Wanting to be hated

First off - you have my sympathies. I couldn’t live without grapefruits.

Second, I think you have it right there with what Stormwind represents - and have again brought us back to one of its more pernicious aspects. Since Cataclysm, it absolutely has been portrayed more and more idealistically. We went from nobles and content that focused on political corruption, to an aggressive and bigoted king, to a redeemed and good king who spent his days being better than his contemporaries before he died a hero, to being replaced by a practical saint who exists now to correct the ways of people who aren’t coded as white Europeans.

3 Likes

I mean Old Gods are Lovecraft, who came up with his monsters due to how he viewed the world. He also admits to this and regrets it much later like Tolkien, and his various ex-girlfriends confirmed as much too in letters.

But again it’s just layers of meaning without anything explicit. Can’t even manage a “Alliance is weak to the Void and Old God fear and insecurity uniquely because of deep hidden paranoia from prior histories” plot or something.

Also just making sure: nobody wants to verify my Instagram selfies after all? It was all just empty posturing? Got it.

Only one person called your ethnicity into question.

1 Like

No one but Aki questioned your ethnicity so…shrug

3 Likes

I’m not going to tell you to Doxx yourself, but you can do what you want.

My Twitter is up above, you gonna verify my selfies or do you take back the ridiculous accusation I’m lying about my ethnicity?

This thread is more than 1000 posts long. I don’t care enough to go looking for the one you linked your twitter. If you really want, you can link it again. But honestly, you’re not really important enough for me to care one way or another. I merely speculated that you could be lying because this is the internet, and internet blackface is not exactly uncommon, especially among white, college aged SJW who are trigger happy with the word “racist”. You seem to meet that criteria.

This part doesn’t miss.

1 Like

Lmao walking it back will be as good as an apology I’m getting from you as expected :skull::joy:

1 Like

Not walking it back. I said “I wouldn’t be surprised” That still remains the case. If you were some white, American yuppy, it would completely track with your attitude.

I would wonder when I am getting an apology from you when you passed judgements on me on the basis of my religion. But I am not a child, and you’re not important enough for me to care.

2 Likes

Apology accepted :relieved:

Note how he isn’t posting his Twitter or Instagram like he said he would.

Just saying.

So…out of sheer curiosity, going to apologize for calling her a racist because you judged her based on her religion? Or we still going to enforce a a double standard here?

2 Likes

Oh sure I apologize for associating all pagans with racism.

She’s still racist for refusing to recognize that representations have meta implications due to the real world peoples they’re based upon. Killing and villain batting some group Trolls, dead or alive or undead, every expansion is Problématique. As an example.

Oh, I never meant anything to do with Lovecraft’s …issues. Just, evil Stormwind Humans being evil because Humans possess the capacity to act evil without squid-thingies getting into their heads. So not, Archbishop Benedictus and his Twilight Hammer insurrection. Just good old fashioned 'Y’know, I want more power and/or money than I currently possess. I’m gonna go harm other people to get it."

Has there been ANY of that since Cata? Not the Defias themselves, but the nobles who helped lead to their creation (minus Onyxia).

1 Like

You know, if I said half the BS Baal has said in this thread, I would have been silenced for at least a week. But I guess Baal can just verbally abuse anyone he wants with impunity.

2 Likes

There actually is a chocolate chip cookie cereal.

One of the most banal things I’ve ever had for breakfast.

MozarabMohan on Twitter, InquisitorHimbo on insta, lemme know when you request to follow the latter!

Edit: After everyone was dead or (forcibly) converted.

You know even Catholics and Protestants didn’t get along until very recently. Even in my family I know stories from such… let’s call it “wrong cult” syndrome.
If you were an Atheist, or any other believe you could even end up classified as insane. After a certain time you were seen as mentally insane. The Catholics declared even a war against the rest of the nation during the 19th century (because Protestants “bad”). I’m glad all of that ended (more or less, they forced new taxes on us for their cult…), but if you weren’t a Christian your chances of survival weren’t big in Europe for a long time (pogroms against Jews are also another example).

2 Likes

You best not be talking junk on Cookie Crisp or I’m coming after you.

Cereal wars are the war I have been training all my life for.