Wanting to be hated

Hugs Shouldn’t have to go through that for a difference of opinion.

You mean like

Because this is pretty toxic.

At this point, you’re both wrong, so would you both please knock it off?

9 Likes

He also wants to ignore *The Troubles in Ireland that only in the last couple years ended and was on the verge of breaking out again only a few months ago.

hugs Long as your okay.

Nah I don’t I literally mentioned it as an example of anti Irish ethnic and religious and political persecution, with the nuance the Irish weren’t considered white until WW1/WW2 general period (and still aren’t by many WASPs)

1 Like

WTF? I mean, really? What is this crap?

8 Likes

This thread has all the right intentions, and all the wrong arguments.

4 Likes

So, it’s still a ongoing problem many Irish face. So it’s not like it’s was 1200 yrs ago is the point.

See, you complain about being called a racist, and then you deliberately choose to post something like this.

If you’re looking for sympathy, this isn’t the way to go about it.

10 Likes

To be fair Ireland is colonialism at work. So yeah. The reason wasn’t the religion itself there (it played strongly in to it, because of everything sure). I get you though. But there are insane stories if you even used some Celtic language at school in certain places in Britain at certain times… Or how Wendish in Germany shrank 50% in the last couple of years.

1 Like

Continuity doesn’t mean you’re personally mad about what Queen Elizabeth I did to Mary Queen of Scots and the Irish Catholics in the 1500s lol

I’m a cereal killer. :slight_smile: But thanks for reminding me what it was called. Now I need to brain bleach it out again.

2 Likes

WTF? That’s insane and creepy.

6 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:pancakes:

9 Likes

I couldn’t care less if people are sympathetic with me.

1 Like

But this has another reason: children were forbidden to speak accents in school in the last 2 decades, it was supposed to promote a “we” feeling, uarks, so it ended up that accents of the German language of all kinds were prevented in school, this changed only in the last 6-7 years, where it is now promoted for it.

1 Like

What does that have to do with Irish people suffering from discrimination today? It feels like your purposely being disingenuous. It’s a problem today, but yet you keep harping about the past.

1 Like

Because the problem today is due to material recent histories. Which continue to affect us.

Things that happened in the 10th through 15th centuries, like Zahir and Aki brought up regarding Pagan discrimination in Europe, does not affect us today nor should be held equally to modern violence, because it has not shaped our loved experiences and struggles.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:pancakes:

3 Likes