous :wink:

If that’s honestly been your “objective,” then I’m sorry, but you’ve really argued it very poorly—maybe it’s just me, but I don’t feel like I’ve had any “failure to identify what is and isn’t a cultural staple” exposed.

Especially considering the interview I cited above.

I am honestly curious about what they’ve had to say on the topic. Do we have any links or interviews or anything?

1 Like

Nope. Not that the industry would respond well, what with how Ray Fisher re: Cyborg and Orlando Jones re: American Gods is going, if any did.

1 Like

They seem pretty elated with their voice work that’s supposedly super problematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2tp_V1Jhw&t=261s&ab_channel=JasonThomas

Also pause, I have never said the depiction of Trolls in their in-game construction was racist.

Just that the constant trolling instances were questionable

I have in fact repeatedly lauded blizzard for its half decent amalgamation of various cultures I belong to or am adjacent to

2 Likes

The raids and dungeons are a big part of their in-game construction. It’s one of the most common avenues through which we experience their depiction.